Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I mean... Borowiecky is a POS, but the commentator is right. It's NHL. You can't skate into opponent's crease and not expect to be rocked. Welcome to NHL, kid. Come back healthy and tougher.

I think Vaak needs some time in AHL. I was not all that impressed with him before the hit.

Except he never even got to the crease.

Besides, his objective was just looking for a loose puck, not wading into a scrum in the OTT crease. The commentator and you might want to take context into consideration here before applying your hockey “true-isms”.

Edit: I was typing this when rick made his post.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
little concerned about the bruins. Even though they have a good record to date. They look a little slow as a team, it seems to me that last season
they were a faster team. Perhaps not having McIvoy and Krug in the line-up hurts, but to give up 38 shots to a team like Ottawa who is projected
to finish in last place by years end by many does not bold well for the bruins.

Feb 25, 2016
You silly goose we don’t need some rookie poster reminding us it’s Ottawa and they are one dimensional

That they won’t last 1 round shows you got some bad programming- who the **** knows but you painting a doom and gloom REMINDS me of chumps not chimps that used to be here.

ELEVATE!!!!

Krejci had a strong game and I’m liking that line

Bruins can hit the 10 game point with 14 points with a win tomorrow not bad considering they opened with the Stanley Cup champs banner raising and 3 teams home opener

Add in injuries, new guys, playing with 7 & 8 defense depth, a western road trip, being one dimensional and eating only monkeys and squirrels that’s pretty good

Ad hominem attacks are a sign of either a poor argument or a small minded person who needs to "elevate " themselves via personal insults, or both.

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
What is everyone's thoughts on Nordstrom at 3C last night?

I thought he had an all-around great game for a bottom 6, but is he the current answer at 3C(for this week at least.)

I agree, I think they should give him a shot there and see what happens. It's obvious that Cassidy loves his game and is trying to find a spot for him to flourish

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I mean... Borowiecky is a POS, but the commentator is right. It's NHL. You can't skate into opponent's crease and not expect to be rocked. Welcome to NHL, kid. Come back healthy and tougher.

I think Vaak needs some time in AHL. I was not all that impressed with him before the hit.

Rocked? Getting pushed, cross checked, dumped on your keister, or face washed maybe. Getting an elbow blatantly thrown in your face???? I doubt even a 15 year vet wouldn't have expected that to happen

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
little concerned about the bruins. Even though they have a good record to date. They look a little slow as a team, it seems to me that last season
they were a faster team. Perhaps not having McIvoy and Krug in the line-up hurts, but to give up 38 shots to a team like Ottawa who is projected
to finish in last place by years end by many does not bold well for the bruins.
The Bruins are thus far displaying a plodding and generally boring brand of hockey which is relatively devoid of speed and skill. Aside from the top line, and an occasional flurry from DK46 and whoever's skating with him on any given night, it's incredibly choppy and painfully dull to watch.

And, please folks, spare me the "then don't watch" retorts; like the team, those sorts of remarks are also tedious and boring.

We're more than "just a 3rd line center" away; we're in need of much more than that...to win it all, that is.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Yep. Borowiecki looked right at him and elbowed him in the face.

Does anyone have this angle at real time? the TSN video showed the back door look at real time, but slowed this down. I want to see what the impact was in real time from this angle. Of course the Sportsnet and NHL highlight packs DON'T include this hit at all.

Reactions: FanSince72
Feb 25, 2016
I was posting about Vaakanainen not expecting to get elbowed. Guess I'm missing something about who should replace Krecji?
My fault I thought you had posted something poitive about Norstums play. I misspelled Krecji and believed that was the purpose of you retort.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My fault I thought you had posted something poitive about Norstums play. I misspelled Krecji and believed that was the purpose of you retort.

Ah OK! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! But I don't think #20 is ready to step in for #46 right now

Feb 25, 2016
Ah OK! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! But I don't think #20 is ready to step in for #46 right now

Well, I've made some line combos adjustments proposals that has Norstrum centering Debrusk and Pasta to get more production for more than just one line and special teams. In my opinion Debrusk need a better winger and center to excell. Krecji days as a top line center has been over for years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ad hominem attacks are a sign of either a poor argument or a small minded person who needs to "elevate " themselves via personal insults, or both.
Definitely not small minded

Go reread your posts and quit telling everyone how to think

It’s annoying

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Well, I've made some line combos adjustments proposals that has Norstrum centering Debrusk and Pasta to get more production for more than just one line and special teams. In my opinion Debrusk need a better winger and center to excell. Krecji days as a top line center has been over for years.

Well in my eyes, DK is the second best center on the B's so I'm not one who is looking to replace him. What he did on the play that setup Heinen's pass to Pastrnak was brilliant. And he went straight to the goal and setup a great screen on Anderson. He's far from done to me

Reactions: Agent86 and BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

This has to be an act right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad