GDT: GAME #9: LEAFS vs BLUES | HNIC Sat, Oct 20 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | CBC, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
Why honor mediocrity.. Are we going to honor Unlce Leo too? While yes Bozak "tried" hard everynight, we still accomplished nothing (not saying it was all his fault)

We're not honouring the state of the team during his time here, we're honouring a guy for his almost decade long commitment to the franchise.

How would you like to be treated if you gave 9 years of your life to one organization?

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I'm fine with a quick tribute but I'm not sure why some people want him to get a couple of points tonight.

Reactions: Confucius

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why honor mediocrity.. Are we going to honor Unlce Leo too? While yes Bozak "tried" hard everynight, we still accomplished nothing (not saying it was all his fault)

Never liked TyBo myself but the same was said for JT (it is a team game). Unfortunately it took a long time for Leaf management to figure out that you can't win with TyBo as your #1C. He would have been loved more if he was our #3C.

Reactions: Confucius

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Boy are you guys in trouble tonight. Y'all might think your offense and team are pretty good right?

Tonight that all changes because you're going up against a monster that you've never seen before. A Mike Yeo led team trying to focus on offense at the expense of any sort of effective defensive system known to man.

But that's not all. If your group of superior forwards can somehow outplay our defenders who have seemingly forgotten how to play the sport of hockey, then is when the true challenge comes.

A staggering 6 foot 2. An imposing 197 lbs. A win defying goals against over 4. That's right. You've got to get by Jake The Snake Allen.

You see, you Leafs fans may think you're going to win.....BUT

us Blues fans? We KNOW you're going to.

Maybe do us a solid and keep it up under 9?

I spit out my coffee reading this. lmaooo

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

hnic-stl-at-tor-nsh-at-edm-blues-at-maple-leafs-predators-at-oilers.jpg

This should be fun night of hockey.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We need a humiliating loss over here, like 'Detroit destroying Roy' levels of beatdown culminating in a coach firing. So just score a lot and allow the Blues nothing. At the very least that sets up the Jets nicely to finish the job, so just do your part to help out your fellow 50+ year losers get a new coach.

We can do that. We need to keep sticking it to Willy.

Btw can we have Paryako?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Boy are you guys in trouble tonight. Y'all might think your offense and team are pretty good right?

Tonight that all changes because you're going up against a monster that you've never seen before. A Mike Yeo led team trying to focus on offense at the expense of any sort of effective defensive system known to man.

But that's not all. If your group of superior forwards can somehow outplay our defenders who have seemingly forgotten how to play the sport of hockey, then is when the true challenge comes.

A staggering 6 foot 2. An imposing 197 lbs. A win defying goals against over 4. That's right. You've got to get by Jake The Snake Allen.

Y’all use “y’all” up there in St Louis?
I seem to remember them making fun of me for using it.
I miss St Louis..well actually I only miss the Frank Opinion show and Bandana’s bbq sauces

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Gotta get back to basics here, were not a 2-1 grind team, we need speed and reckless abandon to force teams into playing skill games vs us.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Even saying he "tried" hard every night is a stretch. One of the lazier players of that era along with JVR and Kessel.

I can understand a short video during a commercial break because the guy did gut out 10 years here, but I definitely see your point.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Call me a shit disturber, but my video montage would be one unedited sequence of Bozie's line being hemmed in our end for an entire shift. That's my lasting memory.

Reactions: realgoodleafs

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Y’all use “y’all” up there in St Louis?
I seem to remember them making fun of me for using it.
I miss St Louis..well actually I only miss the Frank Opinion show and Bandana’s bbq sauces

I actually don't. I just used it for effect. I was kind of hoping somebody wouldn't read all of it and put me on blast and I was trying to give a little extra ammunition

Bandana's sounds good. Might have to get some now.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Call me a **** disturber, but my video montage would be one unedited sequence of Bozie's line being hemmed in our end for an entire shift. That's my lasting memory.

That’s the lasting memory for me as well, nice enough fellow, cute kid. Terribly cast in his role. A nice polite round of applause a little montage if you must. Wish him well and turn the page.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
That’s the lasting memory for me as well, nice enough fellow, cute kid. Terribly cast in his role. A nice polite round of applause a little montage if you must. Wish him well and turn the page.
Was really neat last year when he son was by the glass, he's a good guy and did do some decent things here, but addition by subtraction for me. Ditto JVR.

Reactions: garce

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

The leafs have had a couple pretty "meh" games this year already, it's certainly no foregone conclusion.

None the less I lol'd

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit

That's a strong jinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad