Pre-Game Talk: Game Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
If Pulju plays like he did yesterday again he is good enough to carry his own line. We're gonna have to hope so, because you know Kahun and Nuge aren't going to create their own offense.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
The McLeod line's general incompetence was a major factor on the first goal against. The classic Neal turnover via mishandled puck, Kassian running across the ice out of position to hit someone and McLeod being caught in between.

I was cautiously optimistic about that line coming in, but I should have deferred to my cautious side. Neal and Kassian should never, under any circumstances play on the same line together. They are equally stupid positionally and with the puck and have zero ability to defend after they inevitably turn it over.

Put Nygard in for Neal at minimum to add some speed and forechecking ability. I'd maybe give Kassian one more game to wake the f*** up before dumping him too. Would consider Haas for McLeod, but that one isn't as important.

Kassian not looking ready to play certainly didn't help that line. Neal is a liability in 2 of 3 zones. He's a half-decent fore-checker and carries the threat of a guy who can finish, but I'm not sure he's a positive in the lineup. It's a tough call with some of these bottom 6 wingers.

Reactions: K1984

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The pressure on McDavid and Draisatl right now is f***ing ridiculous.

RNH playing like he doesn't give a shit because he will get paid regardless and Kassian is home and cooled.

Still pissed at Holland that he didn't bring in one forward. Imagine what a Bennett type would do for this group right now...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM will bounce back. They didn't play bad and worked hard but they def looked quite passive most of the game. Passive in terms of not making it difficult for their goalie. Have to get more pucks through and crash the net more. Get chippy in front of him. But the team has problems with depth scoring (obviously) and it's true that if McDavid and Drai are held off the score sheet it's pretty much a W. Holland needs to address this in the off season. This series probably goes the distance though so buckle up.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
xR6MEzz.jpg
Nuge was using this stick last night. Maybe he does need a longer handle.

Broom_300x.jpg

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Bro. It was a 1 goal game until the dying minutes because of empty net goals.

Why is everyone acting like the jets dominated us?

They have a pretty good goalie.

Yeah reading the post game thread I was confused too. That's a 60/40 game where the Oilers probably had the better of chances. I believe grade A chances were 9-7 for the Oilers. Helle stood tall and played well and they got a bounce and that's what ultimately decided the game.

I think we're disappointed because we know we can do better than that. But I don't question whether the effort was there. That was a poorly officiated game whose pace was slowed to a halt by both teams adapting and clutching, hooking, and grabbing into oblivion. That certainly benefits the Jets though....

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Ya'll are a bunch of doomers. You think every cup winner wins every single game? Cringe. Close game that we could have won but we lost, big f***ing deal. Possibly 6 more to go.
So far, I think only Tampa has won the second game after winning the first.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
The next game Kassian plays better be in Seattle.
Yup. He was awful. I’d forgive the fumbling of the puck a little due to rust but he showed zero heart as well. No life even when we were done to send a bit of a message.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
For the love of god please put in another puck moving defenseman that can actually do something in the offensive zone. It baffles me that Mclellan I mean Tippett would start scratching Jones around the time he started to turn his season around 180. The bottom 6 is irrelevant when there isn't a dman on the ice that is capable of being a shooting threat from the point. Bouchard made lines 3 and 4 way more dangerous consistently during his last game because he actually rips pucks towards the net when those lines do a bunch of cycling work instead of what guys like Larsson/4K/Kulikove do which is just throw it back into the corners and make the forwards waste another 20-30 seconds cycling again. Maybe someone can tell Tippett to not jump the gun and let his team gain possession if they wind up down 1 in the final 2 minutes.

Reactions: Duke74 and 5 14 6 1

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

RNH playing like he doesn't give a shit because he will get paid regardless and Kassian is home and cooled.

Still pissed at Holland that he didn't bring in one forward. Imagine what a Bennett type would do for this group right now...
Yeah we really need another winger.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I wouldn't mind seeing more Archibald. Love his energy. Seems like a prime candidate to find another gear and make a difference this series.

Not sure who I'd demote as of yet. I just think we need more guys playing with that edge.

It's (still) what I want Kassian to be again, but I'm not sure we'll ever see it from him.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Every time I see the leafs play I think that the oilers would be so much better off trying to play open offensive hockey rather than the boring trap style tippet is trying to institute.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Bro. It was a 1 goal game until the dying minutes because of empty net goals.

Why is everyone acting like the jets dominated us?

They have a pretty good goalie.

Jets didn't dominate squat. They got a lucky tip by a nobody player that was the winner on a nothing shot. Wow amazing. They dominated the tip department.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

What are you talking about??? RNH and Yam played great with Leon. How didn't you see the chances on the cycle they created? Were you blinded by something?

I agree with the Kassian thing but the RNH is flat out ridiculous. People in Edmonton need to get a grip.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
imagine the leafs giving sandin PP1 time in the playoffs but bouch sits

How on earth is Barrie Sandin? He lead the goddamn league in scoring by a Dman. What did Sandin get? Grow up seriously. Oiler fans are the most childish fans I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad