Post-Game Talk: Game 73 - Pasta sends the Stars golfing - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-3-23_23-42-34.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Douglas MacLean of Sportsnet recently stated that Marchand is his pick for league MVP.
That alone would make it worth watching the awards show.

Well, that and Bergeron winning the Selke again ;)

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
The last few games against teams fighting for a playoff spot have been intense. Yet somehow this depleted Bruins team keeps finding ways to get points and keep themselves within reach of Tampa!
Building some serious resiliency and character along the way. Should bode well for a long playoff run!

Reactions: Strafer

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The GDT got closed before I could post, but someone mentioned the keep at the blue line off that last faceoff in the DAL zone, but didn’t know who kept it in.

It was Grzelcyk, and I’m not certain, but I believe that’s what they may have been looking at before they ruled it a good goal. Think they were checking to make sure Grizz kept that puck in.
Didn’t Fenway just teach me that they review all “last minute” goals for offside? (Kinda arbitrary...)

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Aside from the fact they never seem to be out of a game, what I like most about this team is that they seem to legitimately love playing together.

Of all the pro sports out there that seems to come through in hockey the most. I’m glad I cheer for a team that has it

Nights like this one down so many players don’t happen without that.

Good win B’s!

This right here is very important and quite frankly it seemed to be missing from prior Bruins teams.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Nope--the refs and NHL have essentially put Marchy on "Ignore" :mad: He's fair game--no repercussions for leaving your feet etc.

It's total bull****, but unfortunately it seems to be true!

....this league sure pisses me off.

Thankfully, besides being one of the best players in the NHL, Marchand is also one of the toughest players pound for pound (excluding fighting) in the league.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
It's total bull****, but unfortunately it seems to be true!

....this league sure pisses me off.

Thankfully, besides being one of the best players in the NHL, Marchand is also one of the toughest players pound for pound (excluding fighting) in the league.

The fact that he's going out there at his size, knowing he doesn't have the protection a lot of players of his caliber do as far as the officials are concerned, shows how tough he is mentally.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
1. Rask played unreal tonight. I thought we were in for another half-there effort by him and was expecting to be let-down after the Schaller goal tied the game. I was sorely mistaken. Credit where credit is due - he was a rock for most of the night.

2. Carlo was a standout. It would be awesome if he began to play like he did tonight, in every game from here on out. Many of us have felt that he’s capable of playing like he played tonight and it’s nice to see what we believe is true of him actually come to fruition. He was a force that commanded the ice in his breakouts, made solid decisions in his own end and brought the nasty when needed.

3. Grzelcyk continues to impress with smart simple plays and an innate ability to win board battles in his own end against guys he should have no business matching up against. Keeping the puck in at the end there and also smoothly handling the feed by Krejci on the power play at the top of the point while quickly transitioning his hips for a shot on goal instead of gifting another breakaway to the Stars, were two memorable moments in the game.

4. McQuaid continues to be a warrior for this team. Very happy that he’s on our side here.

5. Marchand continues to get zero love from the officials. As I’ve said a few times here over the past couple of months, teams are being given the green light from the officials to do whatever they want to him without fear of being called for even the more ruthless of acts and cheap shots. It’s very obvious to anyone who has watched these games that they’re universally swallowing their whistles and or turning a blind eye.

6. Pasta and Marchand magic is so exciting to watch. Truly one of the best winger duos in the league.

7. Suck it Felger.

8. Can’t believe that was Dallas at their best where “points were at a premium” for them. They don’t deserve to be in the playoffs after that stanley steamer of an effort. Woof.

9. Cassidy rules. Smart coaching adjustments and brings an exciting brand of hockey. The style that Dallas just deployed was like pulling teeth.

10. This was a statement win and all of the teams in the league were just put on notice. There is no quit in this team, no matter how down and out you may think they are. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This right here is very important and quite frankly it seemed to be missing from prior Bruins teams.
I've only really followed the Bruins since 2013 but this is by far my favorite Bruins team. There is no doubt in my mind that they are a tight group. Remember last year when the whole team took a vacation together when the season ended? How many teams do that??

And I think a lot of that starts at the top with Chara and Bergeron. Think of all the young guys that are learning about leadership from those two.

:heart: Bruins 2017-18 :heart:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
1. Rask played unreal tonight. I thought we were in for another half-there effort by him and was expecting to be let-down after the Schaller goal tied the game. I was sorely mistaken. Credit where credit is due - he was a rock for most of the night.

2. Carlo was a standout. He needs to play like he did tonight, in every game. We’ve all felt he’s been capable of doing so and it’s nice to see what we believe he’s capable of actually playing out in front of us. He was a force that commanded the ice in his breakouts and solid decision making in his own end.

3. Grzelcyk continues to impress with smart simple plays and an innate ability to win board battles against guys he should have no business matching up against. Keeping the puck in at the end there and smoothly handling the feed by Krejci on the power play at the top of the point and quickly transitioning his hips for a shot on goal instead of gifting another breakaway to the Stars were two memorable plays in the game.

4. McQuaid continues to be a warrior for this team. Very happy that he’s on our side here.

5. Marchand continues to get zero love from the officials. As I’ve said a few times here over the past couple of months, teams are being given the green light from the officials to do whatever they want to him without fear of being called for even the more ruthless hits or cheap shots a player can sustain.

6. Pasta and Marchand magic is so exciting to watch. Truly one of the best winger duos in the league.

7. Suck it Felger.

8. Can’t believe that was Dallas at their best, they really don’t deserve to be in the playoffs after that stanley steamer of an effort. Woof.

9. Cassidy rules. Smart coaching adjustments and brings an exciting brand of hockey. That style Dallas just deployed was like pulling teeth.

10. This was a statement win and all of the teams in the league were just put on notice. There is no quit in this team, no matter how down and out you may just think they are. Prove me wrong.

1 Tuukka was awesome
2 Carlo was also being run all night
3 Griz had to fight for those chances
4 Beast
NHL makes no call, go away, nothing to see
6 They almost seem to be pestering each other with chances "come on bro you had that?"
7 gag on it
8 I saw effort
9 OK I'm going to need you to open wide, OK, yea, that's it, I have it
10 Woohoo! Dance Dance Dance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad