TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There you go again, ridiculing people's arguments, but stopping short of actually making a counter argument that could be challenged and require you to defend.
I literally made one in the post you quoted.

Human beings make flawed decisions. They make dumb decisions. They make mistakes under duress.

Sam was afraid, felt abandoned, and with his nature as a coward did something you could see a frightened cowardly boy do. To focus on that one scene is a nitpick to a major degree.

Rickon was also afraid, likely mentally/physically tormented before he was let loose. He was desperate to get to Jon. He was under extreme duress. And in the end if he was trying to dodge the arrows do you think he actually gets away, or do you think Ramsay just has his archers let loose a volley of arrows that will hit him regardless? Again, a nitpick.

How much detail should I provide for you to call it a "counter argument"? Also I am under no obligation to "counter" an argument in the first placr if I believe it is to be ridiculous.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
They only set sail BECAUSE Varys got to Mereen after visiting the Queen of Thorns and the Sand Snakes

I mean come on...

If Jaime attacks Brienne she would either overpower him easily or just you know...use your sword to stab him

As for the River, if Jaime did manage not to drown with his hands still bound in iron they could just travel down stream to capture him. Brienne even mocks his attempt to escape down river

So why didn't the Karstark fellow use his sword to kill Jaime when he was being choked? He even had his sword in hand, whereas Brienne would've had to unsheathe hers. The reason being that when you're being choked, your instinct is to use both hands to grab at whatever is choking you.

Jaime kills Karstark at 6:20

Jaime could've killed Brienne in the same fashion at 1:35

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I don't know if it was ever promised as much as it was speculated.
I am pretty sure they explicitly teased or stated there would be multiple movie-length episodes.

I mean, three is multiple, so there is that. Still don't think it is enough time to adequately conclude the series with all that has been set up, but we will see.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The running zig-zag argument is such BS. First of all, we're talking about a kid who is what, maybe 8 years old at best? Rickon has no f***ing clue what he's doing. He's just trying to cover as much ground and as fast as he can because he's running for his f***ing life - away from the enemy who has a huge army behind him, the guy who has captured and tortured him, who has taunted and possibly destroyed his family and who took his home Winterfell - towards his brother (a symbol of safety and protection).

Second, again, as a 8 yo even if he was running zig-zag, what's his top speed? Plus, how much mobility and flexibility does he have? He can't just unpredictably cut corners left and right like a bunny. Neither Usain Bolt nor Rickon on the fastest racing horse in Westeros could have fooled Ramsay there. A good bowman, like Ramsay arguably is as a hobby hunter with nobleman training, would have hit him with ease. And if not, Ramsay had hundred+ archers with him. The kid was dead either way.

Last edited:

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Ugly as sin, but great style.

I think Hollywood makes us think the average person is more attractive than IRL. Brienne and Lysa Arryan get played off as ugly but put them in a room with 100 regular people and they are probably above average attractive :laugh:

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
My feeling on Ramsey and that shot from that range was a great shot on a fixed target with a long bow ,a moving target was an incredible shot,and center mass. That was an amazing shot and very difficult even for a skilled archer like Ramsey.

It was a good shot. Ramsey doens't come across as a super skilled warrior but in general there are plenty of archers throughout history who could have made that shot. Bows are really accurate if you put the time in to master them.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
My biggest gripe was with the whole setup of the archery scene. Seems far too risky to release your hostage just that you can kill him in a showboating way like that. The chances of a missed shot and loss of your hostage are quite high. I guess it fits Ramsay's character, so it's ok on that part, but it felt kind of forced and unrealistic. Of course there's the zigzag-complaint, but Rickon is a kid whose desperate to reach safety and probably not thinking straight at that point. It's all plausible in the end.

Sam's WW scene felt a bit odd because the Walker just ignored him, but it's quite reasonable to think he just didn't consider him a threat and therefore "unworthy" to even waste energy on. Like mentioned, it was established in episode 1 that the Walkers don't necessarily kill every human they encounter (good catch whoever thought of that).

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I think Hollywood makes us think the average person is more attractive than IRL. Brienne and Lysa Arryan get played off as ugly but put them in a room with 100 regular people and they are probably above average attractive :laugh:

A long long time ago they called the actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, "Hollywood ugly".

Dawn Wells - Wikipedia

If I knew how to embed a pic I would.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The scene where Jaime kills his cousin was poorly thought out

Jaime just needed him to play dead, not actually be dead

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
The scene where Jaime kills his cousin was poorly thought out

Jaime just needed him to play dead, not actually be dead
CoWZ05t.gif