Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I am still furious about the hit on Vaak. That POS Boro**** needs to sit for several games though I'm not holding my breath waiting on the NHL to actually suspend him. In that case the Bruins need to feed this bastard his teeth the next time they play Ottawa.

I had been on the fence about having a McQuaid type on the team but not any longer. I know the game is changing but after last night I am convinced that teams need enforcers (not goons, enforcers) to protect players from this kind of ****. I doubt Boro**** would have tried anything if he knew he'd have to face McQuaid and trusting the league to hand out justice is a fool's errand.

:madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Didn't save Savard or Eriksson or anyone ever.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
If the roles were reversed, a Bruin gets much more than a one game slap on the wrist.

The worst part about this is that I am not surprised....

Reactions: nfld77

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
If the roles were reversed, a Bruin gets much more than a one game slap on the wrist.

The worst part about this is that I am not surprised....

I feel same way as you my friend..We're so damn used to the Bruins getting the crappy end of the stick, it just comes so normal to us..Yet reverse the situation, any Bruin throws that hit, guarenteed 5 games maximun and yet again, neither of us would be surprised.. You know I often wondered does this plus all the referee crap have anything to do with the leagues feelings over Jeremy Jacobs?? Maybe they all hate him and Bruins have to pay for it..Is that possible??

Reactions: veganbruin

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think he may have been suspended before. I didn't think it looked that bad. It's not like he took a vicious run at him. He just put his elbow up.
Hilarious, Boro went full Bruce Lee from a squatting position , to looking at the target and thrusting up and out at his head and followed through, maybe more forearm then we thought but still a head shot. I do not know how to post pictures but I have them frame by frame.

Watch the video at 11 seconds to 13. How did they not get a tripping call on Bergy too, that was a sure goal taken away. To me that is not different them a glove in the crease or tripping a guy in a empty net breakaway

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Finally got to watch this late last night after avoiding all hockey news for two days so it wasn't ruined :laugh: The thread title should have been Bruins 4 Refs 1, the 5 on 3 "we're sorry" situation notwithstanding. Boro is a scuzbucket and desevered more than 1 game. I am with whoever posted earlier that deliberate shots to the heads and concussions are what the NHL is trying to stop, but then they twist themselves like pretzels on this one to avoid coming down on a repeat offender who clearly knew what he was going. It's a joke.

The game: DK is on fire now. 3 games in a row and he's been bringing his A game. There is some nice chemistry with that line. Heinen has been very good since his benching. He looks like the Heinen who broke out last season. JDB is a perpetual motion machine.

Pasta is . . . Pasta. He might be one of the top 3 or 4 young players in the league; in the conversation with McDavid, Matthews. Yes I think he's that good.

Brad with the sickest move on that second Pasta goal.

Grizz is in beast mode. What a good defenseman he is turning out to be on both ends of the ice. I don't see how he goes back into the press box whatever happens.

Tuuka was giving up a lot of rebounds, especially early, but was strong in making saves. Bruins got a good bit of puck luck there and two awesome Carlo saves- it was due after the last three games.

Nordstrom is a very good player. We got a steal on a the FA market. His line was good.

Kampfer has been better than I imagined he would be. He looks fine out there.

Looking forward to tonight against the Flyers!

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So we’ve established that the presence of a fighter (or several) doesn’t deter this kind of stuff and neither does the NHL’s weak suspensions

No it doesn't, but I have to admit I would have liked to see someone like Quaider tune the guy up afterwards just for doing it. But that is a temporary bit of cheap satisfaction and Boro could get his ass kicked 7 ways from Sunday every time and would still be pulling crap like that.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
No it doesn't, but I have to admit I would have liked to see someone like Quaider tune the guy up afterwards just for doing it. But that is a temporary bit of cheap satisfaction and Boro could get his ass kicked 7 ways from Sunday every time and would still be pulling crap like that.

I agree 100%. I just get tired of seeing the argument that having these guys will prevent this kind of play

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad