Post-Game Talk: Game 73 - Pasta sends the Stars golfing - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 FINAL

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That's some "in a zone" type of **** right there. Cassidy's instincts have been spot on all season. Hope it lasts through the playoffs.
This is why I think he should win the Jack Adams trophy and not Gallant. Sure Gallant did amazing things but had he won games with 7 starters missing (4 of them top players)?

Cassidy won’t win but I think he should.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Another amazing comeback,but really wish they would stop getting behind,it won’t be a recipe for success come playoffs.The game seven against the Leafs was a rarity.But I guess with all the injuries it’s amazing they can win anyway.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I invited my brother over for dinner and to watch the game with me, so naturally I was way behind on the GDT and was reading after the win. Of everything that happened during that game, the most amazing thing was when the call went up on these boards for a Tim Schaller goal, he magically responded to tie the game. Any lurking Dallas fans had to know the game was lost at that point.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Just keep being impressed by this team. Didn't think they had a comeback in them after the 2nd but kept watching just in case since Lehtonen didn't look that great. Good to get the 2 points now since even the best Bruins teams can never beat Minnesota for some reason.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I invited my brother over for dinner and to watch the game with me, so naturally I was way behind on the GDT and was reading after the win. Of everything that happened during that game, the most amazing thing was when the call went up on these boards for a Tim Schaller goal, he magically responded to tie the game. Any lurking Dallas fans had to know the game was lost at that point.

And for my next trick I'll make sure it is another 25 years before the Habs win a Cup :naughty:

Actually it wasn't just me, Grimey called it too although this is the third time this season I've called a Schaller goal.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I love this team. From top to bottom on D, in net, and in forwards

I don't know how far they're going in the postseason. That depends on who comes back and how ready they are to play all together again. Rust is going to be a concern whether we like it or not; maybe not with Bergy or Chara exactly, but with Debrusk, if he's ready to go, I am a bit worried about what that'll do to his game. Charlie's as well.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Just when I thought that maybe these guys are a little gased. They win another game in dramatic fashion.

I was really glad to see that, especially when the Stars (Benn) were taking runs at the Bruins all night.

PK was solid for the entire game and Rask did what he had to do.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Once upon a time, they were called "barnies (actually, "bah-nees")" by the locals because they looked like they lived in barns. It kills me, but the old school townie is basically a vanishing breed inside 128. Hell, I can't come close to affording it, which is why I'm all the way out in Foxboro.

Go Bruins.

Townies are sadly a thing of the past in metro Boston area and the surrounding towns.

I grew up in Milton, and a lot of the kids in my grade had parents who grew up there, my mother included. I'd love to move back, but it's impossible to afford to live there. THe cheapest house I've found that's not on Blue Hill Ave, was $499K, and it was the size of my hosue now, which I paid 215 for...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Townies are sadly a thing of the past in metro Boston area and the surrounding towns.

I grew up in Milton, and a lot of the kids in my grade had parents who grew up there, my mother included. I'd love to move back, but it's impossible to afford to live there. THe cheapest house I've found that's not on Blue Hill Ave, was $499K, and it was the size of my hosue now, which I paid 215 for...

If I had a ton a cash Id get a house in the Lexington Arlington area.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I love this team. From top to bottom on D, in net, and in forwards

I don't know how far they're going in the postseason. That depends on who comes back and how ready they are to play all together again. Rust is going to be a concern whether we like it or not; maybe not with Bergy or Chara exactly, but with Debrusk, if he's ready to go, I am a bit worried about what that'll do to his game. Charlie's as well.

When a 21 year old top 4 RHD seems to be the new whipping boy around here you know things are good.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

Try living in Vancouver! Minimum price for a house in the city is $1,000,000. Crappy rebuild houses go for $2 million+ very often.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
Ive watched the Pasta goal at least 10000 times. I want to see the reaction from every single Stars fan.

Yes, I realize that I am a psychopath.

I must be a psychopath, too, then haha. I love seeing the fan reactions as well. That guy who looked like he momentarily didn't know what planet he was on at the end of the NESN feed was great. Nothing will ever match the "Sad Montreal Guy" after Game 7 in 2011, though. I still can see his expression in my mind to this day and it still makes me laugh.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't get how he's a 40 goal scorer. Every time I watch him it's the same player who stunk in 2013.

I've felt that way too. Granted I don;t watch a ton of Stars games, but I'm always surprised by his totals, because when I watch him, I don't notice him a ton. I notice Benn WAY more than Seguin.

Decided to look at some splits for him.

Against the 18 teams currently in playoffs, or fighting for last spot (9 per conference):

43 GP, 18G, 20A for 38 points and a -9. Average of .88 PPG

Take COL out of that who he's destroyed this season, and he's at 38 GP, 15G, 15A for 32 points and a -12. Average of .84PPG.

Against non-playoff teams:
32GP, 21G, 12A for 33 points, and a +16. Average of 1.03PPG.

Numbers don't seem totally out of whack in regards to good vs bad competition, so who knows.

Has a ton of skill and is a very very good hockey player, and it was stupid to trade him, but I'm not sure he can be "the guy" on a contender though.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Try living in Vancouver! Minimum price for a house in the city is $1,000,000. Crappy rebuild houses go for $2 million+ very often.
Yeah that's rough, but it's no different in Boston, or really any major Northeastern or west coast city.

For instance, my dad used to live in South Boston. He lived 2 blocks from the beach. He sold his house in 2005, for nowhere near the 1 million it's worth now. Still kicking himself over that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad