Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I added, "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel" to the list. Somebody give me a "Welcome to the party, pal" meme pic for me playing games so old. :(

That's nothing. I didn't play the original 2009 Borderlands until 6 months ago. I'm also only now getting around to GTA IV from 2008. Four-year-old games like The Pre-Sequel are practically modern. When you start checking games off of your to-do list that are ten years old, then you can get the "Welcome to the party, pal" meme, not before.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
That's nothing. I didn't play the original 2009 Borderlands until 6 months ago. I'm also only now getting around to GTA IV from 2008. Four-year-old games like The Pre-Sequel are practically modern. When you start checking games off of your to-do list that are ten years old, then you can get the "Welcome to the party, pal" meme, not before.

Understood.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What's a good place to get guides or whatever? I have no idea what I'm doing in Dragon's Dogma, I need help but not in the form of Youtube videos.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I might’ve already posted this on this thread, but whatever. Im addicted to MyLeague on NBA2k, creating drafts, making big trades in the league, and a bunch of other stuff. I’m in the year 2078 (the max amount years you can go is until 2096 so I still got a few more left haha) in my current one it’s just full of players that I’ve created which is hilarious and fun. Best simulation engine of all-time IMO.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I need to get back into Insurgency: Sandstorm now that it's out of early access. I remember when it was first in beta that it was horribly optimized. I heard they did a great job at fixing it up.

I plan to play through all of the Devil May Cry games before DMC5 comes out. I'm already on mission 17 out of 23 despite only playing for about 3 hours. I decided to just play on easy to get through the story. The game's pretty cool but hasn't aged that well. The main problem is the old school Resident Evil style cameras, especially since they switch pretty often. Fortunately, the platforming in the game, is still pretty simple as you can't run off a ledge, you have to jump off. You can set yourself up where the camera is where you want it and then make the jump. The combat's fun albeit simple. I do feel like a bad ass but I wish there was a dodge button. Jump works as dodging but doesn't feel quite natural like dodge does in more modern spectacle fighters. The game's really short though from the looks of it and I plan on finishing it tomorrow.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Persona 5 - PS4
Undertale - PC.

Persona has been taking up all my time but I'm getting close to finishing it. Not sure what I'll play after, might just wait until KH3. Although DQ11 and Nier:A might be good picks. Although I heard Nier is terrible on PC, and that's where I'd want to play it. DQ11 would be fine on PS4.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Wreckfest is a ton of fun, it was definitely one of my top games of 2018 even if it's a niche genre. I'm really hoping that when it gets released for consoles that they allow cross platform online play. The online community is kind of small and at off hours it can be hard to find a server.

The only thing I want them to change is to nerf the Muddiggers. They're too damn powerful, they can kill you with ease and you can't do much of anything to retaliate unless you're in a muddigger yourself.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I started a new run of Divinity Original Sin 2 after beating it over a year ago.

Such a great game - I highly recommend it to everyone.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have a pile of games where I'm literally at the end and haven't finished them:
-X-Com 2 - Enemy Within (last mission even!)
-Wasteland 2 (last area)
-Divinity: Original Sin
-Baldur's Gate 2
-Subnautica (almost finished building the final object)

The issue I find is that it's hard to jump back into them because they are usually very complex by that point of the game and the difficulty is at its highest, so it's a bit overwhelming.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm looking forward to Wreckfest, though since I'll be playing on a PS4 I doubt I'll be any help with the cross-platform play.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Borderlands 2 is the best of the series by a substantial margin. The Pre-sequel isnt nearly as good.

Like, its to the point where I have played BL2 + all DLC three complete times with probably 300+ hours ( all solo, too) but I cant even get half way through The Pre-sequel.

I love BL2 so much. Its in my Pantheon of favourite games.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Borderlands 2 is the best of the series by a substantial margin. The Pre-sequel isnt nearly as good.

It's the only one I've played.

I wish there was more character skill development as opposed to the single skill that each character type has.

The gun variety is fun and the writing is top notch.

Last edited:

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
FFX-2 HD , in chapter 3

Currently stuck being underlevelled and compared to FFX it is hard to grind up. Didn't realize until chapter 3 than most of the sidequests disappear after you finish a chapter. So I've missed a lot of items.

I'm hoping the story gets better because I still can't figure out what the point is yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad