Value of: Gauging Barkov's trade price

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Well I did answer the OP and do believe Lundell was a great pick. A fellow Finn. Barkov has 1 of the best contracts in the league.
Yep: Lundell is my favorite prospect in the organization. He’s literally Barkov junior in how he’s described and I’m hoping Barky mentors him into greatness

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Panthers seem to have a ton of talent over the years but just cant put it all together. Why is that?

Even before they got Bob in net. But now with him at 10mil...that hurts them even more. Didnt they watch him in playoffs all these years? Why would they pay him 10mil?

So many good players on the Panthers. And end up losing a lot of them because they dont contend for the cup.

They should at least give Hoffman the contract he wants. Cant afford to lose both him and Dadanov. Not if they want to keep Barkov around.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
consider this, you've played for a garbage team your entire career, basically a decade, and said team doesn't really show any aspirations of winning a cup , like, at all.. anytime soon..plus you're nearing your 30's and you're thinking, well, I've been the C for a while now, I'm the best player, yet a goalie is outearning me, I want more than 10mil if they wanna keep me here....

yeah I'm sorry, but I'm leaning towards less of a chance resigning with us...that's just logic and reason, anything else would be your gut feeling or banking on his "good guy loyal" intangibles..yeah , sure

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Flames offer Monahan with pluses. Monahan will be shit on by HF because clueless fans, but he is a #1 center (not elite, but still a #1 center) and I don't see any other team offering up their #1 center who is the same age.

I can't see Florida letting him go though, they'll offer him Eichel money in 2 years.
He is a #2 on a contender. No way any team who wants to go far in the playoffs would consider trading for Monahan and want him to be their #1 centre, never mind Sasha Barkov. He is that on the flames out of necessity.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Panthers seem to have a ton of talent over the years but just cant put it all together. Why is that?

Even before they got Bob in net. But now with him at 10mil...that hurts them even more. Didnt they watch him in playoffs all these years? Why would they pay him 10mil?

So many good players on the Panthers. And end up losing a lot of them because they dont contend for the cup.

They should at least give Hoffman the contract he wants. Cant afford to lose both him and Dadanov. Not if they want to keep Barkov around.

From 2010-16, they were a Frankenstein roster (drafting/developing Huberdeau, Barkov and Ekblad) with vets like Fleischmann, Versteeg, Kopecky, Campbell, Boyes, etc. They would struggle to score and get by with really good goaltending and decent defense.

From 2016-2020, they could score a ton in top 6, barely any depth in bottom 6, couldn't defend and got by with average to good goaltending. Drafting and developing has been an issue along with constant ownership/management change.

This past year was too much change imo, new goalie, new coach, 5 new position players.
This year they may lose a ton of offense if Hoffman doesn't come back.
They may go young up front again with Tippett and Denisenko getting looks while trying to patch up the defense which Zito has done a decent job at so far. (Matheson out, Gudas and Nutivaara in)
Just drafted a hopeful 2C in Lundell, have a stud goalie prospect in Knight and some mid level defense prospects with good bottom 6 forward group.

They got tougher to play against but they will need their forward prospects to step in and produce right away while drafting more defense going forward.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Would offer literally anything from Calgary if the Panthers were crazy enough to make Barkov available.

Monahan+Gaudreau for Barkov and a small piece

Tkachuk straight across

Lindholm+

And so on and so forth.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
From 2010-16, they were a Frankenstein roster (drafting/developing Huberdeau, Barkov and Ekblad) with vets like Fleischmann, Versteeg, Kopecky, Campbell, Boyes, etc. They would struggle to score and get by with really good goaltending and decent defense.

From 2016-2020, they could score a ton in top 6, barely any depth in bottom 6, couldn't defend and got by with average to good goaltending. Drafting and developing has been an issue along with constant ownership/management change.

This past year was too much change imo, new goalie, new coach, 5 new position players.
This year they may lose a ton of offense if Hoffman doesn't come back.
They may go young up front again with Tippett and Denisenko getting looks while trying to patch up the defense which Zito has done a decent job at so far. (Matheson out, Gudas and Nutivaara in)
Just drafted a hopeful 2C in Lundell, have a stud goalie prospect in Knight and some mid level defense prospects with good bottom 6 forward group.

They got tougher to play against but they will need their forward prospects to step in and produce right away while drafting more defense going forward.

A lot of bad timing there. If Lundell can pan out(Tippet as well) and Barkov stays, they can get back to where they were 4 or so years ago when they finished in first place. The East is much tougher now tho. While Panthers could have a great line up...a lot is depending on Bobrovsky. Even if its just the next few years to get his contract down to 4 years. Making a buyout more reasonable if it comes down to that. As much as it would hurt, if Knight pans out like you said...then they will have him on his ELC while the first 4 years of the buyout of Bob is at 4 or 5 mil.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This is much ado about nothing. He's not on the block.
It's not a speculation thread, it's a 'value of' one.
Not many people looked at my op and answered if Barkov is rumored to extend or not.

It wasn't ever about Barkov being traded, rather conversing about his price in a trade event.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's not a speculation thread, it's a 'value of' one.
Not many people looked at my op and answered if Barkov is rumored to extend or not.

It wasn't ever about Barkov being traded, rather conversing about his price in a trade event.

Is he rumored to not renew? No. We're a year away from that. There's been no rumors one way or the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad