GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

R2daV

Apr 8, 2018
Aside from Mack and Rants breaking out this season, the one other player I've been very impressed with is Soda. After what went on last season with the reduced role and minutes, it would have been easy for him to mail it in for the rest of his contract or request for a trade. Instead, he turned it around and became our became our best shutdown forward and penalty killer while allowing the top line to get more offensive zone starts! I think he will be an important player in the playoffs

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Aside from Mack and Rants breaking out this season, the one other player I've been very impressed with is Soda. After what went on last season with the reduced role and minutes, it would have been easy for him to mail it in for the rest of his contract or request for a trade. Instead, he turned it around and became our became our best shutdown forward and penalty killer while allowing the top line to get more offensive zone starts! I think he will be an important player in the playoffs

Carl has earned my everlasting respect for this season. No matter where he goes in his career from now on I'll pay attention and wish him well. I don't know if anyone had a worse year on the Avs than him last season, and to become the player he was for us this year shows an incredible amount of character and heart. Heck, he's even learned to hit occasionally, which not even Roy seemed to be able to get him to do. Love me some Soda, and yes he is made for the playoffs.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Agreed, great season for him, and became an absolutely vital part of the team. After the top line pretty easily the most important forward on the club.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Woke up and read all 72 pages. Awesome game and so much fun to be in the playoffs again. Even if we don't have any success in the playoffs, it will be something to build on for next year as opposed to just having the goal next season to get into the playoffs.

This. So important to get these guys into the playoffs even if we are serving as the sacrificial lambs to the Preds. Youngest team in the NHL getting big game experience is invaluable IMO.

Reactions: MarkT and Murzu

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Anybody that saw this team celebrate Landy's empty net goal and still thinks that making the playoffs was not important to this team to take the next step is out to lunch. That team needed to experience that feeling just like they need to experience how hard it will be to advance to the next round.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
How was the show?

Really good! The guy they cast as Genie was super charismatic. He basically stole the show all by himself, similar to Robin Williams in the original movie. They took some creative liberties to adapt the movie to the stage, but what they were able to do within the limitations of a theater was crazy. There are some seriously talented people out there.

I would've ditched Aladdin and went to the game.

This is why I'm single.

Haha, well... I did bring that idea up with my girlfriend, and she did consider it... In the end, she figured it’d be best to go to the show, though. I was 110% ready to sell the Aladdin tickets online and pick up some cheap Avs nosebleeds, or whatever was available. In the end, it all worked out. The Avs are in the playoffs! And that’s all that matters.

Reactions: Murzu

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Anybody that saw this team celebrate Landy's empty net goal and still thinks that making the playoffs was not important to this team to take the next step is out to lunch. That team needed to experience that feeling just like they need to experience how hard it will be to advance to the next round.
image.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Damn, we actually won 56% of face-offs.

I think that had a huge impact on the game for us. If ever there was a game for them to have that kind of result in the dot it was that game. I was really impressed with that. It also shows how much easier we could make it on ourselves if they got closer to the mid line when it comes to winning FOs.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Ya it's great to celebrate this victory together and a successful season after the hell of last year. I want to give a shoutout to maybe our most unheralded player on the roster, Matt Nieto. The guy knows his role and can play. Has more skill than people think and rarely makes a bad decision with the puck. Amazing waiver pickup who should be a staple in the lineup for the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00