TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Why didn't Jamie just snap Brans neck before pushing him off the tower? Why leave any room for the chance he might survive?

I think the idea was to make it look as though Bran had simply fallen to his death

Snapping his neck may have provided evidence that the fall isn't what killed him

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
ugh i hate how dany treats jorah after the pardon letter. like does she forget everything he has done for her blehhh

like he was there originally to spy on her but changed and was a massive part in her getting where she is and not being dead. unreal stuff

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I literally made one in the post you quoted.

What you countered with was so vague that no one could tell what you were referring to, specifically, much less challenge you on it.

Also I am under no obligation to "counter" an argument in the first placr if I believe it is to be ridiculous.

You may not be obligated to provide a counter, but, if you're going to say something particularly critical, I think that you should. That's just a good principle to have, IMO, which, after all, is the choice to act a certain way even though you're under no obligation to. In contrast, ridiculing arguments and walking away without really explaining your disagreement because you have that little respect for them seems conceited, immature and a little cowardly, to be perfectly honest. It takes more modesty, maturity and bravery to stand and offer a respectful argument in spite of having strong disagreement and even though someone else may challenge you on it. No, you're under no obligation to act that way, but discussion is better and more enjoyable when people to do that instead of going around putting down others' arguments, IMO.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What you countered with was so vague that no one could tell what you were referring to, specifically, much less challenge you on it.
This is just incorrect and ridiculous. I quoted someone directly arguing about a specific scene, and stated my agreement with the perspective I quoted. Come on.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I understand they could have waited for him, it was how quickly it all happened that I take issue with. It took Bran how many months to get back to the wall ? It took Arya how long to get to Winterfell after meeting Hot Pie ? etc.

Also, why would they even have to wait for him ? He's in Dorne, which means he's in Westros. Why not just go to Dragonstone from there ?

Because they needed him to get to Westeros...

So why didn't the Karstark fellow use his sword to kill Jaime when he was being choked? He even had his sword in hand, whereas Brienne would've had to unsheathe hers. The reason being that when you're being choked, your instinct is to use both hands to grab at whatever is choking you.

Jaime kills Karstark at 6:20

Jaime could've killed Brienne in the same fashion at 1:35

He loses his sword, yes he didnt have to but thats on him. Brienne would have the opportunity to draw hers if needed, twice in fact, but imo Brienne would easily overpower him anyway so it never bothered me

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He loses his sword, yes he didnt have to but thats on him. Brienne would have the opportunity to draw hers if needed, twice in fact, but imo Brienne would easily overpower him anyway so it never bothered me

Panic sets in immediately. Unconsciousness soon follows

So what exactly is it you think Brienne would do to "overpower" Jaime if he wraps that chain around her neck, pulls her to the ground, and chokes her like he did to Karstark?

Size and strength can be neutralized with position and technique:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

So what exactly is it you think Brienne would do to "overpower" Jaime if he wraps that chain around her neck, pulls her to the ground, and chokes her like he did to Karstark?

Brienne is a elite warrior, not a fat red neck. Unless you are saying it is impossible to get out of a choke hold. Unconsciousness sets in when you run out of oxygen, hold your breath and see how long you have

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Brienne is a elite warrior, not a fat red neck. Unless you are saying it is impossible to get out of a choke hold. Unconsciousness sets in when you run out of oxygen, hold your breath and see how long you have

How does having elite level sword skills qualify Brienne to get out of a choke hold?

And yes, it's pretty much impossible to get out of a choke hold when someone has your back

Depending on where the pressure is applied to the neck, it can cut off the blood flow to the brain rendering the victim unconscious in a matter of seconds

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Man, how many movies have you seen where somebody fights out of getting choked out?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Also, the thing about Jaime escaping or not escaping from Brienne is that she was literally taking him where he wanted to go. He had half a mind to run and half to stay with her. I really think questioning why he didn't choke her on the raft is missing the point.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Does nobody notice that during this time she has her back turned he is talking up how much better of a sword fighter he is and is trying to goad her into setting him loose and letting him fight her face to face?

It's not just about getting away from his captor but doing the thing he seems to love the most: killing people through swordplay. This is demonstrated when he tricks Brienne and gets one of her swords, smiling and giddy at the opportunity to fight her in one on one combat (and starts by playfully feeling her out because he is so confident he will best her easily).

Characterization is important, here.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Re watching again...

Jon Snow just said his night watch vows.

He broke just about every one of them. haha

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Nope. When Jaime is with Brienne, his wrists are shackled to his waist making it impossible for him to strangle her.

Nice catch!

However, during the fight with Brienne it appears there's quite a bit of slack to that chain, so it's tough to say one way or the other whether he could've pulled off the choke

Last edited:

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Re watching again...

Jon Snow just said his night watch vows.

He broke just about every one of them. haha

But he never broke the most important vow, to never use the word "zig" or "zag" during any battle scene. Way to go Jon!

Reactions: TP

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
doing my rewatch

bronn, davos, varys, and the viper are the best characters imo

but olenna is next level. the true GOAT

fantastic list. I'd probably add Arya, she's had a dozen badass moments.

The Viper was fantastic, if I still played D&D I'd model a character after him

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
*record scratch*
4Rsfwbg.jpg

"You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation..."

Reactions: HanSolo

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
fantastic list. I'd probably add Arya, she's had a dozen badass moments.

The Viper was fantastic, if I still played D&D I'd model a character after him

i just dont like the whole many faced thing, so it made me not really like arya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad