Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Does Ryan Garbage Garbutt even know how to play hockey? That was embarrassing to watch, as though he does not know how to check. The one on Byfuglien...that is clearly the worse slew-foot, and maybe Garbutt should receive discipline from the league for the latter.

Jul 1, 2012
Dirtiest player in the league. It's a shame players like him even exist. Disgusting

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
The one on Byuf wasn't so bad. Pretty common penalty for a smaller player to make when they are off balance. The first one was awful, definately could consider that intent to injure.

Nov 24, 2006
I thought it was funny.

Pretty sad to think that anyone thinks this is funny.

Anyway, the guy is a POS. Hard to believe these types of plays which could result in serious injury are not looked at by the league for supplementary discipline, but every boarding incident is.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Maybe the jersey's haunted & whoever wears it turns into a POS?

Whatever it is, the league needs to come down harder on players who do this crap than the current "hit someone near the boards & get a couple days off" trend of suspensions.

(didn't Avery wear 16 while with the Stars? I know he did in NY & think he did in LA)

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Garbutt is the new Matt Cooke, only without the grace, charm, and actual hockey skill. He'd get tuned pretty easily of he were made to stand for his actions.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Garbutt is the new Matt Cooke, only without the grace, charm, and actual hockey skill. He'd get tuned pretty easily of he were made to stand for his actions.

Garbutt has plenty of skill, he's a good third liner. That's what's so frustrating about his antics, if he stuck to a clean game he'd be so much better.

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Garbutt has plenty of skill, he's a good third liner. That's what's so frustrating about his antics, if he stuck to a clean game he'd be so much better.

Agreed. The guy can play the game. Last year had 17 goals and 3 more in the playoffs. Could be a very good third liner he just needs to tone it down. I think if the Stars were playing better hockey he wouldn't be running around like that.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
He has a meeting with NHLPS Thursday morning.....time for Scrooge to take some money out of his wallet.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He actually has a hearing? I'm surprised. Not because I don't think he deserves one, but because the NHL frankly hasn't enforced its own rules on slew-footing for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00