Pre-Game Talk: Game Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Not great timing?

I mean it would b awful if they tested positive or had a Canucks style setback with covid mid playoffs.

So not that bad of an idea.

true I just know a couple of people who got sick and were bed ridden after taking vaccine

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
We should just roll Drai-McDavid-Pulju as the top line.

Didn’t Kahun-Nuge-Yamo look decent at some point when they were together?

This game is absolutely massive, I still think we’re the better team and carried the play for most of the game after the first 10 minutes of the 1st.

Nuge is not a center anymore, he's hardly even a 5v5 winger right now

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
EDM will bounce back. They didn't play bad and worked hard but they def looked quite passive most of the game. Passive in terms of not making it difficult for their goalie. Have to get more pucks through and crash the net more. Get chippy in front of him. But the team has problems with depth scoring (obviously) and it's true that if McDavid and Drai are held off the score sheet it's pretty much a W. Holland needs to address this in the off season. This series probably goes the distance though so buckle up.

I actually thought they did a good job of that. Replays showed a few good tips, drai fought hard to throw a puck at the net in a spinning move...

Honestly, their goalie may have just gotten lucky on a few of those. Though he is without a doubt very good also.

I feel like with just a little more intensity the Oilers could dominate the Jets.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Based on WPG practice...

Ehlers still in a non-contact jersey, doubt we see him in game 2.

Dubois was practicing regularly. Bet we do see him in game 2.

As long as Ehlers is still sidelined. He's such a game breaker, and his zone entries are McDavid-esque.
Dubois didn't so do so well against Edmonton, would actually love to see him replace, hopefully Vesalienen or whatever his name is. He was a replacement but was one of their best players.

I'm more concerned about the guys on their taxi squad, just chomping on the bit to get inserted. They have everything to prove, and making a difference in the playoffs can change your whole career.
Similar to ours, guaranteed when Haas/Nygard/Turris/Bouchard get the call, due to injury or desperation, they'll stand out and dominate their match-ups

Reactions: Paralyzer008

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Man, seeing Bear have to pivot or move from standing still in the D-zone is pretty brutal.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think that it's really noticeable during play-offs when opposing forwards are fore checking at 110% with insane tenacity; if he doesn't have a Nurse to bail him out, it can get scary

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
That being said, after I got my Moderna shot I felt like a million bucks. I've felt better post vaccine than I have in like a year prior, honestly.

I didn't have too many issues with my vaccine myself - but my arm was pretty sore. If they got the vaccine on Tuesday, some players could have felt it on Wednesday for sure.

Then again, BOTH teams really kinda looked sluggish and the Oilers were the better sluggish team for many portions.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Man, seeing Bear have to pivot or move from standing still in the D-zone is pretty brutal.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think that it's really noticeable during play-offs when opposing forwards are fore checking at 110% with insane tenacity; if he doesn't have a Nurse to bail him out, it can get scary
He sucks in the D zone.. very important part of his position

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn't have too many issues with my vaccine myself - but my arm was pretty sore. If they got the vaccine on Tuesday, some players could have felt it on Wednesday for sure.

Then again, BOTH teams really kinda looked sluggish and the Oilers were the better sluggish team for many portions.

Leafs and the Oilers both got the shot on the weekend. Not sure about Winnipeg and Montreal.

People say wow, why didn't they get it earlier. They got it when it was opened up for them to get it. NHL clubs here made a decision not to jump lines, fwiw.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Leafs and the Oilers both got the shot on the weekend. Not sure about Winnipeg and Montreal.

People say wow, why didn't they get it earlier. They got it when it was opened up for them to get it. NHL clubs here made a decision not to jump lines, fwiw.

They all saw what happened with the Flames and the H1N1 skip of the line - don't want that again

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Is that pineapple on your pizza?
upload_2021-5-20_22-3-46.gif

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
Out: Khaira: tough to play the tough guy role when the other team has the book on your jello chin
Out: Neal: cement feet
out: McLeod: in over his head, not ready for playoffs

In: Shore: need a heavy edge
in: Haas, nygaard, hell i'd even throw Prussy in there.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Out: Khaira: tough to play the tough guy role when the other team has the book on your jello chin
Out: Neal: cement feet
out: McLeod: in over his head, not ready for playoffs

In: Shore: need a heavy edge
in: Haas, nygaard, hell i'd even throw Prussy in there.

Shore and haas should get a game

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I don’t get the McLeod is a black hole offensively stuff. He hasn’t exactly been playing with wingers that can put the puck in the net (Neal I guess, sort of, but he’s off and on now) and he had a better scoring chance than almost any other forward that wasn’t Puljujarvi. He’s not known for offense but he also got to play with the Condor’s best offensive guys and has played with mostly dead weight here. Give him some time and better wingers and he’ll start putting up points. He’ll be a 25 to 40 pt guy on the 3rd line depending on linemates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA