Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Garbutt has plenty of skill, he's a good third liner. That's what's so frustrating about his antics, if he stuck to a clean game he'd be so much better.

Yeah it sucks that he's turned into a dirty POS player because he is otherwise an effective player.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
He's far and away the dirtiest player in the league, they just haven't realized it yet.

Every. Single. Game. He's trying to injure someone on the other team. I noticed it his rookie year.

Look at this stat line from Manitoba Juniors. Hint- the first number is games played. The last is penalty minutes.

63 47 34 81 303

He should get a 10 game or so suspension and probation that states if something happens again he's out. No penalty to the Stars organization, he just can't play in the league anymore.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
he's crossed the line into just being a reckless player, that is becoming a negative asset for the Stars when he's on the ice. Needs to tone it down.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He's far and away the dirtiest player in the league, they just haven't realized it yet.

Every. Single. Game. He's trying to injure someone on the other team. I noticed it his rookie year.

Look at this stat line from Manitoba Juniors. Hint- the first number is games played. The last is penalty minutes.

63 47 34 81 303

He should get a 10 game or so suspension and probation that states if something happens again he's out. No penalty to the Stars organization, he just can't play in the league anymore.

47 goals tho what a beautician

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Two garbage plays that need to be gone from the game, and players who display a chronic usage of this crap need gone from the game as well.

I've said for years that tripping someone in this manner, especially with actually pushing back the opponent's upper body at the same time, needs to be a mandatory 10-game suspension. It won't happen, but I still think giving Garbutt 20 games out would do nicely.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Typical Garbutt.

At first, I really thought he was the standard aggravating player who would get under your skin and make you pay for it. A grudging respect, because he did his job well.

But he's not just annoying, he's reckless. Did we forget that stupid play that re-broke Robidas's leg during the playoffs?

He'll take the penalties gladly. That's his job. I eagerly await his exit from the league.

EDIT:
A video added for your viewing pleasure.

You can rationalize this all you want. He's not trying to stop a breakaway, he's not trying to protect an empty net. This is a stupid play that ended badly. I have no doubt we'll see this kind of play from him again.

LOL this is a play that happens multiple times a night across the league. You need to get over this.

On topic to what he did last night, dude is an idiot and needs another suspension.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Garbutt and Roussel are two of the biggest jokes in the league. I still can't over what Roussel did to Stalock a couple weeks ago. How stupid can you get?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Garbutt is a really stupid player that I wish wasn't on this team. For all the **** Roussel gets he is no where near this moron's level.

Not even close but he can be pretty bad too. Not as much a thug but he has his moments of being dirty.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
he's crossed the line into just being a reckless player, that is becoming a negative asset for the Stars when he's on the ice. Needs to tone it down.

Crossed the line? He's been like this the entire time I've known who he was. Dirty from the start, only now he's getting worse and worse.

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013
How do you know Stars are playing bad? Because Garbutt's house of cards comes crumbling down and he starts pulling off idiotic stuff like this.

When he isn't doing stupid **** like this, he is pretty good 3rd liner.

I'd like to Nill give him two choices: Either clean up his game and focus on being an effective 3rd liner or gtfo this team. I'm sick of seeing this crap from him.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
LOL this is a play that happens multiple times a night across the league. You need to get over this.

On topic to what he did last night, dude is an idiot and needs another suspension.

Beg your pardon, diving at the puck at the opposing team's blueline is a play that happens every night? I've seen people get in on the forecheck, but that play was reckless.

He didn't go out to hurt Robidas, but you go ahead and tell me the logic behind Garbutt's dive, and explain to me how that happens every night.

I've seen desperation lunges, believe me. In the context of that game, there was no need for this play. "Getting over it" is a difficult thing to do when he keeps pulling stunts like this all the time.

navyduck

Sep 26, 2011

Give me multiple videos as proof of these plays from last night's games where a forward intentionally dives into the legs of a defensemen from behind, while at the forward's attacking goal line, in an "attempt" to play the puck. If it happens multiple times, you should be able to back it up

On topic, Garbutt is a joke. Has been ever since I have seen him anyway. Does plenty of stupid crap at least once a game. Having him on a line with Roussel is just worse. While Roussel tows the line of dirty plays, he at least has the balls to throw down and back up his antics. All I ever see Garbutt do is chicken out with his tail between his legs

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Not surprised about this in the least. Coming from the same player who re-broke Robidas' leg on a play where he came out of nowhere to take him out, and the same player who speared Perry in groin while Perry was coming off on a change.

Dirty, dumb, stupid player

INB4 "well everyone would do that to Perry anyway"

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Give me multiple videos as proof of these plays from last night's games where a forward intentionally dives into the legs of a defensemen from behind, while at the forward's attacking goal line, in an "attempt" to play the puck. If it happens multiple times, you should be able to back it up

On topic, Garbutt is a joke. Has been ever since I have seen him anyway. Does plenty of stupid crap at least once a game. Having him on a line with Roussel is just worse. While Roussel tows the line of dirty plays, he at least has the balls to throw down and back up his antics. All I ever see Garbutt do is chicken out with his tail between his legs

A player diving for a loose puck happens every single night. Watch hockey, and you will see this.

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Garbutt says he isn't going to change the way he plays.

Probably not the best thing to say going into another hearing haha.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Garbutt might be even worse...he ran away from a fight after the slewfoot on Hutchinson.

These teams have 3 more matchups against each other this year.

...I just hope Garbutt isn't suspended for any of those three games against the Jets. Having him in the Stars lineup helps the Jets win.

The guy is completely selfish, and has no respect for the game and other players trying to make a living.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad