Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So - too early to start a Bergeron winning the Art Ross conversation?
Yes, but for now this looks pretty nice.
Screenshot_20181024-065956_NHL-720x1480.jpg

Bergeron tied with Matthews for points, pasta tied with him for goals. :thumbu:

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I don't think there is any doubt that there will be a call on the elbow. Player safety can not let that one go, it's an obvious head shot, that at the very least needs to have a statement made on it. They'll need to give a reason for not handing down a suspension. I think it's at least 1 game but based on reputation, and the fact that Player Safety may have actually been at the game, maybe 3.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I heard on the radio that the B's were video taping the Ottawa practice and cheating.

:biglaugh:

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thank God we have the best line in the league

Especially considering no matter what we do we are always short a defender. I feel like 2 need to have 10 on the roster at all times this is ridiculous.

I remember lots of complaints during the summer we had too many NHL D blocking our developing D.

End of October and we are playing Kampfer and Gouloubooloobeuf because we are running out of D.

Reactions: wintersej and BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Sooooo I just checked NHL.com this morning, and there's no mention of Borosucki or the elbow anywhere. No mention of a phone hearing or anything.

Figures. Whatever. I'm sure the league is liking the fact that Marchand is leading the league in PIMs right now and has dropped the gloves more often than his usual. Makes it easier for the league to suspend him when he does anything remotely close to what Borosucki did last night....We're fortunate it wasn't Pasta or Bergeron or Marchy that took that elbow

On a positive note though, hey, Gryz has 5 points in 9 games! He's doing quite well, that little fella (Who is actually a lot bigger than me...)

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
Bjork is putting it together! little too much time in our own zone for my liking but that will happen when you are on your 8th dman ... couple inches here and there and we all would be talking about debrusk, he was an animal ..

Reactions: DKH

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Canadian commentator on Vaak, cannot walk into a scrum all wide eyed, welcome to the league. People wonder why I cannot stand the media up here in regards to anything Bruin.

I walked into a coffee shop once and this guy standing around with his back to me is animatedly talking to his friends. AS I go by he raises his arms and I get an elbow to the face.

Guess I should not have been in that coffee shop in the first place.

Seriously though, Boro looked straight at Urho before he threw the elbow to his face.

If there's not a DoPS in-person hearing announced for him today I will lose my mind.

The reffing in that game should be a HOW-TO for teachings refs what not to do.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Good win, but such a shame to see Vaaks get injured right away, that elbow looked bad.

Carlo is getting into that top4 beast mode.

Reactions: DKH

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Outside of the hit, I'm becoming more and more concerned about a sophomore slump. The B's are 9 games in and the youngsters aren't even close to what they were expected to be. Debrusk - 2 goals and Heinen 2 assists. Donato 1 goal on the PP and Bjork 1 and 1. Krejci has 8 points, so you can't blame him. Unless 1 or two of these get going soon I think Sweeney will have to move one of them for a veteran wing.

I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but if Stempniak is still hanging around, shoot him a min contract to play with Kecji and slide one of the young guys to Providence.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Outside of the hit, I'm becoming more and more concerned about a sophomore slump. The B's are 9 games in and the youngsters aren't even close to what they were expected to be. Debrusk - 2 goals and Heinen 2 assists. Donato 1 goal on the PP and Bjork 1 and 1. Krejci has 8 points, so you can't blame him. Unless 1 or two of these get going soon I think Sweeney will have to move one of them for a veteran wing.

I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but if Stempniak is still hanging around, shoot him a min contract to play with Krejci and slide one of the young guys to Providence.

DeBrusk has hit at least 4 posts and is just snake bitten. He has been dangerous.
Heinen has been shuffled around with new linemates every game and is still playing solid hockey. He has a few assists, but he needs to stay with a line and gel if he is to generate more.
The Krejci line, in general, has had a slow start and it has been hard finding a good fit with them. They seem to be warming up now......I hope.
Bjork also has been shuffled around each game and has shown flashes, but he needs time to learn.
Donato has the gun, but not much else atm. He needs to learn to round out his game as well. He'd be down in Providence if someone down there was playing well(Not named Cave.)

Reactions: Chief Nine

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
That Debrusk post was painful to watch. I felt it for him.

Wagner completely missing the net on the one-timer, however, was significantly worse!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
What is everyone's thoughts on Nordstrom at 3C last night?

I thought he had an all-around great game for a bottom 6, but is he the current answer at 3C(for this week at least.)

Reactions: Chief Nine

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am still furious about the hit on Vaak. That POS Boroshit needs to sit for several games though I'm not holding my breath waiting on the NHL to actually suspend him. In that case the Bruins need to feed this bastard his teeth the next time they play Ottawa.

I had been on the fence about having a McQuaid type on the team but not any longer. I know the game is changing but after last night I am convinced that teams need enforcers (not goons, enforcers) to protect players from this kind of shit. I doubt Boroshit would have tried anything if he knew he'd have to face McQuaid and trusting the league to hand out justice is a fool's errand.

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Damn. Carlo looks like a whole new player this year. Seems so much faster and quicker on that first stride. He is easily our best defenseman right now. And its not really close.

Reactions: BMC and Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Damn. Carlo looks like a whole new player this year. Seems so much faster and quicker on that first stride. He is easily our best defenseman right now. And its not really close.
Agreed. He’s the most improved player thus far. He seems to be oozing confidence this season. He skates so well, and has his head up when he has the puck on his stick. Defensively he constantly has his stick in passing lanes, and he’s using his body more effectively. I really like what I’m seeing from Carlo this season.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I am still furious about the hit on Vaak. That POS Boro**** needs to sit for several games though I'm not holding my breath waiting on the NHL to actually suspend him. In that case the Bruins need to feed this bastard his teeth the next time they play Ottawa.

I had been on the fence about having a McQuaid type on the team but not any longer. I know the game is changing but after last night I am convinced that teams need enforcers (not goons, enforcers) to protect players from this kind of ****. I doubt Boro**** would have tried anything if he knew he'd have to face McQuaid and trusting the league to hand out justice is a fool's errand.

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

not shocked teams are taking liberties. Saw 2 cheap shots last night and the only pushback was Brad Marchand.

not a good look at all. The fans in the stands were laughing when Marchand was the only 1 to retaliate.

Reactions: BMC

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
not shocked teams are taking liberties. Saw 2 cheap shots last night and the only pushback was Brad Marchand.

not a good look at all. The fans in the stands were laughing when Marchand was the only 1 to retaliate.

You sure they weren't laughing at that team wearing the Senator on the front of the jerseys? Because I was, they suck

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
What is everyone's thoughts on Nordstrom at 3C last night?

I thought he had an all-around great game for a bottom 6, but is he the current answer at 3C(for this week at least.)

Unfortunately, he's the best option at the moment, from what I've seen so far at that 3C position. It's a stop gap, until a trade is made, or a Frederic call up.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Shame I had to miss this game, sounds like it was a good one.

I'm seeing Carlo played really well. How did Bjork and Donato do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->