Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Typical Garbutt.

At first, I really thought he was the standard aggravating player who would get under your skin and make you pay for it. A grudging respect, because he did his job well.

But he's not just annoying, he's reckless. Did we forget that stupid play that re-broke Robidas's leg during the playoffs?

He'll take the penalties gladly. That's his job. I eagerly await his exit from the league.

EDIT:
A video added for your viewing pleasure.

You can rationalize this all you want. He's not trying to stop a breakaway, he's not trying to protect an empty net. This is a stupid play that ended badly. I have no doubt we'll see this kind of play from him again.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
typical stuff from a cheap, dirty POS in garbutt

he's sure making a case for himself as one of the league's dirtiest players

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What was funny to me was Dallas fans insisting last year that Garbutt isn't a dirty player. He just plays with "an appreciable edge"

Come on.

4 of the 7 responses are Ducks fans :laugh: you can tell we don't like him much

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You're not going to get any arguments from Stars fans. We're all pretty sick of his antics.

To recap his last few games:

Nov 25th- Kneeing against Hall. Suspended 2 games.
Nov 28th- Suspended
Nov 29th- Suspended
Dec 2nd- Nothing
Dec 4th- Idiotic slashing penalty against Jimmy Howard. Benched for a period after.
Dec 6th- Questionable boarding although no penalty was called. Mike Weaver was concussed.
Dec 9th- These penalties.

I wanted him benched after the suspension but Ruff keeps playing him. It's ridiculous and everyone on the Stars board wants him gone.

Last edited:

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Officially change this piece of crap's name to garbage. Easily one of the biggest pieces of **** in the league.

You know you're an A1 dirtbag when even your own fans have had it with you. Looking forward to the day he gets his lunch fed to him

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Dallas fans swore up and down how this player was only a pest, and not really a pos rat, yet with each new incident this waste of human flesh is involved in another player gets hurt. Dallas players must be sooooo ****ing thankful for the Instigator Penalty, ' cause otherwise benn, sequin, or lehtonen would've been targeted by the aggrieved teams damaged by this trash.

bananaslug

Oct 2, 2009
I want to be able to like dallas for their skilled guys but they always seem to have a Garbutt on their team pulling this crap

He alone seems to be as bad if not worse as the Avery+Ott days of stupidity

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That one on the goalie is just embarassing. We have been living in the era of television cameras for quite some time. Not gonna miss that.

He's lucky he didn't get hurt by someone. Maurice should have sent goons after him

Bradyyy93

Jun 14, 2014
Dallas fans swore up and down how this player was only a pest, and not really a pos rat, yet with each new incident this waste of human flesh is involved in another player gets hurt. Dallas players must be sooooo ****ing thankful for the Instigator Penalty, ' cause otherwise benn, sequin, or lehtonen would've been targeted by the aggrieved teams damaged by this trash.

I can assure you Benns not worried about someone going after him

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
The POS at it again, he's well on his way to be the new Matt Cooke. This ***** needs to get out of the NHL as soon as possible.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue

Thank god!

Good to know benn's not worried. Now I can sleep.

On a side note, that you only responded to THAT portion of my post really, and I mean really makes it sound like you are the typical garbutt "apologist" that only frequents these boards, to explain away this D-bag's behavior. Nice to know...

Nynja*

When the teams announcers are calling you out for your garbage, you know you've got it bad.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was hoping to wake up and log on to see that he'd been traded for a bag of pucks overnight.

Alas, no such luck. :(

Add me to the long list of Stars fans who want that goof off our team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Send this guy to the KHL. He's obviously going out of his way to try and injure players.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
First one isn't a slew foot. Just a dirty trip on an unsuspecting goalie.

The second is pretty textbook. Byfuglien is strong and anticipated it a bit so it didn't turn out so bad, but a very dirty play.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
What is even more sad is that he declines to fight after his ****** antics. He concussed Weaver from a hit from behind, Prust went for him and he declined like a *****!

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Garbutt is a really stupid player that I wish wasn't on this team. For all the **** Roussel gets he is no where near this moron's level.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Whether or not Benn is concerned is irrelevant. Benn can handle himself.

But do you want to lose him to a broken hand cuz he bounced it off the helmet of some 4th liner he had to fight because of Garbutt's actions.

The kinds of things Garbutt is doing are the lowest of the low. Frustrations will eventually come out.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
First one isn't a slew foot. Just a dirty trip on an unsuspecting goalie.

The second is pretty textbook. Byfuglien is strong and anticipated it a bit so it didn't turn out so bad, but a very dirty play.

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

So yes, they're both a slewfoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->