GDT: GAME XXII - Stars at Avalanche: Exhaustion

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Re-watched Dallas 2nd goal. EJ never had possession, someone should've covered Benn and didn't.

EJ had a great game in the end.

He had the first touch on the puck in the corner and essentially coughed the puck up to the Dallas forechecker. Nevertheless, dude made up for it and then some later on after that.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
NCAA line should get a chance to stick together. It’s different now with Kerfoot being a much more mature player, Jost having developed his two-way game, and JTC turning into such a confident finisher.

Soda and Wilson can play a heavier game on the 3rd line with Nieto or something.
Kamenev has earned a shot in the top 9 imo more than Nieto or Wilson lately.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
That was an exciting game, but I was a bit angry after they gave up the lead. Dallas was jacking the sh!t out of our players most of the third period, including a wild stick swing by Khudobin that caught an Avs forward. Refs had put their whistles away, and in the end it made for a great finish. Gotta capitalize on scoring chances, and man would I love to see Kam switched with Wilson on the PP

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's the way he needs to play, he was way less effective last year after all the injuries since he came back so passive

Yeah Buzz saw is way more effective, and his shot seems dialed in that tiny bit it needed to be. He also looks stronger on his skates this year through traffic. The kid has all the talent to be a 25/25 type of 2nd/3rd line RW.

Mitchgou

Nov 14, 2018
Good win from the boys at home, seeing Z jumping on the bench after the goal just made my night, he want to play here. Varly with the big save at the end plus landy froze the loose puck with his glove at the end was key. Also take that dallas scrubs.

Reactions: OMackDuch and crue7

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
EJ still made the wrong play on that goal. He had a teammate coming for the reverse, and should have made that play. Instead he turned right into Radulov.

He basically touched the puck and followed it around the boards, with Radulov having the inside edge. On that play, from my POV, everyone else was to blame more than EJ. A forward should have watched Benn. Someone should have stopped the pass to Benn as well, although Girard was basically where he should have been.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
They removed Colin Wilson off it and put an actual player there and it worked. Go figure. Before that shift that line was not good and you know it.

It wasn't good, but it was wasn't terrible like you were suggesting either.

Anyways, this is what i'd like to see:

Landy - Mack - Rants
Jost-Kerfoot-Compher
Nieto-Soda-Kam
Calvert-Dries-Wilson
'Ghetto

Play the 4th line for under 10 minutes a game and were golden.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad