Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How do you know Stars are playing bad? Because Garbutt's house of cards comes crumbling down and he starts pulling off idiotic stuff like this.

When he isn't doing stupid **** like this, he is pretty good 3rd liner.

I'd like to Nill give him two choices: Either clean up his game and focus on being an effective 3rd liner or gtfo this team. I'm sick of seeing this crap from him.

This Jets fan hopes that the Stars keep Garbutt. Anything to improve our chances of beating the Stars.

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
First one he barely touched him, the second one was really bad though.

Goalies seem to be taught to fall whenever someone makes contact with them.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Not surprised about this in the least. Coming from the same player who re-broke Robidas' leg on a play where he came out of nowhere to take him out, and the same player who speared Perry in groin while Perry was coming off on a change.

Dirty, dumb, stupid player

INB4 "well everyone would do that to Perry anyway"

yeah, well anyone would do that to Pe...

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg

You mean of course except for the fact it is clearly a deliberate attempt to trip him as he intentionally sticks his back leg/foot out on Hutchinson.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh Garbutt did something dirty? In related news: Dallas played a game last night.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

For me, it's less about how bad each slew foot was and is more about Garbutt playing too stupid too often and needing to be punished for it.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
For all of you that think the slewfoot on Hutchinson was nothing ..... I'd like to invite you out for a skate you look off into the distance and i'll come by and do that and we'll see if you think it's nothing or funny.

There is a reason it's despised it's dangerous. Man I miss the old days where he'd now have to fear for himself out there.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
when do we find out

What? If there's a suspension or not? The hearing is tomorrow so I'd assume sometime late tomorrow afternoon or on Friday. Dallas doesn't play again until Sat so there's no rush to let the team know so that it doesn't impact a game later that night.

4 games would send a nice message. A little/quite a bit heavy handed for anyone else, but this clown needs to know that the league isn't going to let him act like a reckless idiot with other people's health.

Then if/when he does it again right when he comes back, hit him with a 10+ game vacation. Eventually his accountant will be begging him to clean his act up...

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011

Right...because it's easy to keep standing on some skates on the ice when you're focusing on the play where the puck is and not expecting a blatant trip from behind while in a completely relaxed, upright position :laugh:.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
First one isn't a slew foot. Just a dirty trip on an unsuspecting goalie.

The second is pretty textbook. Byfuglien is strong and anticipated it a bit so it didn't turn out so bad, but a very dirty play.

My exact thoughts. First was a trip, the second was as slewfoot as slewfoot goes.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
The next Matt Cooke of ruining players on purpose?

If MOST cannot see these as slewfoots, you shouldn't be hockey fans. This stuff is gross. ( I love hard nosed rough hockey, but dirty - no )

A fan of the game should be above **** like this, it's not the 70's anymore. Get this trash outta the NHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad