GDT: GAME #9: LEAFS vs BLUES | HNIC Sat, Oct 20 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | CBC, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
ahh. I hope Bozak gets a couple points but the leafs get the win.

Bozak, was a great loyal member for the leafs during his tenure. Came out of know where as a College Signing, with not much to expect he showed up with a smack. He was a true gentleman, with great sportsmanship. He did as was told, and had multiple great offensive seasons here in Toronto. He was a great person on and off the ice.

Even though the team doesn't need him, I miss this guy.

Here are a couple Bozak memories.

Beautiful first career goal, Skip to 0:24

This Beauty

And Lastly this goal in Ot against da caps.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think this team will be better on the road this season. There is a lot of pressure on them in Toronto, they look like they are squeezing their sticks a little in Toronto. On the road they looked a lot more loose, at least to me. It's early, however, I grant you that.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I remember three goals by Bozak.

His first in the league, vs. Philly I believe, what a beauty.

The shorty he scored in Boston, 2013 game 6

That OT goal in game 3 vs Washington two years ago.

Reactions: marty111

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I never liked Bozak. I thought he was always part of the problem. He was a guy that hung around for way too long because Nonis was a horrible GM. I don't care about him. I want to move on. We are in a much better spot with a lot more talented players.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I remember three goals by Bozak.

His first in the league, vs. Philly I believe, what a beauty.

The shorty he scored in Boston, 2013 game 6

That OT goal in game 3 vs Washington two years ago.

Yeah that goal vs Boston was my fave. Turned the game around and almost turned the series around.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Looks like Holl is the new Frankie Corrado.....

I was really hoping the guy would get a chance to swap in to at least a couple of games before settling on Oz, but it looks like it isn't going to happen.

member 300185

I must be the only guy in Canada that doesn't give a crap about Bozo.

I'm sorry guys, I just remember all the bad stuff about him. The poor defensive zone play that always led to a goal or two against us. I remember the uninterested, lazy back checking plays.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
I watched the blues play the habs earlier this week. They did not look good. Very sloppy, couldn't hit each other with simple passes. If they play like that again we should rip them apart.

Lot's of talent on that team though. If they show up, it'll be a battle

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Bozak had quite a career with the Leafs, he was undrafted and became the top center.
I hope they do give him a Video Tribute, he deserves it.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I must be the only guy in Canada that doesn't give a crap about Bozo.

I'm sorry guys, I just remember all the bad stuff about him. The poor defensive zone play that always led to a goal or two against us. I remember the uninterested, lazy back checking plays.

His farewell was superb. A great read. There was def some love he had for this city, plus the decade of being a leaf as well made this montage/tribute easy.

Whether you think he was good or bad, he deserves a "head nod" or " tip of the cap" .

Just because Leafs fortunes changed by a wave of talent doesnt supersede his respect.

P.s. im glad he is gone too. His game no longer suits leafs.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Looks like Holl is the new Frankie Corrado.....

I was really hoping the guy would get a chance to swap in to at least a couple of games before settling on Oz, but it looks like it isn't going to happen.

Again, why not see what you have there babcock? And yet it's so important Ennis doesn't sit too long

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
I used to care about keeping the score down, because I cared about the goalies and was invested in their success.

I don't give two caterpillar titties about Andersen. I know what he is - an average goalie that you will struggle to win with but you can win with him ala Antti Niemi when he was on Chicago.

I'm a bit more invested in Sparks though.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Mayne we bout to teach these fools a real lesson tonight mayne! Y'all gon see to this one. Bank on it guarantee on it. We already won and this game is over before it even started. We have the talent, the power, they don't. We have the freshness and fresh sky stars. League's best PP and all. These fools bout to learn the game tonight. We might even shut them out. We already won, but it's interesting to see if they even get a goal. We rock the nhl league and others follow. Others might be jelious, but don't be alarmed. Streets is talking and they want to be like us.

Danish

Dec 28, 2016
I used to care about keeping the score down, because I cared about the goalies and was invested in their success.

I don't give two caterpillar ******* about Andersen. I know what he is - an average goalie that you will struggle to win with but you can win with him ala Antti Niemi when he was on Chicago.

Golf is more your game then!! Becurse You No shit about hockey! So off 2 GFboards with you and say hello 2 zeke when you are There, you and him are worthless in enny hockey realetet topic

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Gameday: Blues at Leafs
Lance HornbyMore from Lance Hornby

Gameday: Blues at Leafs

7 P.M. Scotiabank Arena
TV: HNIC RADIO: Sportsnet 590
THE BIG MATCH-UP
RW Vladimir Tarasenko vs. D Morgan Rielly
First line flanker Tarasenko was top five in NHL shots on goal before Friday night, his 32 matching Toronto’s John Tavares. Also high in the league rankings are Rielly’s 18 blocks in addition to plenty of points, the same amount of stops as teammate and fellow blueliner Nikita Zaitsev.
KEYS TO THE GAME
GOAL TOLL

One quipster suggested the major Canadian sports networks would be playing funeral music on Friday as they had no Leaf goals to rave about after Pittsburgh blanked the Leafs. But Toronto had 38 shots and there’s little chance they’d be skunked back-to-back.
TY ONE ON
The Leafs will welcome back centre Tyler Bozak, who has one goal in six games with his new team and possibly pit him against Nazem Kadri, 0-for-8 in that department, but with four assists. Kadri’s match-up assignment might be moved around to other St. Louis centres.
FEELIN’ BLUE
This is one of the worst Octobers in Blues’ history, one win in six games and tough road challenges against the Leafs and conference rival Winnipeg before they head home. Coach Mike Yeo has been moving some forward groups around to find chemistry.
BREAK ON THROUGH
There was little room to skate or get second chances for the Leafs against Pittsburgh, which made the focus of Mike Babcock’s Friday practice quite easy. Auston Matthews, among others, should have his legs moving better Saturday.
ANDERSEN ANSWERS BELL
There hasn’t been much talk about another slow start by Frederik Andersen this October, with a 38-save performance on Friday bumping his percentage to .914. But anticipated Blues’ starter Jake Allen is 3-0-0 against Toronto with a .933 save percentage.
LEAFS GAME DAY LINES
LW C RW
Patrick Marleau Auston Matthews Kasperi Kapanen
Zach Hyman John Tavares Mitch Marner
Par Lindholm Nazem Kadri Connor Brown
A. Johnsson/T. Ennis Frederik Gauthier Josh Leivo
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Morgan Rielly Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner Nikita Zaitsev
Travis Dermott I. Ozhiganov/M. Marincin
GOALIES
Frederik Andersen
Garret Sparks
BLUES GAME DAY LINES
LW C RW
Jaden Schwartz Brayden Schenn Vladimir Tarasenko
Zachary Sanford Ryan O’Reilly David Perron
Patrick Maroon Tyler Bozak Alex Steen
Jordan Kyrou R. Thomas/S. Blais Ivan Barbashev
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Vince Dunn Alex Pietrangelo
Joel Edmundson Robert Bortuzzo
Colton Parayko Jordan Schmaltz
GOALIES
Jake Allen
Chad Johnson
SPECIAL TEAMS
POWER PLAY
Toronto 45% (1st)
St. Louis 32.1% (6th)
PENALTY KILLING
Toronto 81.0% (12th)
St. Louis 78.9% (15th)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Boy are you guys in trouble tonight. Y'all might think your offense and team are pretty good right?

Tonight that all changes because you're going up against a monster that you've never seen before. A Mike Yeo led team trying to focus on offense at the expense of any sort of effective defensive system known to man.

But that's not all. If your group of superior forwards can somehow outplay our defenders who have seemingly forgotten how to play the sport of hockey, then is when the true challenge comes.

A staggering 6 foot 2. An imposing 197 lbs. A win defying goals against over 4. That's right. You've got to get by Jake The Snake Allen.

You see, you Leafs fans may think you're going to win.....BUT

us Blues fans? We KNOW you're going to.

Maybe do us a solid and keep it up under 9?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

I don't give two caterpillar ******* about Andersen. I know what he is - an average goalie that you will struggle to win with but you can win with him ala Antti Niemi when he was on Chicago.

Yawn.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Boy are you guys in trouble tonight. Y'all might think your offense and team are pretty good right?

Tonight that all changes because you're going up against a monster that you've never seen before. A Mike Yeo led team trying to focus on offense at the expense of any sort of effective defensive system known to man.

But that's not all. If your group of superior forwards can somehow outplay our defenders who have seemingly forgotten how to play the sport of hockey, then is when the true challenge comes.

A staggering 6 foot 2. An imposing 197 lbs. A win defying goals against over 4. That's right. You've got to get by Jake The Snake Allen.

You see, you Leafs fans may think you're going to win.....BUT

us Blues fans? We KNOW you're going to.

Maybe do us a solid and keep it up under 9?

that post took me on an emotional rollercoaster... glad I read it all the way through before responding lol

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If the hockey ratings are dropping to the NFL Nascar, golf and duck hunting... yeah Bettman tells head of officiating to tilt the ice.

Ratings is $$$.

We have to put the game away cause if its close. The fix is in.

So is st louis a hockey town? No?
Well then were NEVER getting PP even if Hyman has a broken neck and marner is boarded into a concussion.

Ratings must go up for hockey!!! Give the blues PP and PP and make them light that cannon! Yaaaaa

FU bettman

Um....the game would have to be on tv in order for that therory to work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->