GDT: GAME XXII - Stars at Avalanche: Exhaustion

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Jost Kerfoot JTC forming a decent second line?

If Soda Ghetto and Kamenev are in the bottom six there is some decent skill there. Even Wilson isn't that bad as a third liner.

Reactions: 5280

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That was fun to watch in the third.

- Varly looked good tonight. Cant fault him on any of the goals. All is good between the pipes again.

- I know EJ had that turn over that lead to the Benn goal but I thought he had a tremendous game overall.

- Mackinnon was a man possessed tonight and deserved more than one goal had it not been for Khudobin. Mackinnon tormenting Heiskenen all night was also kinda fun to watch.

- Wilson gets removed from the second line and it was immediate dividends. JTC with a clutch Chris Drury type performance.

- Mikko with another clutch play. What more can be said of Mikko at this point? He was fairly quiet for his standards and then all a sudden he busted the game open.

- The Avs put themselves in the position they did by not scoring on the multitude of chances they had earlier. After Mikko and Landy missed that tap in pass from Barrie I thought for sure it was gonna be one of those night.

- Girard did not have a strong game tonight and his play has taken a dip of late. His puck rushing and puck moving still good but teams are forechecking him heavy and hard and its causing problems.

- For much of the game the scariest Star player was Blake Comeau. I thought for sure he would f*** with me again.

- There is zero need for Colin Wilson on the top PP and on the second line. Period.

- Liked Kamenevs board play tonight. Had a shift where he wouldnt give up on the play and retrieved the puck 3 times. Solid.

- I feel sorry for Soderberg. I dont know how that guy puts up with it.

- Im ok not seeing Sheldon Dries here for awhile. Glad he got his two goals but I want Ghetto back.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I could see some good things come out of a Soda, Wilson, and Andrighetto line

Yeah if Wilson is bumped I think it makes sense even in Bednar's head to bump Neato out and either put Wilson with Kam or Soda, and give Ghetto the other spot as the shooter.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Love our depth. If we could just replace Calvert with a true stud, and get Makar in the lineup, we'd be really great.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
NCAA line should get a chance to stick together. It’s different now with Kerfoot being a much more mature player, Jost having developed his two-way game, and JTC turning into such a confident finisher.

Soda and Wilson can play a heavier game on the 3rd line with Nieto or something.

member 116861

Was. I'd put that first goal against on Soda, not G. Lost the faceoff then lost his man to the net.

It was just one play though. Unless you're arguing that Kerfoot was the 4th best forward tonight.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Re-watched Dallas 2nd goal. EJ never had possession, someone should've covered Benn and didn't.

EJ had a great game in the end.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I get EJ turned that puck over, but remember three Avs were staring at Seguin with their backs turned to Benn wide open. At any rate, good on EJ to come back from that in a big way.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This team is so fun. Never gave up even after things tilted in the Stars favour for a few minutes. Avs definitely earned those two points.

What a call by Bednar to put Compher out there with Jost and Kerfoot. All three of those guys were possessed on the shift they tied the game. Hopefully that's a line that sticks going forward.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That was fun to watch in the third.

- Varly looked good tonight. Cant fault him on any of the goals. All is good between the pipes again.

- I know EJ had that turn over that lead to the Benn goal but I thought he had a tremendous game overall.

- Mackinnon was a man possessed tonight and deserved more than one goal had it not been for Khudobin. Mackinnon tormenting Heiskenen all night was also kinda fun to watch.

- Wilson gets removed from the second line and it was immediate dividends. JTC with a clutch Chris Drury type performance.

- Mikko with another clutch play. What more can be said of Mikko at this point? He was fairly quiet for his standards and then all a sudden he busted the game open.

- The Avs put themselves in the position they did by not scoring on the multitude of chances they had earlier. After Mikko and Landy missed that tap in pass from Barrie I thought for sure it was gonna be one of those night.

- Girard did not have a strong game tonight and his play has taken a dip of late. His puck rushing and puck moving still good but teams are forechecking him heavy and hard and its causing problems.

- For much of the game the scariest Star player was Blake Comeau. I thought for sure he would **** with me again.

- There is zero need for Colin Wilson on the top PP and on the second line. Period.

- Liked Kamenevs board play tonight. Had a shift where he wouldnt give up on the play and retrieved the puck 3 times. Solid.

- I feel sorry for Soderberg. I dont know how that guy puts up with it.

- Im ok not seeing Sheldon Dries here for awhile. Glad he got his two goals but I want Ghetto back.

I think EJ being shaky lately has put even more pressure on Girard, and for what that kid has gone up against this year it's impressive.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I was hoping for the Compher bump before the game. Didn't take long. He had 1 or 2 shifts where he had a hard time, but played good overall.

Rantanen is unstoppable. Could have had 6 points tonight if we capitalized on 1/4 of our chances.

Good to see the team celebrating hard again like last year.

Dallas isn't nearly as good as the score made it seem. Their goalie was the 1st star of the night IMO.

Would like to see Kamenev on PP1 over Wilson. Wilson played hard and had some chances, good game overall.

Johnson made a few terrible plays and saved a couple goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad