GDT: GAME XXII - Stars at Avalanche: Exhaustion

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%2Fgiant-yawn.gif

COLORADO AVALANCHE

vs.

DALLAS STARS

but first

A NICE AFTERNOON NAP

SharpWideKinkajou-small.gif

TIME: 7pm MST...if everyone is awake
PLACE: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
hqdefault.jpg

PREVIEW:
The Colorado Avalanchezzzzz...wh-what? Oh, sorry. *ahem* The Colorado Avalanche head home after sweeping their recent three-game road trip to face off against the Dallas Stars. Both teams will be *yaaaaawwwwnnnn*...excuse me...playing the second of back-to-backs.

30348-2__06799.1429311677.500.750.jpg

AVALANCHE LINEUP (subject to change)
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Jost - Kerfoot - Wilson
Calvert - Soderberg - Dries
Nieto - Kamenev - SLAYER OF PENALTIES

Girard - Johnson
Cole - Barrie
Zadorov - Nemeth

Varlamov

tenor.gif

STARS LINEUP (also subject to change)
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
The Roop - Spezza - Shore
Nichushkin - Faksa - Pitlick
Janmark - Dickinson - Lake Como

Lindell - Heiskanen
Bayreuther - Polak
Hanley - Fedun (Who and who....???)

Khudobin (they're not gonna start Bow, are they?)

KEYS TO THE GAME

Stay awake
Kill All Penalties. KILL THEM ALL!!!!
Make sure Lil' Sammy gets plenty of sleep...after the game. I hear singing helps.

Attachments

• 2ncd3d.jpg
    2ncd3d.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 8

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Neither team has an excuse, they both should be tired, and Dallas also had to travel for this one.

But to be honest I'd much rather see a back-to-back than long gaps between games. That's a way bigger momentum killer IMO.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Both teams are on a back-to-back. The Avs are usually good at home, Dallas pretty meh on the road. They are missing their 1D & 1G and we are healthy. We are rollin right now, they are pretty inconsistent.

Yeah, if we show up we should win this one.

Reactions: 5280

Mitchgou

Nov 14, 2018
I'll be at the game tonight! Me and my 10 invitees will do our best to be the loudest ones there. I always wanted to turn Pepsi Center into a student section :DD

Nice!!! one day i will go to see them, last time i saw avs playing it was against Hartford heh.

If avs win tonight again we will be in such a good position, guy can hope.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Expecting another 5 goal game from the Avs with Khudobin in net and no Klingberg on the blue line.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Lookin' forward to seeing Miro.

Ugh what could have been... Another Avs W here would be huge. This is the one back to back where I actually feel a bit confident we can win since Dallas is also playing its second game in two nights.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Bishop is injured. Dallas on a b2b with travel. I have a good feeling about this game. The Avs need to be rock solid at home, and they know it. Tons of home games coming up.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Neither team has an excuse, they both should be tired, and Dallas also had to travel for this one.

But to be honest I'd much rather see a back-to-back than long gaps between games. That's a way bigger momentum killer IMO.

Long breaks are killer for the Avs, they forget how to play hockey for about hand full of games after long gaps. Hope they dont have many more of those. I guess they'll still have that stupid mandatory 5 day break that every team needs to have

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Long breaks are killer for the Avs, they forget how to play hockey for about hand full of games after long gaps. Hope they dont have many more of those. I guess they'll still have that stupid mandatory 5 day break that every team needs to have

It does that to almost every team, every sport. It was a long break in between series that derailed the 2007 Rockies in the World Series (I mean, they still might have lost but they woulda put up more of a fight at least) and it absolutely did in the St. Louis Blues in 2001 when they swept the Stars and had to wait for the Avs to finish off the Kings. Getting overworked is still preferable to getting thrown out of the regular rhythm and routing you get as a player. That's why the back-to-back/long break/back-to-back was so horrible. It somehow managed to create the worst of both worlds.

The only thing advantageous about a long break is that you get to heal up from injuries.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is how it should be with all back to backs. No team should have to play a back to back while the other is rested IMO. One of the dumbest things about the schedule IMO. Also would it be that difficult for them to matchup two teams coming off of long breaks too if the NHLPA is insistent on these longer sections of off days?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad