Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
Canadian commentator on Vaak, cannot walk into a scrum all wide eyed, welcome to the league. People wonder why I cannot stand the media up here in regards to anything Bruin.
I mean... Borowiecky is a POS, but the commentator is right. It's NHL. You can't skate into opponent's crease and not expect to be rocked. Welcome to NHL, kid. Come back healthy and tougher.

I think Vaak needs some time in AHL. I was not all that impressed with him before the hit.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
I mean... Borowiecky is a POS, but the commentator is right. It's NHL. You can't skate into opponent's crease and not expect to be rocked. Welcome to NHL, kid. Come back healthy and tougher.

I think Vaak needs some time in AHL. I was not all that impressed with him before the hit.

You can expect to be rocked (i.e. shoved/knocked down), but not get elbowed intentionally in the face. That's never been ok.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Except Borowiecki looked over his shoulder and deliberately elbowed him in the head - did you see the gaping cut on his face? That is why he is having a hearing.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
on a random side note... i just dont like this ottawa team, especially mark stone.. sure hes a decent player, but every time we play them i just see his whiny face and it drives me nuts . i respect zack smith for the role he plays and dzingel is a competitor, but the rest of the team just drive me crazy and is really unlikeable

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

And Borowiecki should know that you can't look over your shoulder, eyeball a player coming into the crease and throw an elbow right at his head. This is not a "Welcome to the NHL, Kid." moment.

He's only up right now due to injuries, but he hasn't impressed you in 17 minutes of NHL action? Smallest of sample sizes. Nothing actually to take away there.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I am still furious about the hit on Vaak. That POS Boro**** needs to sit for several games though I'm not holding my breath waiting on the NHL to actually suspend him. In that case the Bruins need to feed this bastard his teeth the next time they play Ottawa.

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Too late:

i.png

Reactions: Chief Nine

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

When he gets 5 games today, then tell us this again.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad to hear that there's a hearing.

As others have said, if it was Marchand who pulled this sort of shit, there's no doubt the league would already be on top of it - from last night and already have had him suspended.

Reactions: FanSince72

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
When he gets 5 games today, then tell us this again.
I hope he gets 20. I meant that the players have to be aware of the situation around them. Especially on the NHL level. A lot of rookie learn that fast. In the end of the day it's up to the player to be always aware and always be defending themselves.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Glad to hear that there's a hearing.

As others have said, if it was Marchand who pulled this sort of ****, there's no doubt the league would already be on top of it - from last night and already have had him suspended.

The Sens would have had a 5 minute power play to start and Marchand would be gone for 10 games.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I hope he gets 20. I meant that the players have to be aware of the situation around them. Especially on the NHL level. A lot of rookie learn that fast. In the end of the day it's up to the player to be always aware and always be defending themselves.

Are you sure you're not confusing the NHL with MMA?

Reactions: Chief Nine

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
And Borowiecki should know that you can't look over your shoulder, eyeball a player coming into the crease and throw an elbow right at his head. This is not a "Welcome to the NHL, Kid." moment.

He's only up right now due to injuries, but he hasn't impressed you in 17 minutes of NHL action? Smallest of sample sizes. Nothing actually to take away there.
Borowiecki will get suspended. And yes, Vaak did not impress me in the 2 games that I saw of him. You read my post correctly.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Why is Marchy carrying the teams water when it comes to answering the bell. Bruins need some jam in the lineup with Miller out and McQuaid gone. He breaks a hand there on Smith's ugly face, the Bruins are really done.
I admire him for jumping to his teammates defense but I hear you about breaking his hand. Anytime one of our skill guys decides to go I can't wait for the fight to be over so that they don't mess up their hands.

Reactions: Baddkarma

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
[QUOTE="FluffyMcAvoy, post: 151175353, member: 292361"]I don't know. Which sport do they elbow you in the head when refs aren't looking? In what sport they will lay you out if you skate with your head down or if you admire your pass?[/QUOTE]

I'm 57 but who's stuck in a time machine? Is this the 70's all over? If Vaak didnt pull up it would have been worse.

That was a blatant disrespectful hit. Coming from some idiot that was crying about another player cheepshoting (in his eye) him in the game before.

The NHL will come down hard on this turd even though Vaak should have been prepared to get an elbow to his skull. That's hockey lol

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

I’m sorry, but this is nuts. The puck was loose and there was no whistle, and Urho’s job is not to try and locate a loose puck to try and score a goal but rather approach trying to figure out which Ottawa player is going to elbow him in the teeth? And Borowiecki who is a defenseman is doing his job by not locating the puck and pushing it to his goalie, but rather by finding the first guy that he can elbow in the face? There are plenty of other ways to remove opponents from a scrum without using your elbow. And Urho sure as heck was doing exactly what he should have by approaching a loose puck looking to find it and score. It was a dirty stupid illegal hit and he should sit for it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
on a random side note... i just dont like this ottawa team, especially mark stone.. sure hes a decent player, but every time we play them i just see his whiny face and it drives me nuts . i respect zack smith for the role he plays and dzingel is a competitor, but the rest of the team just drive me crazy and is really unlikeable

Id love stone on the Bruins. I saw him steal the puck about 4 times in a 1 minute span last nite.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I admire him for jumping to his teammates defense but I hear you about breaking his hand. Anytime one of our skill guys decides to go I can't wait for the fight to be over so that they don't mess up their hands.

Typically the past 9 games a guy who has been on the ice has stepped in, the only case I remember other than that was Kevin Miller and the guy from Edmonton who fought after the guy got out of the box. It seems this teams mentality is the guy closest to it addresses it when it happens. Acciari did it last game in Vancouver after a high hit, Wagner did it against Detroit, Kuraly also did it early in the year. The willingness for anyone to jump in, even though they know they may not win the fight, shows that it's a tight group. Ideally you'd never ever want any of the top 3 in that situation, and with one of the D already out of the game at that point last night, you don't want a D in the box for another 5 plus minutes.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Unfortunately, he's the best option at the moment, from what I've seen so far at that 3C position. It's a stop gap, until a trade is made, or a Frederic call up.

Solid all around game but really struggled at the dot. I think he only won 1 faceoff all night. Wagner started taking them and won 6 of 7.

I thought between the two of them they made one good center. That line was very good 5 on 5 and on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad