Post-Game Talk: Game 73 - Pasta sends the Stars golfing - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 FINAL

Jack218D

Jan 27, 2012
Someone show me a player in the NHL who means more to his team than Marchy at the moment. I don't think you can. He makes as many important assists and goals as anyone in the league. He has been very key during this stretch of injuries.

Maybe MacKinnon in Colorado. But I agree, Marchand is a super star in this league and would be sitting in the top 5 in scoring if not for the suspensions and injuries. He should get MVP consideration, and he should start getting some respect from on ice officials. Another liberty taken by Benn against him.

Reactions: Ladyfan

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
At risk of sounding like an old fart...

I was at a bar in Davis Square tonight to catch up with an old friend. Women’s basketball was on half of the TVs and I let it go until about 8:25 and asked for it to be changed to the Bruins. They would “see what they could do”.

So it comes on. I get my refill of wine (it was a Week...I was drinking wine). We had about 4 “last drinks” and I say the bruins are going to come back being down 0-2 so may as well get one more and THEN close the tab. Start coming back. I’m clapping, excited...looking around for an ally. NOPE! Flannel and craft beer (which I love) and emo and skinny jeans and disdain for all mainstream as far as the eye can see. Then they won with that ridiculous goal and I hear someone behind me talking about how great COW-DOO-BIN has been as a goalie this year.

Moral of the story: My dad grew up in Somerville and would literally break things if I told him this story.

That’s Davis square for you now. Good food, hip bars, lame people.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Maybe MacKinnon in Colorado. But I agree, Marchand is a super star in this league and would be sitting in the top 5 in scoring if not for the suspensions and injuries. He should get MVP consideration, and he should start getting some respect from on ice officials. Another liberty taken by Benn against him.

Player safety acts like a bad parent - they hand out a punishment but then don't have the sense to stop after it has been served. How is this ever going to end? Letting him get run over and over, he is bound to retaliate eventually, who wouldn't? The NHL is clueless when it comes to suspensions. As for MVP, I heard Elliot Friedman saying he won't consider him because he hurts his team when he gets suspended.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m officially out of words to describe the amazement, excitement, pride and respect I have for this team. Wait, I suppose that`s 4 words I have for them. There have been loads of B`s teams in my years that I`ve grown to love, not sure I`ve felt this powerful of a man crush on a group of guys. The fact that they began the season decimated by injury and hung in there ( I`m sure if I went back I`d see I called them down and out, season a loss) and are now in the midst of another stretch with an unreal amount of important roster players missing and aren`t just competing but putting pts up on the board is just insane.

Rask brilliant last night

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Player safety acts like a bad parent - they hand out a punishment but then don't have the sense to stop after it has been served. How is this ever going to end? Letting him get run over and over, he is bound to retaliate eventually, who wouldn't? The NHL is clueless when it comes to suspensions. As for MVP, I heard Elliot Friedman saying he won't consider him because he hurts his team when he gets suspended.

Marchand will never win a major award in the NHL because of his reputation. If not for his suspension, Marchand would be in talks for the MVP. He current trails only MacKinnon is P/GP. IDK it just baffles me some of the stuff that Marchand gets called for, but when he's on the receiving end its fine.

Jack218D

Jan 27, 2012

I see a very troubling trend coming from on ice officials and DoPS.

1. Hornquist hits McAvoy right in the head w/open ice hit. Head is principle point of contact. No call, no supplemental discipline.
2. Krejci gets clocked directly in the head in another open ice hit. Head again is principle point of contact. No call, no supplemental discipline.
3. Marchand, numbers clear and square to the ice, Benn comes from behind, does small leap, hits Marchand from behind and to the head. No call, and I doubt no hearing to follow.

4. Backes has late hit that targets chest of Neilsen, Nielsen gets hit, flings his own head back, 3 game suspension for Backes.
5. Backes CLEANLY hits Troechek, goes through him. Shoulder is principle point of contact, small amount of head contact. Refs over react, Game misconduct and match penalty
6. Marchand has been targeted all year and has endured high hits all season. Marchand farts near a guy, suspension.

How are the Backes hits worthy of a game misconduct, suspension, and a match penalty and the others are not? Can someone explain it to me?

There needs to be a lot more outrage coming from the Boston media, management and fans. As I have said before, we are getting Toronto in the 1st round, and there is going to be a heavy Canadian bias as it pertains to the officiating.

For the record, I do not believe that any of the aforementioned hits should be suspendable offenses, much less a penalty. I just cannot get over the utter bias being displayed.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

1. Hornquist hits McAvoy right in the head w/open ice hit. Head is principle point of contact. No call, no supplemental discipline.
2. Krejci gets clocked directly in the head in another open ice hit. Head again is principle point of contact. No call, no supplemental discipline.
3. Marchand, numbers clear and square to the ice, Benn comes from behind, does small leap, hits Marchand from behind and to the head. No call, and I doubt no hearing to follow.

4. Backes has late hit that targets chest of Neilsen, Nielsen gets hit, flings his own head back, 3 game suspension for Backes.
5. Backes CLEANLY hits Troechek, goes through him. Shoulder is principle point of contact, small amount of head contact. Refs over react, Game misconduct and match penalty
6. Marchand has been targeted all year and has endured high hits all season. Marchand farts near a guy, suspension.

How are the Backes hits worthy of a game misconduct, suspension, and a match penalty and the others are not? Can someone explain it to me?

There needs to be a lot more outrage coming from the Boston media, management and fans. As I have said before, we are getting Toronto in the 1st round, and there is going to be a heavy Canadian bias as it pertains to the officiating.

For the record, I do not believe that any of the aforementioned hits should be suspendable offenses, much less a penalty. I just cannot get over the utter bias being displayed.
I think they're in trouble if they play Toronto. Too much bias.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
At risk of sounding like an old fart...

I was at a bar in Davis Square tonight to catch up with an old friend. Women’s basketball was on half of the TVs and I let it go until about 8:25 and asked for it to be changed to the Bruins. They would “see what they could do”.

So it comes on. I get my refill of wine (it was a Week...I was drinking wine). We had about 4 “last drinks” and I say the bruins are going to come back being down 0-2 so may as well get one more and THEN close the tab. Start coming back. I’m clapping, excited...looking around for an ally. NOPE! Flannel and craft beer (which I love) and emo and skinny jeans and disdain for all mainstream as far as the eye can see. Then they won with that ridiculous goal and I hear someone behind me talking about how great COW-DOO-BIN has been as a goalie this year.

Moral of the story: My dad grew up in Somerville and would literally break things if I told him this story.
Once upon a time, they were called "barnies (actually, "bah-nees")" by the locals because they looked like they lived in barns. It kills me, but the old school townie is basically a vanishing breed inside 128. Hell, I can't come close to affording it, which is why I'm all the way out in Foxboro.

Go Bruins.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

That’s why I don’t want the Leafs in the first round,I think the Bruins can beat the Leafs,but have doubts if they can beat the Leafs and the refs.Really not sure why Bruins management isn’t screaming bloody murder.

Reactions: sarge88

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Just watched highlights, this game started too late for me to watch the whole thing.

Schaller had a filthy goal, I think he might be our best 4th liner since Sugar Sean, the guy just gives 110% and when he gets the opportunity he displays some silky mitts.

Reactions: zaYG

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I was not a fan of Cassidy’s in PRO, but was told by a few people that he was a brilliant coach, just had a “prickly” manner at times, and that he would be good if he made his way back to the NHL.

The move I liked was a subtle one. After the icing, he left 63 and 88 out, but replaced Nash with Krejci with 35 seconds left and the faceoff in the offensive zone.

Goal.

Brilliant move.

David Pastrnak caps Bruins rally to beat Dallas with 11.1 seconds to play

From there, the Stars were pretty much toast. But it took until the waning seconds for the B’s to put them out of their misery. Cassidy switched out Riley Nash for David Krejci on that final shift and the B’s won the faceoff.

“We’re playing to win,” said Cassidy. “Faceoff in their end, Krech is our great offensive centerman. Riley had been out there for about 30 seconds and I thought was a good time to switch out.”

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
I've only really followed the Bruins since 2013 but this is by far my favorite Bruins team. There is no doubt in my mind that they are a tight group. Remember last year when the whole team took a vacation together when the season ended? How many teams do that??

And I think a lot of that starts at the top with Chara and Bergeron. Think of all the young guys that are learning about leadership from those two.

:heart: Bruins 2017-18 :heart:
Well I have been following since 1978 and I can't remember a time when I enjoyed a regular season so much.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
David Pastrnak caps Bruins rally to beat Dallas with 11.1 seconds to play

From there, the Stars were pretty much toast. But it took until the waning seconds for the B’s to put them out of their misery. Cassidy switched out Riley Nash for David Krejci on that final shift and the B’s won the faceoff.

“We’re playing to win,” said Cassidy. “Faceoff in their end, Krech is our great offensive centerman. Riley had been out there for about 30 seconds and I thought was a good time to switch out.”

That's some "in a zone" type of shit right there. Cassidy's instincts have been spot on all season. Hope it lasts through the playoffs.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Watching that goal on replay Pasta was calling for the puck and deflected it off his skate to his stick pretty much in one motion. Incredible goal
Pasta has amazing hands. His slump appears to be ending at the right time.

Marchand is amazing! (I missed his goal but NESN was happy enough to replay). He had an outstanding game and I hate that the refs have declared open season on him because at some point it’s going to go too far.

Great comeback but I wish they would stop digging themselves a hole to climb out of.

This team is resilient and hungry. Two things any team who wants to go far has to have.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad