GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It's disappointment speaking, but when you are the captain you need to be above such silliness.

There are a few Blues fans wanting Pietrangelo to be stripped of the captaincy and have it given to Brayden Schenn.

That said, it's got to be the disappointment speaking. But I wonder what his thoughts were on the goal the Avs had taken away earlier in the season that was *technically* a legal goal. Bet he had no issues with Toronto's/refs ruling there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Look at how happy the best #1 overall pick on our roster is

DaO-_hwVwAEHCct.jpg
He's going to look so damn good in a Canucks jersey next season, don't you think?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Landy, Barrie, and Ej stuck through the crap years through thick and thin. Duchene being a “huge fan of the avs” bailed when the tough times came. I do not miss that country music loving sissy one bit. I don’t want someone on my team that reacts to a bad season like that. Go see another counselor duchene, you’re gonna need another one after this season you weak minded *****.

Was a huge fan of his before this drama went down. I have a jersey of his as well that I’m willing to give away for 5 bucks at this point

I'll take that $5 Duchene jersey off your hands :laugh:

I don't hate Duchene, I actually still like him; but I don't blame any fan that's had enough of his shit either. Honestly, this team needed a spark, something to light a fire under their asses. The Duchene situation did that, if he didn't want out I highly doubt Sakic would've traded him and we'd still be in the land of mediocrity and lottery picks.

As great as Duchene is, I don't want him back on this team but I'll still root for him as long as he doesn't play for the Mild.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a turnaround season this team has had. So impressive to go from dead last to the playoffs. So few teams have been able to pull that off.

What a game by the Captain. From his hit off the opening faceoff till his ice water in his veins, dead center lob for the EN to clinch the playoffs. He left absolutely everything out there. I stood up watching that puck fly through the air, but I’m pretty sure I left my jaw hanging on the floor. What a moment.

Nate was looking like the old Nate all night. Pushing the play and driving towards the net with the puck. Got a little lucky with his shot going off the D man’s stick, but he still took the shot and it found the net.

Bernie with a massive game. Clearly still sick but fought through it all night, and looked great. Only a couple issues with rebounds, but cleaned it up for the most part. Made some really great timely saves that and held the fort when they needed him. He’s gonna have to take a look at his short side positioning though. I saw plenty of net open just over his pad and below his glove all night when he would go down in the butterfly and lean against the post. Luckily none of the Blues saw it because they didn’t seem to aim for it.

Comeau finally comes through with a good veteran style game. Easily his best in the last month or so. Good for him to come up when the team needed it the most.

Barrie and Girard with huge clutch goals. That first one from G was almost a necessity, as this absolutely needs the first one to win. That celly was so awesome to watch. Barrie’s goal was almost just as big to regain that two goal lead and take the pressure off.

With the lack of secondary scoring lately, it was imperative that someone on the blueline stepped up offensively and they made it happen.

Mikko is clearly banged up. I don't think he's just sick if he is. He was having a lot of trouble handling pucks and battling physically in this game, but he was skating well. Hopefully he can heal up soon.

I don’t know if that puck was in or out on the offsides, but it was so close I’m not sure they can overturn it. There was just too much snow on the ice to really tell for sure.

One of the most nerve racking games I’ve ever watched. That third period, and those final few minutes 6 on 5, I’m not sure I took a breath.

That was the kind of game you play when you want it. This whole season, and playoffs aside, just that game alone was a huge learning experience for this young team. Now they know how they have to play in big game situations, and they also know they can do it with their season on the line. Well done! :clap:

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
As far as the offside goes...I absolutely think it was the wrong call, it really felt like payback for the disallowed goal in October. But yeah, that Lando said that I'd be pretty irritated with him.

Reactions: Murzu

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Duchene had a 27 goal, 59 point season on a basement team when all was said and done. He's still a good player and while it sucks that he left the way he did it was ultimately in the service of us getting a gem of a player in Girard and a basket of other amazing goodies along with it. I hope that after Ottawa bottoms out again next year he goes UFA and enjoys some success with a contender.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The universe has a way of balancing things out doesnt it. Tonight was further proof of that. NHL jobbed us in October against the Blues and well tonight...
Exactly what I thought, not sure if the call was right tonight or not it is very close. But the refs really blew that call earlier in the year. It's funny how those things tend to even out over time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
View attachment 111263
SEPH has a crush: confirmed :sarcasm:
Just wait until our first date. We're going to go on the Hurricanes board. Just the two of us, a glass of Japanese whiskey (aged of course), while we're going to be @Surrounded By Ahos which is rumoured to produce melody as beautiful as you'll ever hear, and watch the fireworks of Thomas Dundon become the Mark Cuban of the NHL. I'll capture your heart on the first date with that (and because I have a master ball, but don't worry about that).

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As far as the offside goes...I absolutely think it was the wrong call, it really felt like payback for the disallowed goal in October. But yeah, that Lando said that I'd be pretty irritated with him.
To me, that looks like onside by a hair. The puck has to COMPLETELY leave the zone, just like a goal has to completely cross the line. There was a bare quarter inch of puck sitting on the blue line, but it was there.

Reactions: Murzu and Weast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad