GDT: Game Three SCF B's vs. Hawks - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Sharp has been great- hope we have a hot night Wednesday and bad ice again

While I agree in general. Bad ice helps the slower team. It did take away two golden scoring chances from us. Daugavins should have had a 2 on 1, but the puck just stopped when he pushed it forward and took himself offsides. Also, Marchand's breakaway. Was bouncing like a superball. If you kids don't know what they are, ask your dad.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Working from home and watching Sportscenter because you can only watch the same edition of NHL Tonight so many times.

IS ESPN aware that the NBA is not the only sport in their Finals right now?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This whole playoff push has been one heck of a ride. Its got Disney movie written all over it.

Someone call up Kurt Russell and tell him he may need to shave his hair a bit. The role of Claude Julien is knocking down his door.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The thing with these Hawks is they can turn it on at any point, theyre a dangerous group with lots of weapons. I hope the Bruins can keep the foot on the gas and put them away as quick as possible.

Toews certainly seems frustrated, I wonder if the physical play is getting to him..?

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
I think this goes back to 2004-2005 lockout and ESPN opting out of the contract with the NHL. I remember after that lockout, ESPN wouldn't even show highlights from games, they'd just run scores at the bottom.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The thing with these Hawks is they can turn it on at any point, theyre a dangerous group with lots of weapons. I hope the Bruins can keep the foot on the gas and put them away as quick as possible.

Toews certainly seems frustrated, I wonder if the physical play is getting to him..?

I think they are done.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Two great choices right there ^

And Sean Penn wouldn't have to put in any effort to play Marchand at all, they're so much alike :p:

Sean Penn, the woman beater, who tied Madonna to a chair, held her captive and assaulted her?

I don't see the connection except they both have big noses.

Hugh Jackman with his Wolverine hair, and facial hair is clearly Jagr. But if Jagr played himself it be funny.

Our magical run is def becoming a movie. Let's hope for a happy ending. I can't wait for Wednesday.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The movie would be terrible, sure the near collapse turned ridicu-comeback would be very dramatic, but after that it would be pure domination and basically no drama at all. Can't have the big climatic moment 18 minutes into a 2 hour movie :)

seriously, Rask doesn't catch a rut against NYR, Hawks don't get a double deflection in game 1....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sean Penn, the woman beater, who tied Madonna to a chair, held her captive and assaulted her?

I don't see the connection except they both have big noses.

Hugh Jackman with his Wolverine hair, and facial hair is clearly Jagr. But if Jagr played himself it be funny.

Our magical run is def becoming a movie. Let's hope for a happy ending. I can't wait for Wednesday.

IMO they are both annoying, irritating punks, Penn by far & away being the bigger of the two. Not sure about the Madonna thing- if that did happen he ought to have been sent to jail for a long time.

bruinsbeer

May 17, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Working from home and watching Sportscenter because you can only watch the same edition of NHL Tonight so many times.

I complain about that too, but beware of what you wish for.

When they have talked about the Cup finals, they have said

"The Boston goalie played out of his mind"...he has a name, it's Tuukka Rask

"The puck went off the guy's foot and into the net"...he also has a name, it's Andrew Ference.

When they were showing Bruins/Penguins highlights they had the Chicago/LA logos in the screen

It's just pathetic. Aside from what John Buccigross steals from others on twitter, they don't really have much worthwhile content.

So be careful what you wish for. They should stick to 10 clips of street thugs with neck tattoos dunking a basketball for their top 10

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I get that thinking but the Hawks came back from a 3-1 hole to Detroit, I'd hate for them to get any momentum. Too much can happen when a team thinks it has a chance.

Down 2-1 in Cup Final, Hawks aren’t worried, but maybe they should be — these aren’t the Flyers

:( I love Sargent. Besides, he was totally a Bruins fan

vScAP6U.jpg

:laugh: THAT is awesome!

4 times. that's how many times you can watch it in my experience.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
I am having more fun than in '11.

I am not looking past the Hawks, two enormously difficult wins to go, but it is just a fact, in '11 I was stressed until Bergy's shorty late in the 2nd period of game 7 to make it 3-0.....

But winning it all in '11, and then the manner in which we have won this year, (everything feeling like gravy for the entire Rags series after "The Comeback"), has just been a lot more enjoyable.

2 more wins boys! You can do it!

What's ESPN?

No doubt, I gave up on those chicklit sucking ba$t@rds a long time ago. It seem like the rating keep telling he story and major sports markets are ignoring the writing on the wall.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
OMG, I love Bergy more than the law allows.

from puckdaddy
Patrice Bergeron, considered the best faceoff man in hockey, was 24-of-28 in the dot. Dave Bolland and Michal Handzus – two of the Blackhawks’ faceoff aces – were a combined 1-for-18.

“Definitely something that we take a lot of pride in and we talk about a lot, and we have some really good centermen. It’s not just about the four centers. It’s about everyone on the ice chipping in and helping to win those battles,†said Bergeron.

so perfect. so humble. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad