TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
They speak Skroth. I imagine the NK can speak Old Tongue since he's one of The First Men.

If he's as powerful as I assume shouldn't he be able to speak the common tongue? Like I get the other WW couldn't but he's basically the three eyed ravens equal.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Season 5 was pretty bad. So many meandering storylines without strong substance behind them. I did think season 6 was a decent improvement but didn't quite hit season 4's level

Imo it's been S1>S2>S4>S6>S7>S3>S5. I've rewatched the seasons a number of times and I've soured on season 3 a fair bit. Might be a controversial take but I just feel now that it was a pretty unremarkable season outside of the Red Wedding.

For some reason when I rewatched Season 3 I liked it more. Still hard to be interested in the North's storyline and the torture of Theon is just blah, but overall I really enjoy King's Landing, Brienne and Jaime, the Brotherhood... Season 2 is still my favourite though, then probably 4.

Also people need to remember that Arya KNOWS Sansa wants to usurp Jon, she knows when people lie and she made that abundantly clear in the you are thinking it now scene

So instead of having to rely on the characters development, including here one of the main protagonists of the show, we have to accept that the almost emotionless terminator is not only the greatest ninja of the land, she can also know everything about people. Fantastic.

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
So Tyrion mentioned an heir to Dany, Jorah advised Jon to pass down Longclaw onto his children, and Dany told Jon that she's incapable of bearing children...

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I feel, hope, we hear the night king talk, possibly the last scene of the season. He speaks his first words after watching the wall fall

Also people need to remember that Arya KNOWS Sansa wants to usurp Jon, she knows when people lie and she made that abundantly clear in the you are thinking it now scene

Ahh, so that's what she meant. I wasn't sure.

By the way, the "invitation to Winterfell"... no one has talked about that yet. Is there any chance this is a LF tactic?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So Tyrion mentioned an heir to Dany, Jorah advised Jon to pass down Longclaw onto his children, and Dany told Jon that she's incapable of bearing children...

Yea we discussed this earlier in the thread, clearly Daenerys is going to get pregnant at some point.:laugh:

I think Jorah could tell Jon and Daenerys like each other and that he wasn't just telling Jon to keep the sword, he wants Daenerys' children to have it as well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For some reason when I rewatched Season 3 I liked it more. Still hard to be interested in the North's storyline and the torture of Theon is just blah, but overall I really enjoy King's Landing, Brienne and Jaime, the Brotherhood... Season 2 is still my favourite though, then probably 4.

Well every season has good moments. Even season 5 has good moments, they're just more forgettable than most. I don't know. I just feel like season 3 is a significant dip from season 2 in quality then it comes back up in season 4 then dips again in 5.

3 was just meh. Yeah there was some good discourse and some excellent scenes, I mean Brienne and Jamie in the bath was in my opinion a top 10-15 scene in the show. Or at least top conversation. But it just falls flat to me overall. Not as flat as season 5 but it's not a whole lot better in my eyes.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
The one thing I can say about this show is that it's music is really, really good.

The music when the WW show up or when Dany rides in on Drogon is really well composed.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
For one thing, if he could pick off a dragon with pinpoint accuracy from that distance while it flies, on his first try, couldn't he have done that to Jon by now in their few meetings? But he hasn't.

The first time he saw Jon was at Hardholme and I think they like to evoke fear, which is why he let Jon and the others row away. They let the ranger in the first episode live for example.

I would like to think he saves his spears for things like Giants and Dragons.

My take on trying to make sense of it all.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Tormund can't be a member of the kingsguard, he is going to marry Brienne and breed giants to conquer the world with.

The Lightning Lord and The Hound as Jon's Kingsguard. Tormund and Brienne creating the scariest children on the planet is destined. I have a feeling my man Beric isn't long for this world though.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Yea we discussed this earlier in the thread, clearly Daenerys is going to get pregnant at some point.:laugh:

I think Jorah could tell Jon and Daenerys like each other and that he wasn't just telling Jon to keep the sword, he wants Daenerys' children to have it as well.

Jon is also the first man that Jorah actually thinks is good enough to marry Daenerys.

I wonder how long Dany was waiting by Jon's bedside. She's probably been crying about her dragon while he was asleep.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The one thing I can say about this show is that it's music is really, really good.

The music when the WW show up or when Dany rides in on Drogon is really well composed.

I have the opening piano track from last year's season finale on a few playlists.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
People realize it's 1000 miles+ from Eastwatch to KL? Guess Ravens never have to stop flying?

Also, if they were 15km from the Wall, they would probably STILL be able to see the Wall and also be in the haunted forest and south of Craster's Keep, if I'm not mistaken.

Guys need to look at a map.

Hard to believe that was and hour long episode, not much happened. I guess they needed Vis to turn into a Wight Dragon and that was what they came up with?

We don't know how long between Gendry reaching the wall and the next scene of the squad north of the wall. It was long enough for the lake to freeze back over and get thick enough for the dead to cross and a man to freeze and die. I assume it was possible it was a week of being surrounded and marooned on that island from Gendry reaching the wall to the Thoros death scene + Dany leaving to finally the Hound throwing stones.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Well every season has good moments. Even season 5 has good moments, they're just more forgettable than most. I don't know. I just feel like season 3 is a significant dip from season 2 in quality then it comes back up in season 4 then dips again in 5.

3 was just meh. Yeah there was some good discourse and some excellent scenes, I mean Brienne and Jamie in the bath was in my opinion a top 10-15 scene in the show. Or at least top conversation. But it just falls flat to me overall. Not as flat as season 5 but it's not a whole lot better in my eyes.

It does work more in terms of scenes, probably because of how slow the story is, but so many of them worked that I almost forgot that almost all of my favourite moments are from that season. Brienne/Jaime is my favourite scene period, then there's Tyrion and Sansa's wedding, The Hound fighting Beric, Brienne and Jaime with Roose, Daenerys betraying the Unsullied's masters, Tywin bossing everyone and especially his children... There's a lot of high points for me still.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Jon is also the first man that Jorah actually thinks is good enough to marry Daenerys.

I wonder how long Dany was waiting by Jon's bedside. She's probably been crying about her dragon while he was asleep.

Yup, Jorah clearly respects and admires Jon and believes it's a good match. He thought she was slumming it with Daario.

She looked like she had been crying.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
On second viewing, there was some excellent dialogue and story building banter between characters in the first half, even with Sansa and Arya, who's scenes were much better to watch the second time around.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I was thinking to myself with the Jorah/Jon scene how much it concerned me that Jon wasn't going to have much impact on the show being stuck at Castle Black and wouldn't meet anyone important. Now he's meeting like everyone.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I was thinking to myself with the Jorah/Jon scene how much it concerned me that Jon wasn't going to have much impact on the show being stuck at Castle Black and wouldn't meet anyone important. Now he's meeting like everyone.

I wasn't a Jon fan early on because I didn't see what his story had to do with anyone else. Obviously that changed as the seasons progressed and I realized we were spending a ton of time with this guy for a reason.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yup, Jorah clearly respects and admires Jon and believes it's a good match. He thought she was slumming it with Daario.

She looked like she had been crying.

Jorah and Jon's talk was like a father/future son in law convo. It was awesome.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Jorah and Jon's talk was like a father/future son in law convo. It was awesome.

He loves her obviously, but he's probably the only father figure she has ever had. He's been advising and protecting her from episode 1, except for his exile of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad