GDT: Game Three SCF B's vs. Hawks - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
I think we have come a long way from the fatal demise we suffered at the hands of Philly, that said giving the cup away after being up 2to Chicago I don't believe will happen. Chicago is a great team and an original six franchise at that. Underestimation of Philly caused the first demise, underestimating Chicago not gonna happen. Last night up 2-0 with 3minutes left we ground them down and didn't give n inch. Expect that in the series. Bruins in 5

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
A few thoughts.

I thought the bruins played really well and braced themselves when the hawks brought pressure.

Rask is just solid, end of story. Lucky at the end, but not sure Chicago could have gotten another by him.

I think the dog man is nervous out there which is weird for an NHL player. But I did think merlot had a few really good shifts in the 2nd and 3rd.

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but it seems like toews is favouring the wrist. Doubt he sits. He's a warrior like most of the bruins. But yes, he is getting frustrated.

I think the bruins will need to get the first goal Wednesday and really plant the seed of doubt.

And of course Pie. What can you say ? He's awesome. On quite a roll.

It's weird though, unlike TP I am not scared. I am just happy to be watching my team play for the cup. Way different than 2011. Maybe the bite has something to do with it. :rant::handclap:

I think Chara planted more than doubt at the end of the game with that scrum/fight buried Bickle.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The thing that has concerned me with Chicago is that they are so good at causing turnovers. A lot of times I think the Bruins will clear the defensive zone but it doesn't get out.

But as the series goes on I think it will be a case of "there is no rest for the weary". Game tomorrow..(June 19) Game Saturday (June 22) *edit* . It should be very difficult for Chicago to reproduce something like the first period of Game 2.

As it stands right now that 1st period to 2nd period of Game 2 is the turning point as the NBC guys were saying. Over the last 5 periods plus the overtime Boston has been the better team.

Last edited:

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Pittsburgh was mentally weak when the chips were down. Chicago's players are mentally tougher. I don't see that sense of resignation in Chicago's players that was clear for all to see in those of Pit. A one-game lead is nothing over a team as good as the Hawks. That being said, our worst enemy is ourselves. If we play at our best for 60 and maintain that focus we had in game 3 then I feel great about our chances to win the Cup. Our best is better then their best because our defense/goaltending is better. Their advantage on offense is meaningless if they cannot get the puck into the net.

I think in Games 1 and 2 Pittsburgh was weak with adversity but Games 3 and 4 were a different story. Pittsburgh seemed to get stronger as the series wore on...that is a big team and I was relieved when the B's swept...because if they didn't win Game 4 I thought it would be a 6 or 7 game series.

I don't think Chicago will quit but I think they're getting physically worn out. And I'll tell you that's just as bad! I used to run cross-country....and your brain can keep telling your legs to go....and you think you're going fast because you are pushing as hard as you can but you look around and realize that you're just at a jogging pace. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sharp has been great- hope we have a hot night Wednesday and bad ice again

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Big HF night last night....saw Ference the Finger, TP, and Ladyfan. Good crew. :nod:

Nightslyr

Mar 26, 2002
NH
I love Claude's approach to the playoffs. There is no such thing as momentum. You have to earn a win each game. Very Belichickian.

hotweaselsoup

Mountain That Glides
Apr 4, 2008
Central MA
in my eyes, anything you do to improve Sargent is good.

:( I love Sargent. Besides, he was totally a Bruins fan

vScAP6U.jpg

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
One thing I will give props to-when the Bruins were shutting down the Pens the Pens with the help of the media kept talking a out not finding their game without giving much credit to the Bruins.

Hawks players at least say Bsoton is a good team with a good defense and they have to find a way to get behind it. Media still seems hung up on what the Hawks are doing wrong but Hawks seem to realize they have to make adjustments to find a way in.

And I think Toews is hurt-I realize the Bruins can often make players look invisible but Toews has been mostly invisible the whole playoffs. He also is looking frustrated and I think Julien is sending the KHL line out there to frustrate him even more.

Bruins IMO are playing some of the best team defense I have ever seen them play (I think it is better than the 2011 cup run). I just wish they would do a little more to minimize the turnovers-the ice though was probably a factor last night for both teams.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
A few big symbolic moments in the game. Boychuk smacking Kane....Lucic trucking Toews...Chara tossing bodies around.

All good signs....and the Bergeron line did a lot of good work in the offensive zone with Keith and Seabrook on the ice.

If the Bruins continue to bring the physical play in Game 4 it should be that much more effective. It has a cumulative effect and there's nowhere to run or hide on that Garden ice. Chicago should play better but I think the Bruins will outlast them. By the time Game 5 and 6 (if necessary :)) come along hopefully it will be a ragged bunch for Chicago.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I really think that Chicago is a great team and despite a real clinic that the B's put on last night, I'm too wary of a distinct possibility that Chicago can take the series. They will play desperate the next game to tie that series and if B's can take that game, I'd want to have the handshakes on Saturday.

I also don't want Chicago to play any better - honestly, if they could all forget how to skate by tomorrow, I'd be a happy camper.

This a hundred times over.

Hawks are good and they can and have found ways to win and come back from a deficit.

Games 1 and 2 I thought the Hawks played well-they looked fairly bad last night though, but they know how to win and can make adjustments and come back to beat us. Stealing that game in Chicago I think was key because I think the Hawks will likely find a way to win games.

Unlike the Pens they seem to understand that they have to adjust and find a way to expose our defense-they don't view the Bruins as just getting lucky.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
This team is Kryptonite. Makes all NHL superstars look ordinary.

Messed up to think that out of the stars we have faced so far Kessel, Nash, Richards, Neal, Malkin, Crosby, Iginla, Letang, Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Kessel has done by far the best against us. :laugh:

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Him and Seabrook have been good.

Agreed, though several Hawks fans on their board seem to hate Seabrook. I've also thought Frolik and Kruger have been pretty solid. I always liked Hjarlmsson (pretty sure I butchered that) a lot, but he's been pretty sub par this series.

Rosival is better than I thought he was as well. If I were a Hawks fan I'd be about done with Bolland given his play thus far this series. He's been awful.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
D&C playing the "who would you cast as Bruin's players" game:

Jason Statham as Sides...

Spot on.

looch looks just like this actor from a skateboard movie I somehow started watching last month. the movie was lords of dogtown i think.

Ill find a pic of the actor.
found one.
victor rasuk
victor-rasuk.jpg

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Agreed, though several Hawks fans on their board seem to hate Seabrook. I've also thought Frolik and Kruger have been pretty solid. I always liked Hjarlmsson (pretty sure I butchered that) a lot, but he's been pretty sub par this series.

Rosival is better than I thought he was as well. If I were a Hawks fan I'd be about done with Bolland given his play thus far this series. He's been awful.

Hammer is a guy who likes to play a simple game I think and does well with physical play. Lucic though has him looking as though he needs therapy though. Man has the LKH line done a job ruining him this series- it's like watching Matt Hunwick right after he was back from surgery and was afraid of getting crushed every hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad