Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Speaking of Star Wars games, I'm trying to play Jedi Outcasts II and getting whooped. I think the problem is the control scheme, I have a non-gaming mouse with 4 buttons and a wheel plus keyboard so it's problematic.

I'm assuming that you mean Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. As far as I know, there was never a Jedi Outcast II. There was a sequel, but it was called Jedi Academy.

If you mean Jedi Outcast, I can assure that it's not the control scheme. I replayed it a year or two ago and was reminded how tough it is. I usually play shooters on Hard, but Hard in Jedi Outcast plays like Nightmare mode in other games. I had to lower it to Normal, which was still pretty challenging. If you're already on Normal, lower it to Easy and don't feel bad about it, since that probably should've been the Normal difficulty.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I had my eye on it while it was in Early Access and was excited that it went final a week ago. It's on my to-do-very-soon list. I just want to finish Two Point Hospital first, since they're very similar games. Speaking of which, you two would likely really enjoy that, too, since it's exactly the same kind of game: casual and fun, but with the challenge of balancing money, satisfaction and so on.
I will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Thank you for this, I'd been struggling with trying to figure out what items to pick up. I remember having this problem when I tried to play it before.

Ammo is like having your own bank because it’s weightless. (At least non-survival or unmodded). So there’s never any real need to sell it (there are the odd conversations that require caps but mainly you can barter for anything).

Plus you can always shoot it. ;)

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Ammo is like having your own bank because it’s weightless. (At least non-survival or unmodded). So there’s never any real need to sell it (there are the odd conversations that require caps but mainly you can barter for anything).

Plus you can always shoot it. ;)
This is a great tip & I can't believe I overlooked it. Some of the Fallouts since FO3 have survival mode, where ammo has weight, but I never play it & don't recommend it for a first timer. For this reason, never leave a trader who sells ammo with anything you don't want to keep. I sell everything but chems (minimal weight, you can sell these over "x" number if you want to as you'll eventually have way more then you'd ever need), guns & ammo. When the trader runs out of caps, buy ammo until they have enough caps to take all your crap.

I've always had way too much money in FO because of that. Only New Vegas would you ever really want a ton of caps (implants & the gun runner store are both useful & expensive) but it still never hurts to have tons of caps. And tons of ammo.

The perk (under luck I think in all games) that enhances how much ammo you scavenge each time is also a priority one, up there with jerry rigging (a perk I spec for as early as I can), strong back & any perk that ups damage in your preferred weapon style (I'm always a small guns guy as I tend to use mid to long range semi-auto rifles in every game most of the time).

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Outcast can be tough, particularly some of the early levels. Academy goes too far the other way and is way too easy unfortunately.

What's really ridiculous is the level in the demo of Outcast. It's a level that's not in the full game and you would think that it'd be easy, like pretty much all game demos are. Nope! It's harder than any level in the full game, to a "What were they thinking?" degree. I had to lower the difficulty to Easy to get through it... and I've been playing shooters for 25 years.

When I re-played through the DF/JK series last year, I stopped after Outcast, since I remember not liking Academy. In retrospect, I think that they may've been trying to make the game more like Halo.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t think there’s a game that did lightsaber combat as well as Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

There’s a combat in JA where you fight 3 simultaneously and I had a save there so I could try it over and over again.

Timing and patience required.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Finally getting around to playing Spiderman on the PS4. This game is so much fun. The web swinging is so natural and intuitive that even though they have fast-travel in game I almost never use it. The combat is also pretty fun and it honestly looks like a spiderman cut scene when you are fighting.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 on Steam. Yeah, several years late to the party, I know. I would play World of Final Fantasy on PS4, a birthday present from my sister, if my sister didn't bought me the JAPANESE VERSION! Whoops! (Don't worry. Nancy, my sister, kept the receipt, and will work to fix the situation.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Finally getting around to playing Spiderman on the PS4. This game is so much fun. The web swinging is so natural and intuitive that even though they have fast-travel in game I almost never use it. The combat is also pretty fun and it honestly looks like a spiderman cut scene when you are fighting.

The webslinging is probably my favourite way to travel in any open world game ever.

I also never once touched the fast travel, which was a stark contrast to RDR2 where I was begging for one at certain points in the story. :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Unlocked all the fighters in Smash, finished the story DLC for Spider-Man, and ready to jump back into RDR2 to finish the story. Kind of looking forward to immersing myself back in that world again now that all the Smash Bros hype has been relieved.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Unlocked all the fighters in Smash, finished the story DLC for Spider-Man, and ready to jump back into RDR2 to finish the story. Kind of looking forward to immersing myself back in that world again now that all the Smash Bros hype has been relieved.
Is the story DLC meant to be played after the main game story, or just something you can do whenever?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Is the story DLC meant to be played after the main game story, or just something you can do whenever?

It is meant to be played after, but you can play it whenever. It isn't spoiler heavy (as far as I can tell anyway) so to be honest you could play it (at least the first two anyway, 3 comes out Friday) just to unlock the suits (Spider-Armor and Iron-Spider to be specific...the best DLC suits) and then jump back into the main game.

They're difficult though. They ramped up the difficulty even from the hardest of challenges in the main game. Although, once you get back into the groove its not hard anymore. I am loving playing on New Game Plus because now I just destroy every enemy hideout with no hassle. Its so fun to use all your gadgets and just beat the living crap out of everybody with such ease.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I am playing Kenchi, an open world sandbox never ending rpg/action game. The game is just perfect! Its hard as balls and very unforgiving but extremely rewarding. I haven't had this much fun with random encounters since Oblivion. Also the setting is like a post-apocalyptic medival Japan/ Naruto/ Fist of the Northstar sci-fi setting with weird beasts.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I picked up PUBG on the PS4. I'm really bad at it, but I quite enjoy the game as a whole. It's preferable to the whole spawn - die - rinse and repeat FPS games out there.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started my Resident Evil 7. I'm only an hour in but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's definitely not the kind of game I'll be able to play in long sittings though, I don't do well in horror games. :laugh:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS3 a good buy? It's on sale for a few Pounds on UK PSN.

Also Beyond Good and Evil HD finally went on sale yaaaah.

Kind of on the fence about whether or not to buy Okami HD. Not a fan of games that are more style than substance. Seems like a lot of people don't finish playing through that one but admire the style.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I loved MGS V. I definitely think it's a must have. My main complaint about it was the side missions. I'd say just don't even bother for them. It ends up being just revisiting a lot of old areas you've already been through. Buy it and just focus on the story line IMO.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I started my Resident Evil 7. I'm only an hour in but I'm definitely enjoying it so far. It's definitely not the kind of game I'll be able to play in long sittings though, I don't do well in horror games. :laugh:
The reaction seemed pretty mixed on RE7, but I loved it. Definitely the best one since 4 and probably behind 2, 4 and the OG one for me.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was never really a fan of the franchise but going first person was what made me want to give this one a try. The only Resident Evil game I ever beat was Resident Evil: Dead Aim which was a light gun game for PS2. :laugh: It was actually really cool, it played like a regular behind the shoulder RE game as far as controls and mechanics go but aiming went into first person where you had to actually shoot the zombies with your light gun. It actually worked really well but you had to have a light gun so I doubt many people played it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I loved MGS V. I definitely think it's a must have. My main complaint about it was the side missions. I'd say just don't even bother for them. It ends up being just revisiting a lot of old areas you've already been through. Buy it and just focus on the story line IMO.

MGSV rewards people who like to experiment with gameplay mechanics.

If you are looking to min-max it loses a lot of it's appeal but is still very much worth it.

Easily one of the better games of the last few years. I put in around 120 hours to complete it on my first run and it was a blast the whole way through. Had Witcher 3 not come out that year, MGSV likely gets GotY that year.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Started playing Monster Hunter World but it gave me Xenoblade Chronicles X vibes so now I'm replaying Xenoblade Chronicles X!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Started playing through Diablo 3 on PS4 again. Played it when it came out, got through the story and then pretty much didn’t touch it. I’m really enjoying it and anticipating Diablo 4 whenever that comes out.

Also getting back into PUBG on PC with the new map. I guess I got spoiled by Sanhok. The loot is just brutal on this map.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yooka-Laylee PS4

Just started this one after finishing Spider-Man, definitely a throwback to the Banjo-Kazooie games

I played about 30% of it. Someone here gave me a free key :P

I enjoyed it well enough but the amount of back tracking due to not having all the abilities needed kinda wore me down on continuing to play. That was definitely present in the old games but felt way less frequent, artificial and less impactful since there were many more levels instead of 5 really big ones.

IMO the levels should be more or less self contained and the backtracking should have been more focused to the overworld (which got the short shift in Yooka, not interesting enough).

Still as far as Kickstarter games go it was pretty successful. Maybe I'll pick it up and finish it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->