GDT: GAME #9: LEAFS vs BLUES | HNIC Sat, Oct 20 @ 7PM ET | Scotiabank Arena | CBC, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Boy are you guys in trouble tonight. Y'all might think your offense and team are pretty good right?

Tonight that all changes because you're going up against a monster that you've never seen before. A Mike Yeo led team trying to focus on offense at the expense of any sort of effective defensive system known to man.

But that's not all. If your group of superior forwards can somehow outplay our defenders who have seemingly forgotten how to play the sport of hockey, then is when the true challenge comes.

A staggering 6 foot 2. An imposing 197 lbs. A win defying goals against over 4. That's right. You've got to get by Jake The Snake Allen.

You see, you Leafs fans may think you're going to win.....BUT

us Blues fans? We KNOW you're going to.

Maybe do us a solid and keep it up under 9?
Typical blues fan, doesn't know anything. the blues always seem to beat the leafs. Pittsburgh fans thought the leafs would destroy them too, and they were also wrong

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
We need a humiliating loss over here, like 'Detroit destroying Roy' levels of beatdown culminating in a coach firing. So just score a lot and allow the Blues nothing. At the very least that sets up the Jets nicely to finish the job, so just do your part to help out your fellow 50+ year losers get a new coach.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
So that explains his poor performance with his time in Toronto; too much media. Now he will get 100 points with the blues because there are only two reporters heckling him now as opposed to twenty-seven :sarcasm:

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I never liked Bozak. I thought he was always part of the problem. He was a guy that hung around for way too long because Nonis was a horrible GM. I don't care about him. I want to move on. We are in a much better spot with a lot more talented players.

He was here for a long time and played to his capabilities in the positions he was given. It would be nice for Bozak to get applauded, in spite of having "much more talented players" he wanted to be a Leaf, and by all accounts was a great teammate and good guy. This is a good move by Dubas, and hopefully the crowd gives him some cheers.

I'd rather be known as a fanbase that applauds every former player, deserving or not, than the one who boos them for no reason.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Hoping Babs shakes up the Kadri line a bit. I really like Lindholm but he isn't an offensive weapon. In saying that, we got to get Johnsson going here soon.
The problem is really Brown. His shot is terrible, but he tries to always shoot. There needs to be someone in that spot which will aim to get the puck to Kadri.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
The problem is really Brown. His shot is terrible, but he tries to always shoot. There needs to be someone in that spot which will aim to get the puck to Kadri.

Agreed. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry at all, although I think both wingers have been good. I believe Johnsson has more to show than the others but he needs Kadri just as much.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
We need a humiliating loss over here, like 'Detroit destroying Roy' levels of beatdown culminating in a coach firing. So just score a lot and allow the Blues nothing. At the very least that sets up the Jets nicely to finish the job, so just do your part to help out your fellow 50+ year losers get a new coach.

We can make Yeo disappear if you will throw Parayko our way...... pretty please?????

In seriousness, good luck. Having a coach who can’t find his arse with his hand and a flashlight is something Leafs fans have some long history with as well.....

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
that post took me on an emotional rollercoaster... glad I read it all the way through before responding lol

Ah rollercoasters. Those are fun with their ups and downs. Wish the Blues felt like more of a rollercoaster instead of what it actually feels like, which would be a bungee jump that hasn't hit the bottom yet.

Typical blues fan, doesn't know anything. the blues always seem to beat the leafs. Pittsburgh fans thought the leafs would destroy them too, and they were also wrong

Touché

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

hnic-stl-at-tor-nsh-at-edm-blues-at-maple-leafs-predators-at-oilers.jpg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I must be the only guy in Canada that doesn't give a crap about Bozo.

I'm sorry guys, I just remember all the bad stuff about him. The poor defensive zone play that always led to a goal or two against us. I remember the uninterested, lazy back checking plays.

Its all Kessel's fault:sarcasm:

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Its all Kessel's fault:sarcasm:

It seems like that job has fallen to Kadri this season.
Toronto Maple Leafs' Nazem Kadri gets a change in assignment ahead of Tyler Bozak visit
Open this photo in gallery
Former Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, Leafs forward Mitch Marner (16) and former Leafs forward Tyler Bozak (far right) watch the replay of a goal by forward Nazem Kadri (second from right) against the Montreal Canadiens in the third period at the (former) Air Canada Centre.
John E. Sokolowski/Reuters

David Shoalts
Toronto
Published 18 hours ago
Toronto Maple Leafs' Nazem Kadri gets a change in assignment ahead of Tyler Bozak visit

However, thanks to something that clicked into place with Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock this week, Kadri will have to settle for only visiting off the ice with his former teammate. On the ice, Kadri will be settling in for what is now his regular assignment, playing against the opposition’s best centre, in this case probably the Blues’ Brayden Schenn.

Last edited:

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I was never a big fan of Bozak but you can't really hate on the guy for the most part.He was always put in a position to play higher on the depth chart but didnt have the skill to do it.He gave it his all on most nights and played on some terrible Leaf teams.The guy deserves a standing ovation. He was classy now lets show him a little respect.

As for the game tonight, I expect the Leafs to score a little more then last game lol but for some reason we always struggle against the Blues

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Going to the game tonight - I'll give the guy a clap when they (likely) do a welcome back thing. One of the better college UFA's we'll see and, while he had his warts as a player, certainly did his best in a miscast role during the dark years of the franchise.

Reactions: Joufreau

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I was never a big fan of Bozak but you can't really hate on the guy for the most part.He was always put in a position to play higher on the depth chart but didnt have the skill to do it.He gave it his all on most nights and played on some terrible Leaf teams.The guy deserves a standing ovation. He was classy now lets show him a little respect.

As for the game tonight, I expect the Leafs to score a little more then last game lol but for some reason we always struggle against the Blues

Standing ovations are reserved for guys like Mats Sundin, Doug Gilmour. Not for the Bozaks of the world. Great, he gave it his all most nights. You're kinda supposed to.

Reactions: ToneDog

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Why honor mediocrity.. Are we going to honor Unlce Leo too? While yes Bozak "tried" hard everynight, we still accomplished nothing (not saying it was all his fault)

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I always liked Bozak. He was constantly put in positions above his head and did admirably with our best players. Played on some BAD teams and never once complained.

I hope he gets a nice reception tonight for the near decade he put in here.
He should. But this is also a fan base that boo's Kessel and Phaneuf, so you never know.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I always liked Bozak. He was constantly put in positions above his head and did admirably with our best players. Played on some BAD teams and never once complained.

I hope he gets a nice reception tonight for the near decade he put in here.

He will get a good reception, the amount Bozak is disliked is widely overstated here.

We’re a better team with Tavares but some people seriously need to let it go.

Reactions: CelticDruid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad