GDT: GAME #9: LEAFS vs BLUES | HNIC Sat, Oct 20 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | CBC, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It's ridiculously unfair that Yeo decides right before this particular game to scratch Bouwmeester.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Never liked TyBo myself but the same was said for JT (it is a team game). Unfortunately it took a long time for Leaf management to figure out that you can't win with TyBo as your #1C. He would have been loved more if he was our #3C.
It's not just that. Someone on the TV said, maybe it was Millen or that other Leafs fan Ferrero, that they paid Tavares 11 million a year, and all he does is stand in front of the net. This was a big compliment because he standing right there in the face of the opposition, making plays and daring the other side to do something about it.

Kadri does some of that. But he so small he can get killed, he's even smaller than Bozak, who rarely did any of that.

Why Leafs fan like a player who never wanted to pay the price, I don't know.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's not just that. Someone on the TV said, maybe it was Millen or that other Leafs fan Ferrero, that they paid Tavares 11 million a year, and all he does is stand in front of the net. This was a big compliment because he standing right there in the face of the opposition, making plays and daring the other side to do something about it.

Kadri does some of that. But he so small he can get killed, he's even smaller than Bozak, who rarely did any of that.

Why Leafs fan like a player who never wanted to pay the price, I don't know.

When I watched highlights of all the goals Tavares scored last year, I was surprised/impressed at how many he got from the dirty areas. That is where a fair number of goals are scored in the playoffs. It is probably a reason why TyBo only scored 11 goals last year and 3 were on the PP.

Reactions: Polaris1010

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
To everyone who kept saying Gauthier couldn't play in the NHL
:laugh::nod::D:popcorn:

Wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. He is definitely a 4th liner at best. We'll have to see if he can hold onto his current role on this team. He might be able to stick with a team that does not have the aspirations this team does so I guess he is an NHLer.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
To everyone who kept saying Gauthier couldn't play in the NHL
:laugh::nod::D:popcorn:

First, he looked absolutely useless in prior appearances. Second...well, that carriage could still turn back into a pumpkin any second. might want to wait for the gloating...not that I've bothered to look through your posts to see if it's even justified.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
When I watched highlights of all the goals Tavares scored last year, I was surprised/impressed at how many he got from the dirty areas. That is where a fair number of goals are scored in the playoffs. It is probably a reason why TyBo only scored 11 goals last year and 3 were on the PP.
Thanks dude, you are a true hockey fan to have done that kind of research.

Look at me. All I am willing to do is listen to Greg Millen and Ray Ferraro.

:baghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He will get a good reception, the amount Bozak is disliked is widely overstated here.

We’re a better team with Tavares but some people seriously need to let it go.

because around these parts - if you aren't an amazing super star or put up a crap tonne of points or basically deemed "Special" by the collective - you aren't worth much apparently. it takes all sorts to make a team and i wish people would realise that.

I don't like his contract he has (and while I think what he got paid by Nonis was market value at the time and so i had no issue with it either). and I had my issues with him (and i hated him during The Bad Year), but it's not his fault that he was put over his head. but he's one of the best free-agent college players, we developed him for the most part, and he stayed (and wanted to stay and help be part of the solution. not a lot of people want to do that). i don't know why we have to hate the ones who do.

Reactions: Al14

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
At a time we're asking Nylander's expectations to go from the $8 million region to the $6 million region so we can also sign star players...
Bozak was making:
-$875,000 for two years
-then $1.5 million for another two years.
-Then as a UFA, he signed for $4.2 million.
The Leafs should of been able to afford someone other then just Kessel and JVR. If anything, there should be just as much appreciation
for Bozak doing the best he could as there is contempt for the management for their incompetence. It's not like he demanded $7 million
that handcuffed them from having a #1 center.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
to be fair - and i love Goat
he was just okay. he's better now. (He needs growly lessons to be fantastic imo)

I was trolling a bit. :p
But I agree, growlyness is the one thing that he needs to elevate himself and I've been seeing more of it lately.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We're not honouring the state of the team during his time here, we're honouring a guy for his almost decade long commitment to the franchise.

How would you like to be treated if you gave 9 years of your life to one organization?

Us paying that bum Millions of dollars for 9 years should be good enough.. If it was me personally getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport, I wouldn't expect anything from the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad