Garbutt with a couple of slewfoots vs Winnipeg (suspended 3 games)

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
I called it last season. Disrespectful player, a danger to others on the ice, and purposefully undisciplined.

The league could have sent a message after his blatant, purposeful knee on knee to Taylor Hall. Nope. They gave him 2 measly games. And because of the NHL's general disregard for western conference teams and myopic view on player discipline Mike Weaver is sitting at home with a concussion, and other players have been put in danger.

Matt Cooke spent most of his career getting 2-4 game suspensions. The league was clueless. Some would say, "oh the guy turned at the last second" or "it was just one of those plays". But it happened over and over and over again. Marc Savard's career ended because people gave Matt Cooke pass after pass. They finally threw the book at him, and what happened? Tyson Barrie.

If the NHL makes the same mistakes with Garbutt that they made with Cooke, you absolutely will see somebody's career end at his hands.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
The suspension---which would be the second for Garbutt this season---should be 4 games.

He got five games last year for his flying elbow pirouette to Penner's head. He should get more considering he keeps doing the same stuff and was just suspended a few weeks ago.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
He got five games last year for his flying elbow pirouette to Penner's head. He should get more considering he keeps doing the same stuff and was just suspended a few weeks ago.

Thought that was charging into his head out of the penalty box :dunno:

Hope he is off the roster before the suspension is over... 3rd round pick? Done...

benr

Mar 7, 2011
What more do you expect from a guy whose last name means in English, "Garbage Butt".

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City

I take that back then. This should have been an in-person hearing, since this is likely his third suspension in the last 14 months (plus an additional fine).

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Such a garbage player...its an embarrassment hes from my home town...more so then the embarrassment of the hometown team itelsef..

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
EDIT:
A video added for your viewing pleasure.

You can rationalize this all you want. He's not trying to stop a breakaway, he's not trying to protect an empty net. This is a stupid play that ended badly. I have no doubt we'll see this kind of play from him again.

cmon the puck is right in front of the net and he's clearly going for the puck. it's just an awkward play.

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
3 games. Disgraceful.

EXACTLY the same thing that happened with Cooke. 2-4 game suspensions. They're setting up for another disaster. Mark my words, Garbutt is going to injure more players if he continues to get a free pass. The NHL is saying, "we don't care until another Marc Savard happens."

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

perry.jpg

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad