Post-Game Talk: Game 73 - Pasta sends the Stars golfing - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 FINAL

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Can't help but love these boys .. Man what a reward for a great season though . Toronto is a very very tough opponent but I am guessing the winner of the series might just be the East represenitive. I really can't give us less them a 50 percent shot against anyone but possibly the Preds and if we make it that far hell I will worry about it than . I wont be on these boards in a leaf series because to me the fan base here is too ready to cry fix but man what a series is coming .

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
At risk of sounding like an old fart...

I was at a bar in Davis Square tonight to catch up with an old friend. Women’s basketball was on half of the TVs and I let it go until about 8:25 and asked for it to be changed to the Bruins. They would “see what they could do”.

So it comes on. I get my refill of wine (it was a Week...I was drinking wine). We had about 4 “last drinks” and I say the bruins are going to come back being down 0-2 so may as well get one more and THEN close the tab. Start coming back. I’m clapping, excited...looking around for an ally. NOPE! Flannel and craft beer (which I love) and emo and skinny jeans and disdain for all mainstream as far as the eye can see. Then they won with that ridiculous goal and I hear someone behind me talking about how great COW-DOO-BIN has been as a goalie this year.

Moral of the story: My dad grew up in Somerville and would literally break things if I told him this story.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Clinched a divisional spot tonight, right?

Yup - Tampa's ahead, and Toronto can knock us down to third, but the next one up is Florida, and they can only get 101 to our 102. The other four Atlantic teams are golfing.

Despite the amazing win, I still think we're fairly effectively sandwiched into second place. We'd definitely have to beat Tampa head-to-head at least once, and probably twice, to have a reasonable shot at the Atlantic. If we were to win both games in regulation, we'd be tied in points and have a game in hand, while going into OT in one game would give them a point ahead, but give us a game. Our schedule's a lot harder than Tampa; they play BUF and ARI, and that alone practically seals the deal.

As far as the leafs, we're ahead 7 points, and have 1 game in hand. Unless we have some kind of epic collapse, we're playing at home the first round. Granted, they only have 1 back-to-back to our 2, and play BUF twice....but making up all those points with just 8 games to go is a tall order.

Reactions: gtbruins

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA

I was at a bar in Davis Square tonight to catch up with an old friend. Women’s basketball was on half of the TVs and I let it go until about 8:25 and asked for it to be changed to the Bruins. They would “see what they could do”.

So it comes on. I get my refill of wine (it was a Week...I was drinking wine). We had about 4 “last drinks” and I say the bruins are going to come back being down 0-2 so may as well get one more and THEN close the tab. Start coming back. I’m clapping, excited...looking around for an ally. NOPE! Flannel and craft beer (which I love) and emo and skinny jeans and disdain for all mainstream as far as the eye can see. Then they won with that ridiculous goal and I hear someone behind me talking about how great COW-DOO-BIN has been as a goalie this year.

Moral of the story: My dad grew up in Somerville and would literally break things if I told him this story.

Thats what you get for going to a bar in... Somerville...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@Kate08 - I gave up on Davis Sq 3 years ago when I could not get the Bruins on at Sligo. :cry:

I have been dealing with basketball snobs in Cambridge and Somerville since the 80's but I also learned the hoop fans are 90% pink hats. What I do know is bar owners have learned the NHL package bring in more business than the NBA does as hockey fans are loyal to their team.

We proved that almost 20 years ago in Harvard Sq

Crimson Sports Grille

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yup - Tampa's ahead, and Toronto can knock us down to third, but the next one up is Florida, and they can only get 101 to our 102. The other four Atlantic teams are golfing.

Despite the amazing win, I still think we're fairly effectively sandwiched into second place. We'd definitely have to beat Tampa head-to-head at least once, and probably twice, to have a reasonable shot at the Atlantic. If we were to win both games in regulation, we'd be tied in points and have a game in hand, while going into OT in one game would give them a point ahead, but give us a game. Our schedule's a lot harder than Tampa; they play BUF and ARI, and that alone practically seals the deal.

As far as the leafs, we're ahead 7 points, and have 1 game in hand. Unless we have some kind of epic collapse, we're playing at home the first round. Granted, they only have 1 back-to-back to our 2, and play BUF twice....but making up all those points with just 8 games to go is a tall order.

In the round of eight, there will only be one Orginal 6 team standing

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

To reference the GDT, it's as if the Bruins shot J.R. ;)

Other than Vancouver Sunday, all of the Stars' remaining games are against teams currently in the playoffs; and none against the the Blues or Avalanche, who they need to pass.

It wasn't looking good for them to begin with, and getting nothing out of the game against the B's is devastating. They not only need to beat teams fighting for playoff positioning, they need St. Louis and Colorado to lose, preferably in regulation.

It's definitely not looking good for them.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I admit I bailed out after the 2nd period, shocked to wake up this morning and see that the B's had pulled out another probable win, you just have to love this team. Great way to start the weekend, hopefully we can get this group some more help in the next few days, don't want to run these guys into the ground.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I missed the last two periods (migraine) but just watched the highlights. Another fantastic comeback win and another dagger in the heart of a desperate opponent. They could be sitting back a bit but their mentality is they want to win. I am amazed how they are still rolling along with 7 key players out of the lineup for this many game. The experience gained and the mental fortitude of knowing they can win, no matter the circumstances, will go a long way in the playoffs. Wow, I am so excited!!! How many players are left on that Leafs team that suffered the game 7 collapse?

Reactions: sooshii

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
AwesomE awesome goal by Timmy but I can' t say I love this guy after he scores . I am not sure why he often feels the need to stick it to the fans . He did it worse in Ottawa game 2 last yr. If you are ok with his ,you have to be ok with mcArthur game 6 winning clebration last yr ,personally I don't like either of them.

Reactions: Estlin

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
This old guy went to bed after the first after a long work week quite content if we'd have lost but played well with the depleted lineup. Wake up this morning, check nhl scores watch highlights and holy you know what. This team is amazing

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I missed the last two periods (migraine) but just watched the highlights. Another fantastic comeback win and another dagger in the heart of a desperate opponent. They could be sitting back a bit but their mentality is they want to win. I am amazed how they are still rolling along with 7 key players out of the lineup for this many game. The experience gained and the mental fortitude of knowing they can win, no matter the circumstances, will go a long way in the playoffs. Wow, I am so excited!!! How many players are left on that Leafs team that suffered the game 7 collapse?
Great question, I' guess about four off hand JVR, Bozak, I seem to remember Komorov having a bit of a scrap and I think Gardiner was around . Oops how did I forget Kadri lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad