Pre-Game Talk: Game Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Tyson Barrie needs to stop pinching as much versus a team that enjoys scoring off the rush.

Dave Tippett needs to realize his plan for low-event is in danger when Barrie does that. For the good Barrie can do, Nurse and Barrie were all sorts of sloppy yesterday.

FYI Terry Jones tweeted that the Oilers received vaccine shots THIS week. It actually may explain last night's game a bit better for some players. If it happened today, might see some players tomorrow with issues too.

Reactions: yukoner88

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Bear out for Bouchard would probably be an improvement.

If Smith is injured...oh boy.

Really don't like those lines. That second line isn't going to get anything done with Nuge at center, so Puljujarvi is wasted there. If they want to run only one line with a chance, then give that one line tour 3 best guys
Puljujarvi will do better away from McDavid since he will be the one carrying the puck through neutral zone.
Drai will do better with McDavid. It was pretty much the only time he looked good last game.
Yama I have no faith in and would prefer McLeod in top 6 instead.

RNH-McLeod-Pulju

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If the Oilers do stack the McD/Drai line, it puts pressure on Puljujarvi to carry the 2nd line.

But what about Nuge? I can't say I believe him him to do so right now.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If the Oilers do stack the McD/Drai line, it puts pressure on Puljujarvi to carry the 2nd line.

But what about Nuge? I can't say I believe him him to do so right now.

Put Nuge with 5'10 176lb Josh Archibald for protection.

Or maybe we could get Nuge a 10 foot long stick so he can more safely reach in for pucks.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Or maybe we could get Nuge a 10 foot long stick so he can more safely reach in for pucks.
xR6MEzz.jpg

Reactions: Mez

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Changing the lines seems pretty short-sighted. The forwards were okay yesterday, Tippet should've left them alone. Hopefully he'll go back to them quickly if things aren't going our way early.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Bouch fans deflated!
Bouchard coming in and Bear coming out would be bad, even for Bouchard. Seriously, do we really think a Dman that young will come in and push the play the right way? As good as McLeod has been, his ice time has been limited for good reason. Tippett has been protecting young players. If they would be given full responsibility, there would be a loud group of fans calling them busts when they make the inevitable mistake. I'm just looking at the pattern league-wide for Dmen of his tier.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don't really get breaking up three of the four lines. The Draisaitl and Khaira lines pretty soundly outplayed their opposition and the McDavid line scored. McLeod's line played sparingly, but gave up essentially nothing while generating one golden chance.

The McLeod line's general incompetence was a major factor on the first goal against. The classic Neal turnover via mishandled puck, Kassian running across the ice out of position to hit someone and McLeod being caught in between.

I was cautiously optimistic about that line coming in, but I should have deferred to my cautious side. Neal and Kassian should never, under any circumstances play on the same line together. They are equally stupid positionally and with the puck and have zero ability to defend after they inevitably turn it over.

Put Nygard in for Neal at minimum to add some speed and forechecking ability. I'd maybe give Kassian one more game to wake the f*** up before dumping him too. Would consider Haas for McLeod, but that one isn't as important.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Team looked a little tentative in the first period, better in the 2nd, and a little flat in the 3rd. Lots of not so good offensive plays when they got near the net. I think the rust will be shaken off now, and we'll see some more precision playmaking. I wouldn't make any lineup changes.The Jets are trying to run us out of the building and we don't need to start taking beef out of the lineup.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The McLeod line's general incompetence was a major factor on the first goal against. The classic Neal turnover via mishandled puck, Kassian running across the ice out of position to hit someone and McLeod being caught in between.

I was cautiously optimistic about that line coming in, but I should have deferred to my cautious side. Neal and Kassian should never, under any circumstances play on the same line together. They are equally stupid positionally and with the puck and have zero ability to defend after they inevitably turn it over.

Put Nygard in for Neal at minimum to add some speed and forechecking ability. I'd maybe give Kassian one more game to wake the f*** up before dumping him too. Would consider Haas for McLeod, but that one isn't as important.
I like McLeods skating ability, but, really, he's not doing a whole lot out there. Needs to get way more physical and engaged, and join the party.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hopefully Kassian and Neal are out. Get Haas and Ennis back in.
No to Haas please. We've already got one center who likely brings us zero offense in McLeod. Haas is another guy who's completely allergic to points.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No to Haas please. We've already got one center who likely brings us zero offense in McLeod. Haas is another guy who's completely allergic to points.
Need more speed and Kassian/Neal bring zero offense anyways.

Reactions: Dieseloil

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Draisaitl-McDavid-Yamamoto
Kahun-RNH-Puljujarvi
Ennis-Khaira-Archibald
Haas-McLeod-Chiasson

Kassian can gtfo

Reactions: brentashton

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The only time Kassian is engaged outside of Calgary games is when 29-97-44 are a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad