Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Pateryn
Seeler - Hunt

Boobnyk
Stalock​

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would have liked to see Greer get in over Bourque but with Long Beach Native and Landeskog both dead we only have 3 capable PK’ers (Sheldon Dries is good at PK’ing but is worse than Bourque at hockey).

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Would have liked to see Greer get in over Bourque but with Long Beach Native and Landeskog both dead we only have 3 capable PK’ers (Sheldon Dries is good at PK’ing but is worse than Bourque at hockey).
But Gork isnt good at the PK, Bednar loves using him there, but sadly theres a large difference between the two. I thought Greer handled the limited PK minutes he got pretty well.

Reactions: Avs

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
At least there he's a valued player on the roster and not an afterthought put lower on the depth chart than one of the worst players, if not THE worst player, currently active in the National Hockey League.
Im honestly starting to hope they lose out the rest of the season not even for the draft pick but for some semblance of pressure on Bednars job. Joe apparently needs to be put in the corner for him to do anything positive for this franchise.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I think he'll get something like $8K for sitting on his butt in Minnesota as opposed to playing xbox at home.
I bet he doesn't give two shits about the 8 grand, he probably just wants to stop being jerked around while doing everything the team asks of him in the AHL, and getting no real shot to succeed at the next level.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
At least there he's a valued player on the roster and not an afterthought put lower on the depth chart than one of the worst players, if not THE worst player, currently active in the National Hockey League.
He's travelling on the road trip IN CASE they want to put him in the line up, what's so hard to understand? If the game was at home then he wouldn't have been called up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But Gork isnt good at the PK, Bednar loves using him there, but sadly theres a large difference between the two. I thought Greer handled the limited PK minutes he got pretty well.
Bourque isn’t a bad PK’er. He’s worse than Soda/Calvert/JTC but he’s next in the line after those ones based on what we have.

Realize the Avs active PK is a little unorthodox and not easy to learn too. You say you thought Greer handled his PK minutes well which is really odd considering he hasn’t played a second on the PK this season. AJ Greer has yet to step on the ice during a penalty kill in his NHL career so you’re seeing something else there.

Bourque is a much better PK option than Greer. Not because of Greer’s ability but because it’s complex and he likely doesn’t have it down yet. Bourque may not be the best PK’er but he’s one of the few that knows the setup.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We were winning, Sakic sent Greer down and people were angry that he changed the lineup.
We won last game, Sakic calls up Greer as an extra body for security while on the road and people are angry that he is not changing the lineup.

Tough crowd.

FTR I would prefer Greer is in the lineup but I understand why they go with the same one.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Bourque isn’t a bad PK’er. He’s worse than Soda/Calvert/JTC but he’s next in the line after those ones based on what we have.

Realize the Avs active PK is a little unorthodox and not easy to learn too. You say you thought Greer handled his PK minutes well which is really odd considering he hasn’t played a second on the PK this season.

Bourque is a much better PK option than Greer. Not because of Greer’s ability but because it’s complex and he likely doesn’t have it down yet. Bourque may not be the best PK’er but he’s one of the few that knows the setup.
Maybe I'm just mis remembering, but I could've sworn he filled in for a few shifts in the game he scored in.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
MacKinnon haven't had those 5 points game against the Wild in a while, maybe he's due.
Plus he's tied in points with bums like Draisaitl and Gaudreau. Time to get ahead of those scrubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad