GDT: Game 82: Blues @ Avs |4/7 7pm MT|Just win a game please

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
So glad duchene is off the team. One persons negativity can affect an entire group. I’m not saying he’s the cause of last season at all but the guy gave up on us and it’s such beautiful karma that he’s at home watching us in the playoffs.

Plus Sam girard as the first star is even more of a f*** you to that fragile emotional porcelain doll

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
So glad duchene is off the team. One persons negativity can affect an entire group. I’m not saying he’s the cause of last season at all but the guy gave up on us and it’s such beautiful karma that he’s at home watching us in the playoffs.

Plus Sam girard as the first star is even more of a **** you to that fragile porcelain doll

like i said before, guy was a cancerous herpes sore. It's not a coincidence, what happened after that swap - for both teams.

this group of guys got it done. led tonight by a 19 year old rookie frenchman. i'm so hype tonight.

Reactions: Murzu

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think 25% of the reason im happy the guys made the playoffs is because Matt Duchene wanted off this team....to make the playoffs. This is a close team and you can tell they are without even being in that room. This 4th shot of tequila is for Matt Duchene. Thanks for Sam Girard pal have fun in Haliburton this summer.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well now that I've some time to come down from that game. All I can say is wow! They pulled it out, and it's a great felling.

I will fully admit that Landeskog was the best player on the ice tonight. He gave it everything and I'm very happy with that performance when we needed it most. That's what a good captain does and very happy to see him play that way.

Bernier came up huge, I don't trust him but he made it happen tonight and that is just awesome.

Girard is a beast, there is nothing else to say. He balled out tonight, scoring, hitting, blocking shots, making dudes miss him and have them go crashing into the boards face first. I liked Duchene a lot and was sad to see him go, but even if nothing else comes of that trade, we still got a huge piece of our future. That guy has top pairing potential all over him.

MacKinnon, he deserves the MVP (Hart), he just took a historically bad team strapped them on his back and carried us to the playoffs. He became the man this season.

The Soderberg line deserves a ton of credit, I thought that Comeau and Soerberg were done after last season but they brought their 'A' games this year, and played hard. Big props to them for not mailing it in this year.

Bednar deserves a huge shout out, he got this team playing a quality brand of hockey and they play well for him. Lots of people in here were way down on him, but I personally think he is a good up and coming coach and the type of coach a young team needs.

Lots of others had big nights as well and would love to mention them all by name but I'd write an epic novel at that point, but I just love how this team never gave up this year. They played hard and earned this opportunity to go play Nashville. I say bring them on, I know they are good, but we are too. So proud of this team, right now.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Found this on reddit :)

R3ipEhF.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene has been really good for Senators. Their season isn't on him, even though it didn't help that he was cold/unlucky for the first month and a half after being traded. He helped send the team spiraling but since then he's been one of the few players doing everything he can to help turn things around.

I absolutely think he and Avs needed to part ways and I think the whole situation with Avs dangling him on the market for ages and he asking for a trade made it a distraction, but I'm not going to hate on Duchene. I hope he'll do well wherever he goes. I hope Avs do better.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I think 25% of the reason im happy the guys made the playoffs is because Matt Duchene wanted off this team....to make the playoffs. This is a close team and you can tell they are without even being in that room. This 4th shot of tequila is for Matt Duchene. Thanks for Sam Girard pal have fun in Haliburton this summer.
Landy, Barrie, and Ej stuck through the crap years through thick and thin. Duchene being a “huge fan of the avs” bailed when the tough times came. I do not miss that country music loving sissy one bit. I don’t want someone on my team that reacts to a bad season like that. Go see another counselor duchene, you’re gonna need another one after this season you weak minded bitch.

Was a huge fan of his before this drama went down. I have a jersey of his as well that I’m willing to give away for 5 bucks at this point

Last edited:

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

remember this?

mack didn't even go for the empty net to hit 40. he just knows he'll eclipse it next year.

Oh my God! I just remembered how bad it felt when Roy left this team suddenly and how far we were from this game 82 and beating the crap out of stl.... Good day to be an Avs fan!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The hate Duchene is getting is a little ridiculous in here. All in all he handled the situation of two years of trade talks pretty well - we didn't find out until after the trade that he'd requested a trade 9 months before, he and his agent did a really good job keeping that one quiet when they could have made things far more uncomfortable in public. The vitriol and spite towards him is almost pathetic.

He's played some really good hockey in Ottawa, he's a very good player. And for the people suggesting this turnaround was due to him leaving...the team was playing well before he left, and MacK kicked off his streak 3 games before he left as well I believe. Duchene is not some cancer.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
The hate Duchene is getting is a little ridiculous in here. All in all he handled the situation of two years of trade talks pretty well - we didn't find out until after the trade that he'd requested a trade 9 months before, he and his agent did a really good job keeping that one quiet when they could have made things far more uncomfortable in public. The vitriol and spite towards him is almost pathetic.

He's played some really good hockey in Ottawa. And for the people suggesting this turnaround was due to him leaving...the team was playing well before he left, and MacK kicked off his streak 3 games before he left as well I believe.

Sometimes, it's just fun to shit on people behind their backs. LETTUCE HAVE IT, IF FOR TONIGHT ONLY

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Congrats ladies and gentlemen. You sure did keep things interesting to the end. But I'm glad to see that you made Keith's goal the other night count (the one with under 10secs to go vs the Blues). Now when is he getting a statue at the Pepsi Center?:sarcasm:

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario

He's played some really good hockey in Ottawa, he's a very good player. And for the people suggesting this turnaround was due to him leaving...the team was playing well before he left, and MacK kicked off his streak 3 games before he left as well I believe. Duchene is not some cancer.

Landy, Barrie, and ej didn’t give up. He did and the end result is so sweet

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Congrats ladies and gentlemen. You sure did keep things interesting to the end. But I'm glad to see that you made Keith's goal the other night count (the one with under 10secs to go vs the Blues). Now when is he getting a statue at the Pepsi Center?:sarcasm:

I don't think he'll get a statue, but we'll probably retire his number :sarcasm:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Landy, Barrie, and ej didn’t give up. He did and the end result is so sweet

On ice they all pretty much did, except EJ maybe. Off ice, no. None of them had 2 years of trade rumors either, albeit Landy did step up and ask Sakic to stay. But that says more about Landy's incredible character than Duchene IMO.

End of the day, Avs are here, they got a great return for Duchene, but that doesn't happen if Duchene was half as bad a character as you make him out to be. He could have gone public with his trade request much sooner and made the whole thing worse for Sakic. He could have sat out like Drouin did. He could have said he wasn't showing up to training camp. He could have dogged it when he did show up. Instead he kept his head down, showed up, saying he was playing for his teammates and the fans, and put up 10 points in 13 games, which might have helped reassure some GMs that he was still a good player and ensured Sakic could pull the return he did. Duchene's tolerance of that mess let Sakic spend almost two years to get the return he wanted. I respect him for all that.

Anyways, apologies for helping take this thread off track further. Avs are in the playoffs :cheers:

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
On ice they all pretty much did, except EJ maybe. Off ice, no. None of them had 2 years of trade rumors either, albeit Landy did step up and ask Sakic to stay. But that says more about Landy's incredible character than Duchene IMO.

End of the day, Avs are here, they got a great return for Duchene, but that doesn't happen if Duchene was half as bad a character as you make him out to be. He could have gone public with his trade request much sooner and made the whole thing worse for Sakic. He could have sat out like Drouin did. He could have said he wasn't showing up to training camp. He could have dogged it when he did show up. Instead he kept his head down, showed up, saying he was playing for his teammates and the fans, and put up 10 points in 13 games, which might have helped reassure some GMs that he was still a good player and ensured Sakic could pull the return he did. Duchene's tolerance of that mess let Sakic spend almost two years to get the return he wanted. I respect him for all that.

Anyways, apologies for helping take this thread off track further. Avs are in the playoffs :cheers:

Playoffs baby:thumbu:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
On a game related note - I hate Alex Steen. Like, really hate the guy. He's one of the most sneaky dirty players in the league but one of those players that gets absolutely furious when you give it back to him.

I know this team could use more snarl and harder players to play against, but I cannot fathom cheering for a player like that.

Reactions: Murzu and BrickAHL

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Also, how good has Jost looked lately? The puck seems to stick to him like a magnet. I'm getting a bit of a Schwartz type vibe from him, which would be awesome.

Jost has been absolutely above and beyond the call of duty. Guy still needs to bulk and work on his skating.

I’m so excited for him next season, he’s gonna be a force, I feel it.

And what about Kerfoot and ghetto? This line has been absolutely electric the last couple games. I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to sign up ghetto for a couple years. Guy is absolutely bringing it down the stretch. Kerfoots vision rivals stastnys. Just gotta build of the rest of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad