Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
I was at the game

That place is always quiet compare to the Bell Center or TD Garden...

I wish Chara would get mad more often, I was very close to the board where he hit Stone, that was a solid one. I know he is still very important on the PK but Carlo is taking over (sooo happy we didn't trade him at the end) and Chara would need to police a little more I think.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If he becomes a smaller and faster version of Carlo - I will be dazzled :)

Bruins did use Vaakanainen on the PP during the preseason and he looked good there. That may be something they try and develop in his game. I could see a Carlo-like defenseman in Vaakanainen. I think he could be better offensively though. He definitely wouldn't be up if we weren't injured on defenseman. Hopefully they give Zboril/Lauzon a look if Vaak is out for a while.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
To be honest McAvoy has not been very impressive so far, actually Carlo has outplayed him and looks to be the better partner with Chara. Mac to me may be the superstar we assume.
I wonder if his current injury has anything to do with it and I wonder how long it's been nagging him for. The speculations are between concussion and heart issues, but still nothing is confirmed.

Agree on Carlo though. I was happy last year when we didn't trade him for McDonagh.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
Bruins did use Vaakanainen on the PP during the preseason and he looked good there. That may be something they try and develop in his game. I could see a Carlo-like defenseman in Vaakanainen. I think he could be better offensively though. He definitely wouldn't be up if we weren't injured on defenseman. Hopefully they give Zboril/Lauzon a look if Vaak is out for a while.
I am looking forward to seeing Zboril on Thursday. That's if he gets the call up of course. He has some mean and nasty to his game and a match against the Flyers may be very favorable for him.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wonder if his current injury has anything to do with it and I wonder how long it's been nagging him for. The speculations are between concussion and heart issues, but still nothing is confirmed.

Agree on Carlo though. I was happy last year when we didn't trade him for McDonagh.
If it is the heart and god forbid that is horrible news. I cannot even fathom that at his age, hopefully it is nothing. He did take 2 cross checks from McGod in Edmonton and a late Looch cherry picking hit

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
You mean why Marchand went after Smith?

I think this was discussed this year and guys no matter who it is are going to stand up for each other. We seen it already, no use having one designated guy if he is in the press box, injured or not on the ice. I like it, send it out to the league and it bonds the team on another level.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Carlo is playing the way he did in Junior, being aggressive and taking on the challenges. So glad we did not trade him, like Pasta he has matured. I think Heinen, Grizz and Debrusk did the same thing. Bjork is blossoming before our eyes, he is smart and fast but has gained some strength. Donato will take a bit longer, it is all stages and they are coming into it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
One game. For as blatant an elbow as I've ever seen.

Is he not a repeat offender? I have no idea.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He was suspended for 2 games in 2016. Not sure about any others

Mark Borowiecki suspended two games

It’s pretty bad that he only got one game for that disgusting elbow. This league sometimes

Their so inconsistent it isn't even funny. You throw a player to the ice that causes a concussion and you get 2 games. You deliberately elbow a player in the head causing a concussion and you get one. Un- freak-en believable:confused:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Parros should quit. He just has no clue.

Bozoclown is a useless piece of trash, injures an upcoming young skilled player with a vicious intentional elbow and gets only 1 game?

My guess is stupid Parrot would have given Marchand more games for less...

Reactions: Chief Nine and TCB

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

I think he may have been suspended before. I didn't think it looked that bad. It's not like he took a vicious run at him. He just put his elbow up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad