Post-Game Talk: Game 73 - Pasta sends the Stars golfing - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 FINAL

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Try living in Vancouver! Minimum price for a house in the city is $1,000,000. Crappy rebuild houses go for $2 million+ very often.
Driven by 2 primary factors - safe haven for foreign cash (despite gov't efforts to curb) and lack of development space (surrounded by water, mountains and US border).

The blog below looks at some of this but misses the fact that Canada has one of the highest household debt levels in the world (driven by said house prices) and stagnant income levels (for past 35+ years, inflation adjusted). Won't be pretty when things turn and most youngins today didn't live in the 17%+ mortgage interest rate days of the late 80's when it did get real ugly.

The Average Canadian Household Net Worth Is Huge!

Back to the topic at hand, last nights game -WOW. What a team!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Don't know if it's been mentioned but I thought that goal was a bit of poetic justice because it was very similar to Seguin's winner in Boston earlier this year.

Of course, this one carried the extra weight of snuffing out Dallas' playoff chances so... Pasta wins. :D

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Try living in Vancouver! Minimum price for a house in the city is $1,000,000. Crappy rebuild houses go for $2 million+ very often.

Vancouver is crazy, the island is starting to also get expensive but nothing like the mainland.

Go Bruins, Pasta is amazing already his career high in points with 72.

Bergeron and Krug might/should be back on Sunday.

Things are looking up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
:madfire:
:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:
I get so angry at the way the NHL is treating Brad.

Something needs to be done.

The double-standard now being directed at Brad Marchand by the league and it's officials is making me angry.

It also gave me a little bit of extra joy last night when after seeing Benn hammer both Marchand and Pastrnak, they come out and combine on that clutch last second winning goal.

In my brief minor hockey coaching experience, I often used to utilize crooked or shady officiating (which was common place on road games) as a rallying point for my players. It w as us against the world mentality, worked well to get the players fired up.

I wonder if the collective F-* the NHL and it's officials have given the Bruins lately has helped galvanize this Bruins team even further.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The double-standard now being directed at Brad Marchand by the league and it's officials is making me angry.

It also gave me a little bit of extra joy last night when after seeing Benn hammer both Marchand and Pastrnak, they come out and combine on that clutch last second winning goal.

In my brief minor hockey coaching experience, I often used to utilize crooked or shady officiating (which was common place on road games) as a rallying point for my players. It w as us against the world mentality, worked well to get the players fired up.

I wonder if the collective F-* the NHL and it's officials have given the Bruins lately has helped galvanize this Bruins team even further.
Brad will get an injury soon if this keeps up.

The management of the B's needs to step up and fix this. It is beyond ridiculous and pathetic . I guess the dept of player safety means everyone BUT Brad Marchand. I am really pissed off about this.

I know I am not supposed to tell the guys in stripes off as they walk by me but I will if this happens at home.

Maybe we as fans can start something ? Ideas ? Is there a phone # we ALL can call ???

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As Jack said it is open season on Brad and until the NHL whacks somebody that hit him it will not stop.

Sportsnet Canada posted the video of it which means everybody in the NHL is aware now.
Fenway...What can be done ??

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
As Jack said it is open season on Brad and until the NHL whacks somebody that hit him it will not stop.

Sportsnet Canada posted the video of it which means everybody in the NHL is aware now.
The refs are now not protecting him and he can't protect himself anymore either because everything he can or has done is a suspension for him.

Reactions: Thrive

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
NHL likes to "protect the stars" right? Well, time to start protecting one of your stars in Brad Marchand. Save me the, "He made his bed, now he must lie in it," bullshit. I couldn't give a flying f*** about any of that. What are we doing here? Protecting the players or picking and choosing who we protect? It's absolute amateur hour from this league. Marchand has a brutal past, and a history...Tough f***ing shit. They should have sacked up and did something about it then. Give me a break with the Brad Marchand Double Standards. He's a player in this league, a star player, and it's time to give him the same respect, the other stars get.

NHL picks and chooses who has a history and who does not. Another example last night with Jamie Benn. The guy is an all-world player, but he's also a dirty POS. Do something about it instead of turning the other way because he hit Marchand. f***ing sickening.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Ive watched the Pasta goal at least 10000 times. I want to see the reaction from every single Stars fan.

Yes, I realize that I am a psychopath.

Now you've got me replaying that Pasta goal over and over.:laugh:

What a smart play by Marchand after getting spilled on his butt to get up and make a nice pass to Pasta with only seconds left in the period.

...Brad has ice water in his veins, and Pasta is starting to look very dangerous lately.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
NHL likes to "protect the stars" right? Well, time to start protecting one of your stars in Brad Marchand. Save me the, "He made his bed, now he must lie in it," bull****. I couldn't give a flying **** about any of that. What are we doing here? Protecting the players or picking and choosing who we protect? It's absolute amateur hour from this league. Marchand has a brutal past, and a history...Tough ****ing ****. They should have sacked up and did something about it then. Give me a break with the Brad Marchand Double Standards. He's a player in this league, a star player, and it's time to give him the same respect, the other stars get.

NHL picks and chooses who has a history and who does not. Another example last night with Jamie Benn. The guy is an all-world player, but he's also a dirty POS. Do something about it instead of turning the other way because he hit Marchand. ****ing sickening.

I think the league has no issues with dirty hits on bruins players. I bet they secretly cheer it bc they hate the bruins

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The refs are now not protecting him and he can't protect himself anymore either because everything he can or has done is a suspension for him.
Doesn’t seem Bruins management cares either or they would be speaking out.Dont be so dam cheap,take a fine stick up for your players Cam,Don.Its either that or get themselves a goon.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I finally had a chance to read the GDT thread and it was funny seeing all the 'hit people' and 'fight' posts. A couple people in there replied how that's not the modern NHL or this Bruins team which is true.

This team scores goals and wins games.

Defenseman ToI:
25:31 - Holden
24:35 - Grzelcyk
23:33 - Miller
17:45 - Carlo
15:52 - McQuaid
9:41 - Postma

Holden has been OK but several times he was out at the blue line chasing a man instead of handing that attacking player over to a teammate and retreating back towards the goal line. It didn't cost him or the Bruins during the game but it will if he doesn't correct this. At times, he's playing as if he was still with the Rangers.

I just don't understand the call-ups the Bruins made with Postma and Szwarz (5:34 ToI). These are emergency call-ups so they bypass waivers (10 days or 10 games, I forget which it transitions from Emergency to regular if they are kept up) so they could bring up Czarnik and send him back down without loosing him. Or, they could see how Fitzgerald's game applies to the NHL. I understand Cehlarik is just returning from injury so they want him to get up to game shape first but Fitzgerald is playing excellent hockey as a 23 year old rookie down there.
And Postma is just awful. By all accounts, Johansson and Zboril could fill in better on the left side than Postma while giving you a first look at how they may perform next year. I'd like to see Johansson if for no other reason than to complete the 2014 set of draft picks to have played in the NHL.
Speaking of 2014, all the injuries mean 3 of the Bruins top 4 wingers come from this one draft class right now.

Pasta and Heinen appear to be coming out of their late season slumps at the right time.

I'm glad we get to see Grzelcyk playing against top opposing players and over 20 minutes a night recently. If he keeps this level of play up while the rest of the D are injured, he will be making a compelling case to be McAvoy's LD partner next year. When I watched them together at BU a couple years ago, the 2 things that stood out about his game were his passing and calmness. He was the best passer on the team (McAvoy is better now in the NHL) and would routinely hit forwards with 100-150' passes. I'd also see him get the puck right in front of his own crease and instead of immediately trying to dump the puck out, he kept calm with the puck on his stick and look to make a safe pass. If it was McAvoy at the other side of the crease, he would pass it to him right in front of opposing players and McAvoy would then get the puck out of the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad