GDT: GAME XXII - Stars at Avalanche: Exhaustion

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Can someone PM me with info on how to insert GIFS lol

giphy.gif

P.S.: just click on the "image" icon and paste the url of the .gif.

Reactions: crue7

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It wasn't good, but it was wasn't terrible like you were suggesting either.

Anyways, this is what i'd like to see:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost-Kerfoot-Compher
Nieto-Soda-Kam
Calvert-Dries-Wilson
'Ghetto

Play the 4th line for under 10 minutes a game and were golden.
That second line did nothing offensively. Get it in. Attempt to cycle. Get bodied. Puck goes out. Thats all that seemed to happen to them all night. They werent a liability defensively but you expect your second line to create more than a few scoring chances. They looked like a legit 2nd line for one shift when the red head got put on it. All a sudden Jost is moving his feet, Kerf is winning puck battles and they score. Colin Wilson should not be on that second line as he hurts it more than he helps and I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

member 116861

That second line did nothing offensively. Get it in. Attempt to cycle. Get bodied. Puck goes out. Thats all that seemed to happen to them all night. They werent a liability defensively but you expect your second line to create more than a few scoring chances. They looked like a legit 2nd line for one shift when the red head got put on it. All a sudden Jost is moving his feet, Kerf is winning puck battles and they score. Colin Wilson should not be on that second line as he hurts it more than he helps and I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

Captain average in his hustle too

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Wilson has hustle, speed and physicality but he handles the puck like a grenade and plays the game without creativity. Good on him for scoring key goals but it's time to downgrade him, I think we all agree.

Edit: I think he hustles well and causes some havoc in front of the net. Just doesn't have the hands or a shot.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wilson has hustle, speed and physicality but he handles the puck like a grenade and plays the game without creativity. Good on him for scoring key goals but it's time to downgrade him, I think we all agree.

Edit: I think he hustles well and causes some havoc in front of the net. Just doesn't have the hands or a shot.

I'd like to see him with Soda, Soda's played his best hockey with more physical players.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
He basically touched the puck and followed it around the boards, with Radulov having the inside edge. On that play, from my POV, everyone else was to blame more than EJ. A forward should have watched Benn. Someone should have stopped the pass to Benn as well, although Girard was basically where he should have been.

Rads was behind him putting the pressure on. EJ should know better than to lazily touch the puck forward while having a persistent forechecker like Rads on his ass. I would have preferred him putting the brakes on and shielding the puck into the corner while Rants came down from the half wall for the assist. It was a weak sauce play from EJ but again, he made up for it later on.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I mean if you're expecting 2nd line production it's setting yourself up for disappointment. It's a work in progress, and it's loads better than where we were 10 games ago. I agree Wilson shouldn't be on the 2nd line, but sadly he's the 5th highest forward in points (mainly due to injuries, but point remains). I don't have a huge issue of Bednar giving Wilson a few more games as he had a few games where he looked good, but no doubt the frat line will be better and should be kept together moving forward.

Saying that 2nd line was very bad is a ridiculous take though for this game.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
MacKinnon deserved it, the puck didn't touch Landy.

Yeah I found it being awarded to Landy strange too. It never really looked like the puck touched him to begin with. That said, I'm not too flustered with either MacK or Landy getting the A there.

Reactions: BrickAHL

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I mean if you're expecting 2nd line production it's setting yourself up for disappointment. It's a work in progress, and it's loads better than where we were 10 games ago. I agree Wilson shouldn't be on the 2nd line, but sadly he's the 5th highest forward in points (mainly due to injuries, but point remains). I don't have a huge issue of Bednar giving Wilson a few more games as he had a few games where he looked good, but no doubt the frat line will be better and should be kept together moving forward.

Saying that 2nd line was very bad is a ridiculous take though for this game.
They were bad for much of the game offensively. I guess our expectations for what a second line should bring defer's. They werent creating much of anything tonight and I stand by it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
They were bad for much of the game offensively. I guess our expectations for what a second line should bring defer's. They werent creating much of anything tonight and I stand by it.

They were bad for a 2nd line offensively league-wide, I agree.

However, considering the shambles of what our 2nd line has been this season, I personally have tempered my expectation as I can count on one hand when our 2nd line has been better than today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad