Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Currently in the middle of Kingdom Hearts 2. Trying to refresh myself and get ready for KH3. Super excited!!!

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Currently playing Insurgency: Sandstorm and Sunset Overdrive. Both are great and are pretty recent additions to the Steam store.

Last edited:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I figured this wasn't thread worthy by itself & think this might be the best fit for my question: I want to give Metal Gear Solid V a shot, I have never played any of the previous games but, from what I've seen/heard/read, I think it'd be up my alley.

Should I get it on PS4 or PC? Price is equal. Not sure if there were any issues on one platform over another (I always like to check as I bought Xcom2 on PS4 originally & there were massive loading issues as the campaign progressed; never had any of that with PC).

I will likely not mod the game either way.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Sunset Overdrive is on Steam now? Awesome. Loved that game when I still had an Xbox.
Yup, got it on sale a couple of days ago, some users are complaining about this system detection program that launches as soon as you start the game it checks if the system requirements are met for you to play the game, apparently I need a 3 cores cpu to run it but it runs just fine on my 2 core i3 cpu. For some the game just doesn't run. Just a heads up if anyone wants to buy it.

I've been wanting to play it for a while, actually contemplated buying an Xbox just for this game.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
I started iRacing in August.

Couldn't imagine the rabbit hole it can become.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just started Slay the Spire after getting some Steam gift cards for the holidays and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. It didn't really seem like the kind of game I would enjoy, but I'm having a blast so far.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Last week, nostalgia hit me pretty hard so I started playing FFXI again, private server. Still love it!

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Hitman 2. Got it for $26 so I figured I give it a try. So far am really liking it. I like how you can come up with clever ways to kill ppl lol

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Outcast: Second Contact

1:1 (ish) update of the 1999 game Outcast that I have been meaning to play for ages.
Pretty good so far. Not terribly deep but has interesting and unique world building. Open world-ish exploration, kinda meh to bad combat. Quests without hand holding.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Getting into it now that all the controversies and shit have died down. Feels like one of those games that would be mind-blowingly fun if not for its predecessor existing, making it simply fun instead.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Started my first RPG....Dragon's Dogma. Feels like Skyrim (based on gameplay vids, I haven't actually installed Skyrim cos I gotta get a new hard drive and running out of space on the console, Dragon's Dogma requires no install strangely compared to most other last-gen Western RPGs).

Also got these three for $10 CAD total from the flea market, AC IV Black Flag, Rage, and Uncharted 1 (had 2 and 3 before). Really excited about going on a pirate ship in Black Flag lol.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just started Slay the Spire after getting some Steam gift cards for the holidays and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. It didn't really seem like the kind of game I would enjoy, but I'm having a blast so far.
Update: Damn this is a great game. I'm super addicted. I think it's still on Steam sale so if you've never checked it out I highly recommend it.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Played some Cities skyline briefly but the traffic you know it will make you = -> :madfire::madfire::banghead::banghead: .

Now I am back doing another play through of Skyrim SE after doing a clean install and trying out some new mods.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I kind of want to get back into Cities Skyline but the fact that they limit how much you can put into a city really put me off. I remember wanting to make a city that looked like it was in the forest and put trees everywhere. The city wasn't even big and I physically couldn't put anything else in the map because I had so many trees.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Currently addicted to Papers Please.

Once you finish that, you may like the author's latest game, Return of the Obra Dinn. It's different in many ways, but similar in its minimalism and emphasis on clue finding. I actually finished it before realizing that it was from the same author, at which point I had an "ah hah!" moment and it made even more sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad