Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Stick to the topic and quit flaming each other.

PLEASE

Reactions: TCB

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Boro is a clown. He'll get a well deserved suspension. Hope UV is ok. Still can't beleive there wasn't even a penalty on the play when Chara got all kind of calls for nothing all night.

Bruins dominated the 2014 draft with Pasta-Donato-Heinen-Bjork. Pasta goes #1 in a redraft. What a steal at #25.

Rask was very solid especially on many undeserved PK.

Not a fan of fights after a clean hit. Marchand showed character but it was not necessary.

Bergy tied for 1st in scoring.

Bring on Gritty and the lowly Habs.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Boro is a clown. He'll get a well deserved suspension. Hope UV is ok. Still can't beleive there wasn't even a penalty on the play when Chara got all kind of calls for nothing all night.

Bruins dominated the 2014 draft with Pasta-Donato-Heinen-Bjork. Pasta goes #1 in a redraft. What a steal at #25.

Rask was very solid especially on many undeserved PK.

Not a fan of fights after a clean hit. Marchand showed character but it was not necessary.

Bergy tied for 1st in scoring.

Bring on Gritty and the lowly Habs.

I agree with this but a lot of times I think this happens because guys see the aftermath and it looks like it was boarding or a cheap shot and then go after the guy who made the hit

Reactions: caz16
Feb 25, 2016
2 points > 8 points. It's math.

We couldn't trade and get a ham sandwich for Krejci, 8 points and all. He's dead money on this team and is dragging that entire line down with him. Sure, lets trade our youth movement so we can get that winger to make him look better. He's 7.5 million dollar BUST! Get over it. Marchand, Bergeron, and Pasternak make 6 million-ish a year and put their numbers up against Krejci's. That's all I have been saying. Its time to bust up the top line and move Krejci and Backes to the 4th line where they belong. Nordstrum points per game will skyrocket on a line with Debrusk and Pasternak.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
We couldn't trade and get a ham sandwich for Krejci, 8 points and all. He's dead money on this team and is dragging that entire line down with him. Sure, lets trade our youth movement so we can get that winger to make him look better. He's 7.5 million dollar BUST! Get over it. Marchand, Bergeron, and Pasternak make 6 million-ish a year and put their numbers up against Krejci's. That's all I have been saying. Its time to bust up the top line and move Krejci and Backes to the 4th line where they belong. Nordstrum points per game will skyrocket on a line with Debrusk and Pasternak.

You are my new favorite poster. Don't ever change!

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
That's leadership, if the smallest guy and best scorer on the team can do that for Grzelcyk there's no reason why anyone else can't. Wish he didn't have to but that's a statement.

And what happens when said leader breaks his hand in a fight with someone like Smith? Hes on the only really productive line on this team

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Pretty harsh words for a guy who set up Nathan Horton in game 7 vs Tampa with a tap in to send Bruins to Stanley Cup vs Canucks.He also led NHL 2 times in playoff scoring so the word Bust is not fair.Krecji is a good hockey player if he is healthy Glides a bit at times but Bruins could do far worse I imagine. .4th line is for bangers to .

Feb 25, 2016
Pretty harsh words for a guy who set up Nathan Horton in game 7 vs Tampa with a tap in to send Bruins to Stanley Cup vs Canucks.He also led NHL 2 times in playoff scoring so the word Bust is not fair.Krecji is a good hockey player if he is healthy Glides a bit at times but Bruins could do far worse I imagine. .4th line is for bangers to .

Yea and Wahington crossed Delaware and defeated the Hessians. That was then this is now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I agree with this but a lot of times I think this happens because guys see the aftermath and it looks like it was boarding or a cheap shot and then go after the guy who made the hit

That and the fact Vaak had already taken an elbow to the head with no retaliation to Boro.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="FluffyMcAvoy, post: 151175353, member: 292361"]I don't know. Which sport do they elbow you in the head when refs aren't looking? In what sport they will lay you out if you skate with your head down or if you admire your pass?

I'm 57 but who's stuck in a time machine? Is this the 70's all over? If Vaak didnt pull up it would have been worse.

That was a blatant disrespectful hit. Coming from some idiot that was crying about another player cheepshoting (in his eye) him in the game before.

The NHL will come down hard on this turd even though Vaak should have been prepared to get an elbow to his skull. That's hockey lol[/QUOTE]
The difference between now and 70's is that Borowiecki will get suspended for that hit. But these hits happen and happen often unfortunately. While I 100% agree that the hit was dirty and unnecessary, I also believe that players on NHL level should be more ice-aware. Rookies tend to get injured a lot in their first years due to these dirty plays and they have to learn fast, or else their careers are cut very short.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
And in 12 minutes and 5:46 minutes, what did you see from him that wasn't impressing you?
There was nothing that I saw that was impressive. Krug has impressed me off the start. So did Carlo. So did McAvoy. Vaak just looks a little shaky and out of place. Weather it's rookie jitters or lack of polish doesn't matter. I am high on him as a prospect, but I think he needs more time in the NHL.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
There was nothing that I saw that was impressive. Krug has impressed me off the start. So did Carlo. So did McAvoy. Vaak just looks a little shaky and out of place. Weather it's rookie jitters or lack of polish doesn't matter. I am high on him as a prospect, but I think he needs more time in the NHL.

I would say it was rookie jitters. His first game I saw posters here say that he settled down. Last game wasn't even enough to get an actual read on him.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
I’m sorry, but this is nuts. The puck was loose and there was no whistle, and Urho’s job is not to try and locate a loose puck to try and score a goal but rather approach trying to figure out which Ottawa player is going to elbow him in the teeth? And Borowiecki who is a defenseman is doing his job by not locating the puck and pushing it to his goalie, but rather by finding the first guy that he can elbow in the face? There are plenty of other ways to remove opponents from a scrum without using your elbow. And Urho sure as heck was doing exactly what he should have by approaching a loose puck looking to find it and score. It was a dirty stupid illegal hit and he should sit for it.
Why is it nuts to think that on the highest level of one of the most physical sports in the World, a player should be constantly aware of his surrounding? Jack Edwards keeps saying that part of the vet experience is knowing who is on the ice with you and knowing what to expect from them. It's part of the game to watch out for the flying elbows and always be looking around. And for the record, this does not take the responsibility from Borowiecki's hit.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
FINAL WARNING.

ANYMORE FLAMING AND YOU WILL BE THREAD BANNED and INFRACTED.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
I would say it was rookie jitters. His first game I saw posters here say that he settled down. Last game wasn't even enough to get an actual read on him.
In the offseason some hockey analysts saw him playing on the first line with McAvoy. Maybe that's why I wasn't impressed, since the expectations on my end were set so high. This is the first time I really saw him play (aside from pre-season) and... Well he didn't dazzle me I guess. We will see. Hopefully this injury doesn't set back his development.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In the offseason some hockey analysts saw him playing on the first line with McAvoy. Maybe that's why I wasn't impressed, since the expectations on my end were set so high. This is the first time I really saw him play (aside from pre-season) and... Well he didn't dazzle me I guess. We will see. Hopefully this injury doesn't set back his development.

Urho doesn't seem to play that style of hockey that is going to dazzle people.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well he was drafted in the first round and skating was listed as his greatest asset. So I expected that I guess.

He's not going to be flashy. If you're dazzled by solid defensive players you will find him very intriguing. He may have some offense in his game that wasn't shown in Liiga. Right now, he comes across as a player who will be a plus defender with excellent skating, one who can transition the puck, and log big minutes.

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
He's not going to be flashy. If you're dazzled by solid defensive players you will find him very intriguing. He may have some offense in his game that wasn't shown in Liiga. Right now, he comes across as a player who will be a plus defender with excellent skating, one who can transition the puck, and log big minutes.
If he becomes a smaller and faster version of Carlo - I will be dazzled :)

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
To be honest McAvoy has not been very impressive so far, actually Carlo has outplayed him and looks to be the better partner with Chara. Mac to me may be the superstar we assume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad