GDT: Game Three SCF B's vs. Hawks - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Boston's physicality is absolutely making a difference right now too. And Chicago in general seems to be tired. I guess you can blame that on the Garden ice but you gotta think that they are getting worn down as the series goes on. Whereas the Bruins look just fine at least to my eyes.

It's the curse of the President's trophy. Winning streaks during the regular season sure are nice, but winning the Cup is the final goal. Bruins have the correct game plan for their particular team. Can't play good Bruins type hockey for 82 games or even a tightly condensed 48 game schedule. Instead, play enough good games to stay at or near the top of your division, try to limit big injuries, and keep enough in the tank for a good playoff run.

After 2011, teams started trying to emulate our physical style by picking up fighters/goons/big guys. Wonder if anyone will want to dominate the regular season for long long stretches if it means nothing in the playoffs?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I know what Marchand is saying, but just for the record, technically, eye-gouging is actually not part of the game. :)

... and if it was, they should include it in the All-Star Game skills competition. That and Embellishment.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
First, you guys will have a pretty hard time with my french accent...Then, I will NEVER become a B's fan. But it would be neat to indeed come and visit and be surrounded by "friendly" enemies during a Habs vs Boston game.

My wife and I have a female friend near Boston who's actually a doctor at Harvard but she resides in South Dartmouth. So at one point, we will visit her and maybe I'll stop by and will indeed try to catch a game in Boston. Been to Boston once when I was really young, used to be in a boy's choir and had the pleasure in sleeping one night in a home of people who also had boys in choirs and were really nice. Don't remember their names but were really nice people. So I might never be a Bruins fan....but I love your city, that's for sure.

Well if you do visit for a game be sure to let us know. You are my favorite Hab's fan.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
In NHL Playoff history in +/-, 6 current Bruins current players (Chara, Lucic, Horton, Krejci, Bergeron, Jagr) are in the top 20. Chara is in 7th, Looch 8th and the others just behind. Only other current NHL players in the top 30 are Zetterberg, Chris Pronger, Datsyuk, Franzen. Oh fun fact, Adam McQuaid is +18 in the playoffs to Gretzky's +17 lol. :p:

Edit: McQuaid is +12 to Gretzky's +11. My mistake.

i knew something was wrong here.

Wayne...friggin...Gretzky in not now, nor was he ever, 199th in career playoff +/-.

He is in 4th place all time -

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leaders/plus_minus_career_p.html

The NHL site you referenced before does NOT include his plus/minus from 1980 - 1987. I seem to remember he had some success with the oilers in those years.

Although Looch and Chara are the highest Bruins, tied at 18th place with 39.

God this was driving me crazy. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad