GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
How about Matt Nieto quietly having a 15 goal season? Not bad for a waiver pickup who was written off as an undersized 4th line energy guy.

Barbeiro, Nemeth and Nieto are all good waiver pickups. They are legitimate NHL regulars. Somewhat limited but still NHLers. Credit to Sakic and the scouts for all of them.

Nieto and Nemeth are probably guys Avs will re-sign as well.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It's not a perfect comparison, but I think a comparison for Girard is Dan Boyle. Undersized guy with great skating and straight ice in his veins.

Girard will probably never be elite in his own end like Boyle was, but just a comparison to think about.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I remember hearing those type of stats in the offseason and thinking how impossible it’d be to have that type of turnaround. Sure is great to be on the right side of history this year.

Edit: And thank god this is a happy hangover. Good lord that was a lot of beer and tequila. I feel like trash.

Last edited:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
A quick thought on those who think the board is getting a little out of hand on the Duchene hate; The guy pretty much said he is too good for this team and deserves better. I don't think there has been a more insulting departure from the Avs. Of course we as fans are going to gloat about the fact he wanted playoff hockey went somewhere else and didn't get it. I don't hate Duchene, he was a good Avs player and bled burgundy for the majority of his time in Colorado, but it was him who didn't want to be in Colorado, and he is paying the price for that now. This board doesn't owe him anything, especially approval of his decision. Sure, calling him a whiny little sissy is unnecessary, but I'm enjoying all the photoshops and memes regarding the situation.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Had to miss this one last night. I bought tickets to see Aladdin at the DPAC for my girlfriend for Christmas, and it just so happens the show fell on the same night as the most important game of the season. Anyway, Altitude showed the game again this morning from 3-6am, so I stayed up for that. This team is something else... I’m so glad the players are getting rewarded for toughing it through the down years. Go Avs Go!

Also, goodnight.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I have to admit, and i'm not even ashamed of it, but i cried a little.

giphy.gif

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Also, GBork isn't very skilled, but he would run through a brick wall. Love having a couple of guys like that on your team. Guaranteed everyone in the room loves the guy.

I loved that play when he gave his stick to a defender then rushed out to the point and dove to block a shot. You need guys who are willing to do that.

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
Had to miss this one last night. I bought tickets to see Aladdin at the DPAC for my girlfriend for Christmas, and it just so happens the show fell on the same night as the most important game of the season. Anyway, Altitude showed the game again this morning from 3-6am, so I stayed up for that. This team is something else... I’m so glad the players are getting rewarded for toughing it through the down years. Go Avs Go!

Also, goodnight.

How was the show?

Reactions: cgf and Murzu

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Also, goodnight.

I would've ditched Aladdin and went to the game.

This is why I'm single.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Jared Bednar had one of the best coaching performances Ive seen in a while. Some one else mentioned this but with St. Louis fatigued on a back to back he knew he could shorten his lineup to 3 lines and they would have enough energy to match the Blues. Then whenever momentum started to shift in the Blues favor he would toss out a fully rested 4th line that would completely outwork whichever line St. Louis had out, energize the crowd and shift the momentum back towards the Avs. That 3rd period he managed the team perfectly rolling each of the 4 lines 30 seconds evenly against a fatigued team. In the 3rd period no matter what line was out for the Blues the Avs had a fully rested and energized line capable of outworking the opposition. Intelligent coach pulled off a perfect game plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad