GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I know it's gonna sound like I'm dogpiling him Rantanen-style, but Nemeth killed the Avs' momentum temporarily with two really dumb icings, both times he had time and space to do something better with it. But whatever, I wouldn't say his performance was bad last night, those were just two plays that stuck out to me for bad reasons last night.
The only bad play I noticed from Nemeth was on the Blues second goal. He let Schenn walk right in, and then screened Bernier, only to move out of the way of the shot at the last second. It was 4-2 at that point so I wasn't too worried about it.

Couple bad passes in the 2nd too. He was fine otherwise.

Reactions: Murzu

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The only bad play I noticed from Nemeth was on the Blues second goal. He let Schenn walk right in, and then screened Bernier, only to move out of the way of the shot at the last second. It was 4-2 at that point so I wasn't too worried about it.

Couple bad passes in the 2nd too. He was fine otherwise.
IMO the only player that had a so-so to bad game was Nemeth. Very much at fault on the 2nd goal and at least 5 icings.

Personally I hope to not see him on the roster next season or if so in a very limited 3rd pairing PK role.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland

credit to Nathan Rudolph

This makes me all kinds of happy in dark days. Really not the topic/place for this but could i ask my fellow avs fans here a favor?

My little brother got diagnosed with leukaemia again. Its been ruled out to use his stem cells for further treatment so we’re looking for a donor match. We are all adopted from Thailand so no direct family in the area and no possible matchhes within the family.. we need an (Asian) stem cell donor and need to create awareness about the shortage of stem cell donors in general, and especially for minorities. I’m working on a big international campaign with my brother and our friends to get people worldwide to register as a stem cell donor. When the time is right, would you pls help me spreading the word?

Other than this message I wont disturb the boards with this.

:heart::heart:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
IMO the only player that had a so-so to bad game was Nemeth. Very much at fault on the 2nd goal and at least 5 icings.

Personally I hope to not see him on the roster next season or if so in a very limited 3rd pairing PK role.
Yah he had one pass that was 30 feet behind MacKinnon and led to an icing. He iced it again on the next pass. He's a waiver pick up, and has been mostly solid.

The avs will have more skilled defensemen than they know what to do with sooner than later.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
He for sure isn't without flaws but I try to focus on the things Nemeth do well and I am almost 100% sure he will get a new contract and a raise otherwise it would be a huge surprise. Looks like several of you guys are up for a disappointment...

Nemeth had most icetime of all Avs defenders vs the Blues and second on the team after MacKinnon. For the season he ended up as third in TOI for the Avs (defenders), more than Zadorov, fourth overall on the team.

Season stats:
4th NHL pk time/game
11th NHL +- stats
5th NHL in blocked shots in total, NHL top three in blocked shots/game

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He for sure isn't without flaws but I try to focus on the things Nemeth do well and I am almost 100% sure he will get a new contract and a raise otherwise it would be a huge surprise. Looks like several of you guys are up for a disappointment...

Nemeth had most icetime of all Avs defenders vs the Blues and second on the team after MacKinnon.

Season stats:
4th NHL pk time/game
11th NHL +- stats
5th NHL in blocked shots in total, NHL top three in blocked shots/game
I don't really have an issue with it. It looks like we are going to be developing our prospects, and not trading for any Dmen, so we can use all the help we can get. Hopefully he works on his breakout passes and PK clearing.

Reactions: Murzu and MarkT

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yah he had one pass that was 30 feet behind MacKinnon and led to an icing. He iced it again on the next pass. He's a waiver pick up, and has been mostly solid.

The avs will have more skilled defensemen than they know what to do with sooner than later.
Yeah for sure, I don't expect much from him and has exceeded the expectations of a waiver pick up. But I really hope we can find a better alternative to him for next season. He is like a reincarnation of Ryan O'Bryne but somehow manages to ice the puck at an even more alarming rate.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This was a fun one to watch. So many guys stepped up and the crowd was awesome.

Landeskog was the best player on the ice and he came up big when they really needed it.

I thought MacKinnon had a great game from start to finish. He was driving the play and even throwing his weight around a bit. That was a good way to close out what will hopefully be a MVP season. He deserves it.

I don't even know what to say about Girard. He might've saved his best performance for the biggest game of the season. It was awesome to see him get named first star and get some recognition. He's only 19 years old too!

I really liked Jost's game as well. He had a couple of scoring chances that were largely created by him and I loved some of the extracurricular stuff. The Blues were clearly annoyed by him.

Even the bald-headed **** came through. I don't believe for one second he was trying to pass to Girard on his goal but still a nice play. He also had two big hits and some solid defensive plays.

Playoffs time!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This makes me all kinds of happy in dark days. Really not the topic/place for this but could i ask my fellow avs fans here a favor?

My little brother got diagnosed with leukaemia again. Its been ruled out to use his stem cells for further treatment so we’re looking for a donor match. We are all adopted from Thailand so no direct family in the area and no possible matchhes within the family.. we need an (Asian) stem cell donor and need to create awareness about the shortage of stem cell donors in general, and especially for minorities. I’m working on a big international campaign with my brother and our friends to get people worldwide to register as a stem cell donor. When the time is right, would you pls help me spreading the word?

Other than this message I wont disturb the boards with this.

:heart::heart:

Definitely, PM me or whatever if they don't let you make a post about it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...ther-game-folks.2474439/page-22#post-14422636

This post I just made over in the Blues forum sums up my feelings about this developing rivalry. It's bound to be a big one for both teams now.

I don't really feel much of a rivalry with the Blues. The Wild, yes. The Jets, in time. But since Backes left I no longer have any ill will towards the Blues.

Reactions: Murzu and arun

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
It won't be any surprise if they end up keeping Nemeth, I can't imagine he'll hold out for some huge sum, so if he gets signed for 1-2 years at a reasonable amount, fine.

If Barberio could teach him the fine art of the chip shot into the neutral zone so he's not rifling the damned thing every chance he gets that'll take care of one insufferable aspect of his game at least.

Among the bottom-pairing guys, I don't expect Dunk to be back, I wouldn't mind Alt sticking around, ultimately I hope we see a Meloche/Girard pairing next season, but not sure if he's ready yet.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I don't really feel much of a rivalry with the Blues. The Wild, yes. The Jets, in time. But since Backes left I no longer have any ill will towards the Blues.

I disagree. The setup is there. We had a game last night that both teams needed to win for postseason eligibility. Both teams are still part of the same division. And both teams represent home cities of major brewing companies - Coors in Denver, Anheuser-Busch in STL. Avs-Blues has all the ingredients it needs to be a major rivalry for both teams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I disagree. The setup is there. We had a game last night that both teams needed to win for postseason eligibility. Both teams are still part of the same division. And both teams represent home cities of major brewing companies - Coors in Denver, Anheuser-Busch in STL. Avs-Blues has all the ingredients it needs to be a major rivalry for both teams.

Maybe, but there's no animosity now that Backes is gone, like there is with Minny, and there's not that sense that we're both in similar stages and going to butt heads for years, like there is with Winnipeg. So even if the pieces are all there, the heart isn't.

At least not at this point.

Reactions: Murzu and MarkT

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs need to have sustained success in order to have an actual rival. The hate is strong in Minny but it don't mean a thing if the Avs show up for the postseason three times every decade or so. It needs to be more. Even the Broncos/Raiders rivalry was more or less an afterthought while they wallowed in the NFL's basement post-Super Bowl. I suppose that one just received a big shot in the arm thanks to one disgruntled punter. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We'll see if a playoff series amps things up against the Preds. It's hard to play a team in a 7 game series and not find things about them to piss you off.

True, I like them...for now. But I also didn't mind the Filth before Barrie took a Cooke to the knee...

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Wow that so reminds me of Gary Roberts back in the 2008 finals. Pittsburgh had been down 3-1 against Detroit in game 6. Hossa scores with 90 seconds left to bring the Pens to within one. Pittsburgh goes wild. The camera pans to the Pens bench and all the players are cheering. All except Gary Roberts, who is looking miserable. Detroit won the cup in that game.

You can see it in this video:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

So, I shouldn’t be there already? Because the aftermath of Zadorov TKO’ing Sheifele last year has me hoping for him, or anyone to do the same to “tough guys” Jump You From Behind Trouba & Sucker Punch You From Your Blindside Laine, but then, I’m a spiteful, terrible person like that...I’d be embarrassed if one or multiple Avs players reacted to a hit like that.

Reactions: Murzu and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->