GDT: GAME #9: LEAFS vs BLUES | HNIC Sat, Oct 20 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | CBC, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
On to the next...

The Return of Bozak! :sarcasm:

TJMQwJ5.png

ICYMI (18-Oct-2019)

Projected Lines

:leafs
(6-2-0)

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Gauthier-Leivo

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Andersen

:blues
(1-3-2)

Kyrou-O'Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Maroon
Barbashev-Sanford-Blais

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Schmaltz

Allen

LET'S GO​

Last edited:
Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bozak was a good Leaf. Too bad he was forced into being a 1st line centre that he was not good enough for.

I would not want Bozak at any salary over $4.0M IMHO. So, I'm happy he a St. Louis Blue!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I wonder if we'll actually get a powerplay this game

If the hockey ratings are dropping to the NFL Nascar, golf and duck hunting... yeah Bettman tells head of officiating to tilt the ice.

Ratings is $$$.

We have to put the game away cause if its close. The fix is in.

So is st louis a hockey town? No?
Well then were NEVER getting PP even if Hyman has a broken neck and marner is boarded into a concussion.

Ratings must go up for hockey!!! Give the blues PP and PP and make them light that cannon! Yaaaaa

FU bettman

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
you've gotta be kidding me

Eh, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I think standing ovations are reserved for a higher tier of player, that said, I think a hearty round of applause is in order.

I've always had a hard time figuring out exactly how good he is or isn't but I admire how he carved out a long career. He got a bit lucky being with Kessel on a crappy team where we had nobody who fit with Kessel better but he made the most of it and good for him.

I'm happy he was a Maple Leaf, and happier still that he's gone now. That's not a shot at him, just a big yay that we have better players now. I hope he does well in STL.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Bozak was a good Leaf. Too bad he was forced into being a 1st line centre that he was not good enough for.

I would not want Bozak at any salary over $4.0M IMHO. So, I'm happy he a St. Louis Blue!

I'm don't believe I'd want him even at 3M. Not that he's not worth it, we just have better uses for our cap space at this point in time.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Hoping Babs shakes up the Kadri line a bit. I really like Lindholm but he isn't an offensive weapon. In saying that, we got to get Johnsson going here soon.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Im sure Babcock gave them a good run through today at practice. They'll be ready to go tomorrow.

Blues have been struggling a bit but they're a pretty good team and they'll eventually get going. Hopefully not tomorrow.

Leafs just have to play their game. Use their speed and keep up a high tempo. They can win this one.

Also a fan of paying tribute to players that use to play here. Nothing wrong with that. Bozak was always a decent player. Never seemed to complain, and took the media in stride. He went through some of the toughest years here. Wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

Just another in a long line of players that get overused and played too high in the lineup due to lack of talent.

this has certainly done a 180 up front. defence is another matter.

Reactions: Critical91

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
If the hockey ratings are dropping to the NFL Nascar, golf and duck hunting... yeah Bettman tells head of officiating to tilt the ice.

Ratings is $$$.

We have to put the game away cause if its close. The fix is in.

So is st louis a hockey town? No?
Well then were NEVER getting PP even if Hyman has a broken neck and marner is boarded into a concussion.

Ratings must go up for hockey!!! Give the blues PP and PP and make them light that cannon! Yaaaaa

FU bettman

That’s a weird post.

I think refs can get emotion and call bad games but the Bettman fix is pretty silly.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Hope Babcock doesn't roll the lines if it's a tight game again.

Even Pittsburgh shortened their bench and brought Brassard up.

It's most likely we tie the game versus Pens if Bab rolled Kadri-Matthews-Kapanen and Hyman-Tavares-Marner to close out the game before the goalie was pulled.

Then last shift before you resort to pulling goalie should be matthews-tavares-marner.

These guys gonna be taking up 200% of the cap so get your moneys worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->