GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That was a happy locker room. Mikko was hugging literally everyone. There was Finnish media there to talk to him. While I was listening to Landy talk, I made eye contact with Barberio and he just said "this is the best feeling ever". We got to talking and that's a well spoken dude. Really nice. Talked about how much everyone loves each other.

I don't think this team has much of a chance against Nashville, but who cares? Nobody expected this. The Nashville scout that was at the game tonight said they were expecting it to be St. Louis.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That was a happy locker room. Mikko was hugging literally everyone. There was Finnish media there to talk to him. While I was listening to Landy talk, I made eye contact with Barberio and he just said "this is the best feeling ever". We got to talking and that's a well spoken dude. Really nice. Talked about how much everyone loves each other.

I don't think this team has much of a chance against Nashville, but who cares? Nobody expected this. The Nashville scout that was at the game tonight said they were expecting it to be St. Louis.
How good this is for the team cannot be understated. I mean, if they miss, at least they tried, but the experience of coming together as a group and accomplishing something NOBODY outside the room believed you could do is worth more than anything. Let's hope that group sticks together for a while.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

It's disappointment speaking, but when you are the captain you need to be above such silliness.

giphy.gif

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Duchene had a 27 goal, 59 point season on a basement team when all was said and done. He's still a good player and while it sucks that he left the way he did it was ultimately in the service of us getting a gem of a player in Girard and a basket of other amazing goodies along with it. I hope that after Ottawa bottoms out again next year he goes UFA and enjoys some success with a contender.

He also showed up w/ the right attitude this year, & was generally a positive asset to the team leading up to his trade. I don’t like how his final chapter in Denver played out, and I don’t care if others hold a grudge against him, but he put on his bucket & did his job during his final stint w/ Colorado. I couldn’t have asked anything more of him in that regard, thus I wish him well, unless he’s playing the Avs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Final post before I'm out for the night: I had a thought that I think proves that there are hockey gods. Look at the goals that the Avs scored tonight and it is a perfect parallel for how the whole season played out.

1: Sam Girard starts everything off.

2: Tyson Barrie on the PP

3: Nathan MacKinnon in the middle with an individual effort.

4: Landeskog comes up big when you need him most.

5: The Soderberg line salts it away for good measure.

Poetry.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
There are a few Blues fans wanting Pietrangelo to be stripped of the captaincy and have it given to Brayden Schenn.

That said, it's got to be the disappointment speaking. But I wonder what his thoughts were on the goal the Avs had taken away earlier in the season that was *technically* a legal goal. Bet he had no issues with Toronto's/refs ruling there.

They should give it to Steen.

Reactions: Murzu

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
On a game related note - I hate Alex Steen. Like, really hate the guy. He's one of the most sneaky dirty players in the league but one of those players that gets absolutely furious when you give it back to him.

I know this team could use more snarl and harder players to play against, but I cannot fathom cheering for a player like that.

Maybe first time ever I've heard
/read somebody saying bad things about Steen, for me he is all class.

Reactions: Murzu

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Man, this team is legitimately going to be scary in a couple of years. Sam Girard has as much poise as any 19 year old defenseman I've ever seen. I have no idea what his ceiling is, but if this is his floor... Wow

Also I'd just like to give Sven Andrighetto a bit of credit, he's been fantastic these last few games. Starting to believe in him again as a 2nd line player in the future. He made some good things happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad