Pre-Game Talk: Game Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why tf are we not going 11-7 with Bouch in the lineup, clearly that’s our best possible lineup we can ice.

I like how no one points out the mistakes that Bouchard made in his last game since he is a rookie and he's going through a learning experience...

This is a Dman who will be amazing NEXT SEASON. Accept it

Reactions: Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Kassian not looking ready to play certainly didn't help that line. Neal is a liability in 2 of 3 zones. He's a half-decent fore-checker and carries the threat of a guy who can finish, but I'm not sure he's a positive in the lineup. It's a tough call with some of these bottom 6 wingers.

Nygard played really well before he got banged up, and also looked good in the game he got in garbage time. He plays simple north-south hockey, has some speed and wins races most of the time down low.

I think the thought behind Neal in the lineup is hoping that a bottom 6er can get a big goal at some point or find some scoring touch. After last night it's apparent that it's just a bad idea when he's such a liability all over the ice. My ass puckered whenever that line was on the ice last night and you just can't have a line that is that much of a risk when games are being played tight like this in the playoffs.

Give me a 4th line that routinely gets it out and in then changes. Any line with a Neal/Kassian combo can't do that.

Reactions: JayE

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We should just roll Drai-McDavid-Pulju as the top line.

Didn’t Kahun-Nuge-Yamo look decent at some point when they were together?

This game is absolutely massive, I still think we’re the better team and carried the play for most of the game after the first 10 minutes of the 1st.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Tyson Barrie needs to stop pinching as much versus a team that enjoys scoring off the rush.

Dave Tippett needs to realize his plan for low-event is in danger when Barrie does that. For the good Barrie can do, Nurse and Barrie were all sorts of sloppy yesterday.

FYI Terry Jones tweeted that the Oilers received vaccine shots THIS week. It actually may explain last night's game a bit better for some players. If it happened today, might see some players tomorrow with issues too.

That was DUMB if true wow.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tyson Barrie needs to stop pinching as much versus a team that enjoys scoring off the rush.

Dave Tippett needs to realize his plan for low-event is in danger when Barrie does that. For the good Barrie can do, Nurse and Barrie were all sorts of sloppy yesterday.

FYI Terry Jones tweeted that the Oilers received vaccine shots THIS week. It actually may explain last night's game a bit better for some players. If it happened today, might see some players tomorrow with issues too.

Interesting, didn’t know that. I got my vaccine last Friday (Moderna) and I’ve felt quite a bit of fatigue since then.

Even almost a week later still don’t have the energy I usually do.

Reactions: Apathetic

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Interesting, didn’t know that. I got my vaccine last Friday (Moderna) and I’ve felt quite a bit of fatigue since then.

It took me at least 2 weeks to get a decent amount of energy back after I got my vaccine. Of course there's no rest for the wicked so work had to be done, kids taken to sports, etc. while I felt overly tired.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
How on earth is Barrie Sandin? He lead the goddamn league in scoring by a Dman. What did Sandin get? Grow up seriously. Oiler fans are the most childish fans I've seen

I was referring to bouchard. Sandin getting an opportunity to play but bouchard sits. Had nothing to do with Barrie. Grow up seriously, thanks.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I like how no one points out the mistakes that Bouchard made in his last game since he is a rookie and he's going through a learning experience...

This is a Dman who will be amazing NEXT SEASON. Accept it

I swear every time Bouchard plays, it's Koskinen in net.

The amount of times Mike Smith has saved Barrie or even Nurse's bottom this year is through the roof but nobody remembers because you tend to only remember the goals. Koskinen has let in some real stinkers when Bouchard is in the lineup. He's not mistake free, but we let Barrie get off scot-free for making just as many or more. Some would say "due to his offense" - well Bouchard's offense has been pretty great when he plays.

Last night, the Barrie whiff led to a 3on1 that Scheifele fired high. Nurse's ring-around the rink caused another 3v1 and a nice save by Smith. But we let it go. What about that Barrie pinch that led to an odd man break?

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Toronto doing Toronto things in the playoffs. Losing

upload_2021-5-20_20-24-43.gif

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
What are you talking about??? RNH and Yam played great with Leon. How didn't you see the chances on the cycle they created? Were you blinded by something?

I agree with the Kassian thing but the RNH is flat out ridiculous. People in Edmonton need to get a grip.
One of the worst 5 on 5 players on the team, but hey he looked good...

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sit Kassian. He's done.

Sit KooKoo

Play Laggeson

Get Shore in

3rd line of Neal - Archibald and Khaira

embellish to create powerplays

Quick one touch passes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I've heard a couple people who got Moderna say the same thing.

I got the Pfizer and my shoulder was sore the next day and I felt sick, and then 2 days after my shot I felt 100% again.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've heard a couple people who got Moderna say the same thing.

I got the Pfizer and my shoulder was sore the next day and I felt sick, and then 2 days after my shot I felt 100% again.

I've heard the same from people that have taken Pfizer and Moderna and experienced the same thing with the J&J vaccine. You usually hear of people that it didn't bother at all and others it kicked the crap out of them and then of course in-between both.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

That being said, after I got my Moderna shot I felt like a million bucks. I've felt better post vaccine than I have in like a year prior, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00