Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
A shame he did it to the goaler. Buff on the other hand gets away with crap all the time but its still dangerous.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
K40yPSB.jpg

I lol'd

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This dude is the new matt Cooke. Just a stupid, dangerous, reckless player. If he just went around wrecking dudes I'd be ok with him because I enjoy that style of play, but he's just so stupid and dangerous with how he goes about doing it. He needs to get destroyed by someone Fedoruk style.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
He's far and away the dirtiest player in the league, they just haven't realized it yet.

Every. Single. Game. He's trying to injure someone on the other team. I noticed it his rookie year.

Look at this stat line from Manitoba Juniors. Hint- the first number is games played. The last is penalty minutes.

63 47 34 81 303

He should get a 10 game or so suspension and probation that states if something happens again he's out. No penalty to the Stars organization, he just can't play in the league anymore.

I don't know, I think Subban is right up there. He is the king of slew footing!!

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
A shame he did it to the goaler. Buff on the other hand gets away with crap all the time but its still dangerous.

Okay, I won't make you define "all the time" but how about you give us one example of anything dirty in the last five years.

[Waits for "vicious punch" on noted good-guy Varlamov. Never mind. Found it:]

DeliciousJauntyAyeaye.gif

What a weak response on the ice by the Jets.

They went after him after the first one. Maybe they figured the second would be assessed the major it should have been:

Rule 52 - Slew-footing

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

52.2 Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty.

52.3 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for slew-footing, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
This guy is going to hurt somebody bad. With his record, this is a very weak decision. 10 games was called for

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
Only 3 games for 2 slewfoots? That's very lenient.

It's too bad Thorburn or Peluso didn't just beat the crap out of him in the game. That sends a stronger message than just a 3 game suspension.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
the first one wasn't a slew foot, if anything it was a kick... but in reality it was just a trip

Rule 52 - Slew-footing

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

52.2 Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty.

52.3 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for slew-footing, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

If it was a kick then it is considered a slew foot under the current rules.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
The teams meet 3 more times this season...expect revenge in one of those matchups.

The Stars and Jets don't play again for a month, by then he might have gotten a lengthy suspension or played himself out of the NHL.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Rule 52 - Slew-footing

If it was a kick then it is considered a slew foot under the current rules.

ahh word thanks, if thats the rule buff slewed landy in the avs game

aloonda*

the level of duck fan ******** in here is funny

and I am far from a fishass apologist

i think some of his "diving" penalties" are him being so fast that when he wipes out it looks bad

some of this kinda of stuff? he's just dumb

hope he learns

anyone comparing him to roussel? hasn't been watching

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Guy is complete garbage, just ban him from the league.

With being suspended just a month ago he should have taken 10 or more. Fine the team while you're at it, they want to employee this goon they can pay him to sit in the pressbox and pay the league for the pleasure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad