GDT: Game Three SCF B's vs. Hawks - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I'm going to miss the game - will be on the plane returning from a business trip. Really hoping that we will be done earlier in the day to take an earlier flight. Alternatively, a three hour delay would work also. :help:

Get a plane with wifi and watch an online feed.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Thats what happens when you have a team stay together for a while. They grow together.

I don't think it is just that they have been together a long time but that the Bruins focus 100% on the team concept-there are no stars and everyone is expected to play their part.

Just look at how Jagr has fit in and his comments about the team. I think Mrejci's comments a out Crosby and Malkin being super stars but the Bruins having a team is something that he said sincerely but also something that I think the players say and buy into in the locker room.

I read a really good article on Stanley Cup of Chowder about the Ranger's jacket they are using and it also drives home the team concept.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He did assistant coach them to a cup in 92, so I can understand why he is a Pens fan.

Also on TEAM1040 they are talking about who you would rather have, Subban, Karlsson, Chara, ect.

]They went on to say how the Norris is getting away from all around defenseman to offensive defenseman, a big wow from a Vancouver radio station.

In the non goalie category Chara is the most valuable player.

I agree.

I agree this is what is happening. The NHL ought to establish the Paul Coffey Trophy for the best offensive defenseman and leave the Norris Trophy for best all around defender. I mean, Mike freaking Green and PK freaking Subban are Norris winners? Please.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I agree this is what is happening. The NHL ought to establish the Paul Coffey Trophy for the best offensive defenseman and leave the Norris Trophy for best all around defender. I mean, Mike freaking Green and PK freaking Subban are Norris winners? Please.

Green never won, but he was nominated which is shameful enough

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
*Channeling Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally*- Yes! Yes! Yeessssss!!!!

I mean really. What does the kid have to do to get some props???? :dunno:

I'll have what she's having.

I had NHL network on last night in the background when I got home and he was getting quite a bit of love from the panel.

It's the nature of this whole team though. If we're looking for validation from people outside of the fan base and the region, we won't get it. Just no flashy names....

...and I'm okay with that. Even better, I think the Bruins are okay with that. They're more than okay with it....they embrace it.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER

Yeah, the Norris Trophy is becoming a farce and it is really starting to bug me.

I think the trophy has strayed for a few reasons - firstly, there is no longer a clear cut superstar all around d-men in the league. By this I mean of Bourque and Lidstrom calibre. Sure Weber, Suter are fantastic, but they don't come close to these two IMO.

Looking back, all of these players that won are either elite or had elite seasons.

1990–91 Ray Bourque
1991–92 Brian Leetch
1992–93 Chris Chelios
1993–94 Ray Bourque
1994–95 Paul Coffey
1995–96 Chris Chelios
1996–97 Brian Leetch
1997–98 Rob Blake
1998–99 Al MacInnis
1999–2000 Chris Pronger
2000–01 Nicklas Lidstrom
2001–02 Nicklas Lidstrom
2002–03 Nicklas Lidstrom
2003–04 Scott Niedermayer 1
2005–06 Nicklas Lidstrom
2006–07 Nicklas Lidstrom
2007–08 Nicklas Lidstrom
2008–09 Zdeno Chara
2009–10 Duncan Keith
2010–11 Nicklas Lidstrom
2011–12 Erik Karlsson
2012–13 P.K. Subban

Today writers are forced to pick a defenseman that stands out because there is no one dman that does absolutely everything great. What we would call stud d-men today usually are great on O or D and are pretty good, at the other

So which dmen stand out - tho ones who put up points.

The trophy is broken, the NHL must realize this. One trophy for O one for D should be implimented immediately.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I'll have what she's having.

I had NHL network on last night in the background when I got home and he was getting quite a bit of love from the panel.

It's the nature of this whole team though. If we're looking for validation from people outside of the fan base and the region, we won't get it. Just no flashy names....

...and I'm okay with that. Even better, I think the Bruins are okay with that. They're more than okay with it....they embrace it.

Ya, I don't really think they give a **** about it. I know I don't, as long as they win, it's all that matters anyway.

Getting their names on that trophy is all the credit they need.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Just got in from the game. Unreal. It hurts a bit that they could be up 3-0 but **** it.

If it makes you feel better.. if the Bruins won game 1, there's no guarantee that they would have won game 2 or game 3 for that matter. Coaches would adjust differently.. players would play the following game different.. perhaps enough to score more than they did in the reality that we're living right now.

For all we know, if the Bruins won game 1, the Blackhawks could have ended up winning the following 2 games.

Butterfly effect and whatnot.

BrickChick25

Sep 29, 2011
220px-Jon_Heder_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
8471276.jpg

220px-Justin_Long_TIFF_2011.jpg
bos_g_chris-kelly_mb_200.jpg

Long time reader, first time poster... but I had to chime in with this:

thornton_shawn250x300-2.jpg

matt-damon.jpg

Not only do they look alike, but Matt Damon is the epitome of the Boston grit that Shawn brings to this team.

GO BRUINS!

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I have to say.. I really think Joel Quenneville(sp?) is starting to over coach in this series.

Granted he had to deal with losing Hossa last night but it seems like once a period Pierre or Olcyzk mentions that he changed up the lines again to adjust to Boston.

Boston's physicality is absolutely making a difference right now too. And Chicago in general seems to be tired. I guess you can blame that on the Garden ice but you gotta think that they are getting worn down as the series goes on. Whereas the Bruins look just fine at least to my eyes.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yeah, the Norris Trophy is becoming a farce and it is really starting to bug me.

I think the trophy has strayed for a few reasons - firstly, there is no longer a clear cut superstar all around d-men in the league. By this I mean of Bourque and Lidstrom calibre. Sure Weber, Suter are fantastic, but they don't come close to these two IMO.

Looking back, all of these players that won are either elite or had elite seasons.

1990–91 Ray Bourque
1991–92 Brian Leetch
1992–93 Chris Chelios
1993–94 Ray Bourque
1994–95 Paul Coffey
1995–96 Chris Chelios
1996–97 Brian Leetch
1997–98 Rob Blake
1998–99 Al MacInnis
1999–2000 Chris Pronger
2000–01 Nicklas Lidstrom
2001–02 Nicklas Lidstrom
2002–03 Nicklas Lidstrom
2003–04 Scott Niedermayer 1
2005–06 Nicklas Lidstrom
2006–07 Nicklas Lidstrom
2007–08 Nicklas Lidstrom
2008–09 Zdeno Chara
2009–10 Duncan Keith
2010–11 Nicklas Lidstrom
2011–12 Erik Karlsson
2012–13 P.K. Subban

Today writers are forced to pick a defenseman that stands out because there is no one dman that does absolutely everything great. What we would call stud d-men today usually are great on O or D and are pretty good, at the other

So which dmen stand out - tho ones who put up points.

The trophy is broken, the NHL must realize this. One trophy for O one for D should be implimented immediately.

Spot freaking on. :handclap::handclap:

I don't think it wouldn't be unprecedented either- IIRC didn't the NHL come out with the Maurice Richard Trophy in order to separate the best scorer from the all around MVP who gets the Hart Trophy?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
In NHL Playoff history in +/-, 6 current Bruins current players (Chara, Lucic, Horton, Krejci, Bergeron, Jagr) are in the top 20. Chara is in 7th, Looch 8th and the others just behind. Only other current NHL players in the top 30 are Zetterberg, Chris Pronger, Datsyuk, Franzen. Oh fun fact, Adam McQuaid is +18 in the playoffs to Gretzky's +17 lol. :p:

Edit: McQuaid is +12 to Gretzky's +11. My mistake.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
In NHL Playoff history in +/-, 6 current Bruins current players (Chara, Lucic, Horton, Krejci, Bergeron, Jagr) are in the top 20. Chara is in 7th, Looch 8th and the others just behind. Only other current NHL players in the top 30 are Zetterberg, Chris Pronger, Datsyuk, Franzen. Oh fun fact, Adam McQuaid is +18 in the playoffs to Gretzky's +17 lol. :p:

Edit: McQuaid is +12 to Gretzky's +11. My mistake.

not be a wise a$$ but i need clarification because i honestly don't understand what this is. Gretzky is +12 in what, a playoff run, playoff season,...what?

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I watched csnne post game live after the game and recorded Nesn postgame, they usually have great video highlights CSN does not get, but last night they were dreadfull Commercial break for 2 min followed by a 30 second heres whats comming up then anther 2 minute commercial break it was pathetic they did it 4 times in an hour, there was more commercial time than Highlights very dissapointed in what they did do not watch nesn's postgame anymore pathetic effort.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Z was pissed off right from the pre game skate when he fell....really pissed.

Shaw is a puke (punching Marcgy while he was down). He wil get paid back from that little cheap stuff.

Bergy was so pissed off at the Refs. I don't know what set him off. I haven't read through all of the GDT so it might be in here.

I just love these guys. :D

Regarding Bergy, late in the game he and Kane were battling for the puck and it went off a stick and over the glass. The ref was going to call delay of game on Bergeron and that's what set him off (correctly, as the replay showed it went off Kane's stick). The officials all huddled and decided it wasn't a delay and the faceoff should be outside the Boston zone.

Funny, Justin Bourne cited that incident in a Backhand Shelf blog post today as an example of Bergeron's sterling reputation influencing the officials. As in "wow, Bergeron NEVER complains, so there must be something to this." (I'd link the post but I'm on my phone.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino