Pre-Game Talk: Game Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hopefully Kassian is removed from lineup. McDavid needs to be miles and miles better, as does Nurse. McDavid was still creating at least, although not at his normal levels. Nurse had one of the worst games I've seen from him all year, if not THE worst game.

Maybe a curse and blessing how big imoact McDavid Nd Nurse had. If they dont play well, edmonton is screwed

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Bear out for Bouchard would probably be an improvement.

If Smith is injured...oh boy.

Really don't like those lines. That second line isn't going to get anything done with Nuge at center, so Puljujarvi is wasted there. If they want to run only one line with a chance, then give that one line tour 3 best guys

So negative! Lets try Yam and Pulju together. Nuge is what he is. He is 2 way doable with a good shot. Probably he has concussion problems, otherwise its hard to explain his suddenly drop off

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
200.gif

You must have some secret insight into the GDT being created AS WE SPEAK!!!

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Huh? Bear was fine last night imo. Barrie was awful.
But yes, loading up on McDrai again is just stupid and reminiscent of McLellan.
The top 6 is fine as it was last night. The bottom 6 is the main issue. Ennis needs to be in over Kassian. And I'd take Shore in over Neal as well.

Ennis-McLeod-Archibald
Shore/Neal-Haas-Chiasson

Yes, thats the best lineup this team can ice, maybe theow in Nygård every seldom game for energy input. If oilers doesnt win, try harder next game, same lineup.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Need more intensity in game 2. The points in the game when we were hitting, we were dominant and the jets looked scared.

And for the love of G**, fix the ice in that arena! Why is it SO bad?!?!

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I see Tippett is full on panic now with his lines that have never been tried before. Reminds me of last year's play in.

And he clearly moved JP to the second to drive it because he knows RNH can't.

Reactions: KingKhron

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I see Tippett is full on panic now with his lines that have never been tried before. Reminds me of last year's play in.

And he clearly moved JP to the second to drive it because he knows RNH can't.
If only we had another center capable of driving his own line...

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
This one will tell us a lot about what kind of a team we have here.

They come out and run the Jets' shit, game 1 (the 3rd period in particular) is a distant memory. More of the same? It will be a short series.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’m fine with Mcdavid-Draisaitl together against the Jets, especially with the lack of penalties being called. They’ll be on the ice for almost 50% of the game and have owned the Jets. That leaves RNH with our 2 best wingers in Yamamoto and JP so hopefully that line can hold its own.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Hopefully he doesn't mess with the lines too much. The problem(s) last night weren't the forward groups. Of course, everything is relative and it would have been nice if some of that pressure panned out. But the most costly mistakes were on D.

Even with that said, they played pretty good after the first.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I don't really get breaking up three of the four lines. The Draisaitl and Khaira lines pretty soundly outplayed their opposition and the McDavid line scored. McLeod's line played sparingly, but gave up essentially nothing while generating one golden chance.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The Jets love to collapse defensively and leave the D open.

It'd be nice if we had a D-man who can shoot from the point or be able to find ways to get wristers through consistently. After all, Barrie getting his shot even near the net led to Puljujarvi's goal.

I wonder if we have that guy....hmmm....do we have a D-man who can do that....

Tippett: "Nope. We don't. Never heard of him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad