GDT: Game 73 - Avs @ Wild - On the Table - 6PM

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Lets hope Grubauer continues his solid play, Varlamov is not the answer and should sit the rest of the season.

I’d imagine Varly will get one of the STL/EDM b2b. And I’d say one of the CHI b2b this weekend, but since the first game is an early game I’d say they leave it up to Grubauer if he wants to play both.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
I’d imagine Varly will get one of the STL/EDM b2b. And I’d say one of the CHI b2b this weekend, but since the first game is an early game I’d say they leave it up to Grubauer if he wants to play both.

When is a competitive goalie ever going to say no thanks, I don't want to play tonight???
Varly has done well against Chicago, so he gets one of those games this weekend. Beyond that, we will see.

Reactions: Avs

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
f*** you Avs. Just f*** you.

SilverGreedyFinch-size_restricted.gif

A$$HOLES. Now i have hope again.

Reactions: Foppa2118

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Great game, by everyone except one guy who I'm going to call out. And that is Kerfoot.

Anyone who watched last night's game knows why this guy shouldn't be in the NHL. He was easily the worst player on the ice for both teams.

I was actually more comfortable when Bourque was out there. Just simple mistake after simple mistake for Kerfoot. When you can't clear the puck standing 3ft from the blueline in full control and you turn it over you aren't an NHL player. He did that 4 times last night.

If I was coach he'd been benched after the first one. Biggest game of the year and he can't make simple clears. Could have easily cost us 2-3 goals due to his inability to clear which caused mad scrambles around the zone.

Greer should sub in for him IMO. But our dumbass coach will probably reward Kerfoot with more playing time. It's like the dumbass is trying to get himself fired.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs are just gonna torture us aren't they? Wish they were sitting solid in a playoff position or just been mathematically out of it right now. Basically there is just one spot Avs are fighting for with Phoenix, Minnesota and Chicago, Avs have a harder schedule than Phoenix and don't have tie breaker against the Wild or the Yotes. It's still gonna be extremely difficult to make it

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Great game, by everyone except one guy who I'm going to call out. And that is Kerfoot.

Anyone who watched last night's game knows why this guy shouldn't be in the NHL. He was easily the worst player on the ice for both teams.

I was actually more comfortable when Bourque was out there. Just simple mistake after simple mistake for Kerfoot. When you can't clear the puck standing 3ft from the blueline in full control and you turn it over you aren't an NHL player. He did that 4 times last night.

If I was coach he'd been benched after the first one. Biggest game of the year and he can't make simple clears. Could have easily cost us 2-3 goals due to his inability to clear which caused mad scrambles around the zone.

Greer should sub in for him IMO. But our dumbass coach will probably reward Kerfoot with more playing time. It's like the dumbass is trying to get himself fired.

But Moser and McNab spent half the game talking about how great Kerfoot has been playing the last few games!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
But Moser and McNab spent half the game talking about how great Kerfoot has been playing the last few games!
Kerfoot soaks up 5 chances a game these days. imagine if he could shoot?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Avs are just gonna torture us aren't they? Wish they were sitting solid in a playoff position or just been mathematically out of it right now. Basically there is just one spot Avs are fighting for with Phoenix, Minnesota and Chicago, Avs have a harder schedule than Phoenix and don't have tie breaker against the Wild or the Yotes. It's still gonna be extremely difficult to make it
Not entirely true against the Yotes. If we win the game against them in regulation we would be tied for ROWs and also tied for the next tiebreaker which is points against the team you are tied with. We won the first one and they won the 2nd games. In this case our win would be thrown away so if we win the 3rd one in regulation we would be tied at 2 pts each. Then it goes to goal differential which I doubt they can catch up to us on that one.

Same thing happens with the Hawks. If we end up tie on ROWs the 1st game between us will be thrown away and they won that one so it means we are currently tie 1-1 in that tiebreaker. We would then win the next tiebreaker goal differential in a landslide.

So it is very very important that the Avs win against the Yotes and one of the Hawks games in regulation in case they end up tied with them at the end of the season. Those are currently probably the most important games of all of them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Not entirely true against the Yotes. If we win the game against them in regulation we would be tied for ROWs and also tied for the next tiebreaker which is points against the team you are tied with. We won the first one and they won the 2nd games. In this case our win would be thrown away so if we win the 3rd one in regulation we would be tied at 2 pts each. Then it goes to goal differential which I doubt they can catch up to us on that one.

Same thing happens with the Hawks. If we end up tie on ROWs the 1st game between us will be thrown away and they won that one so it means we are currently tie 1-1 in that tiebreaker. We would then win the next tiebreaker goal differential in a landslide.

So it is very very important that the Avs win against the Yotes and one of the Hawks games in regulation in case they end up tied with them at the end of the season. Those are currently probably the most important games of all of them.
The 1st tie breaker is the wins and Yotes right now have 4 more wins than the Avs, that's the tie breaker I care about and it will be very difficult to make up 4 wins with only 9 games to go in case it does come to tie breaker decision. Bunch of things have to go right for the Avs to make it

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
The 1st tie breaker is the wins and Yotes right now have 4 more wins than the Avs, that's the tie breaker I care about and it will be very difficult to make up 4 wins with only 9 games to go in case it does come to tie breaker decision. Bunch of things have to go right for the Avs to make it

First tiebreaker is ROW, not straight up wins. Arizona only has 1 more ROW than us right now.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You are wrong. Wins is not a tiebreaker. ROW is. What I wrote is correct.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
They better come out firing tomorrow against a team that absolutely embarrassed them last time. I don't like what Dallas is doing right now. Would be ****ing huge to put an end to that in a monster of a game.

They reunited Radulov-Seguin-Benn last night and they seemed to be f***ing rolling against the Cats.... kind of sucks for us... That Hintz kid has given them quite the spark as well.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Suter is so big and strong and tough. Getting in there as a defender when everyone is tied up and pushing someone already engaged with another Wild player.

It's things like that which makes him a real champ.

I thought Eric Fehr's WHINING was truly epic and totally represents the embodiment of what the minnesota wild are all about.

They should lock that guy up long-term...or just build a statue of him with his whiny face outside the arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad